Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kevin Thomas

OJl

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110818/SPORTS03/108180370

Mike Chappel had a nice article about Kevin Thomas today. I think the best case scenario is if this kid can become the number two starter opposite Powers. He's got good size. He's fast and athletic. If he has ball skills, we'll have a quality secondary. Lacey and Tryon are nice but better suited as nickle and dime backs.

Mike Chappel had a nice article about Kevin Thomas today. I think the best case scenario is if this kid can become the number two starter opposite Powers. He's got good size. He's fast and athletic. If he has ball skills, we'll have a quality secondary. Lacey and Tryon are nice but better suited as nickle and dime backs.

sounds good but we havent seen enough of him to declare him as the starter, trust me im not in love with Lacey either

Thomas may turn out to be good, but I would really like to see the kid gain some muscle to his ungodly skinny frame. Im just afraid he couldn't bring down some of the bigger recievers to save his life. I honestly can see him riding piggy back on Andre Johnson while he runs for a 50 yd. td reception.

I watched Thomas quite a bit at USC and I think he will be the primary nickle back this year (I think Tryon has the speed and skills to be the starter opposite Powers) and I think Thomas' season will go like this.

First 3 or 4 games he's going to make some noticable mistakes, people will be on this board wondering why Thomas is on the field talking about how the Colts have no depth, they should bring in Rucker or Lacey.

Then the next 5 or 6 games, he will get the same amount of playing time but people will hardly notice him on the field. He won't make many mistakes but QBs just won't throw his way very often.

Then in the latter part of the season he's going to make some big plays and people will be talking what a steal he was in the 3rd round, wonder why he isn't starting.

He's a smart, heady player and he has the ability to apply his knowledge on the field.

Somewhat off topic but here's a quote from the artcle that I found humorous.

I saw how they operated and I pretty much saw how our star players' bodies were built. I could see what muscles they focused on -- the glutes' date=' the quads, the calves, the back muscles, [b']the neck muscles, pretty much all the lower body.

Neck muscles, lower body? I'm guessing he was not a sports medicine major at USC.

Thomas may turn out to be good, but I would really like to see the kid gain some muscle to his ungodly skinny frame. Im just afraid he couldn't bring down some of the bigger recievers to save his life. I honestly can see him riding piggy back on Andre Johnson while he runs for a 50 yd. td reception.

granted it was only a couple plays, but his tackling is what stood out to me in the preseason game vs the rams. and the picture the used in the star he didn't look all that skinny...

I watched Thomas quite a bit at USC and I think he will be the primary nickle back this year (I think Tryon has the speed and skills to be the starter opposite Powers) and I think Thomas' season will go like this.

First 3 or 4 games he's going to make some noticable mistakes, people will be on this board wondering why Thomas is on the field talking about how the Colts have no depth, they should bring in Rucker or Lacey.

Then the next 5 or 6 games, he will get the same amount of playing time but people will hardly notice him on the field. He won't make many mistakes but QBs just won't throw his way very often.

Then in the latter part of the season he's going to make some big plays and people will be talking what a steal he was in the 3rd round, wonder why he isn't starting.

He's a smart, heady player and he has the ability to apply his knowledge on the field.

Somewhat off topic but here's a quote from the artcle that I found humorous.

Neck muscles, lower body? I'm guessing he was not a sports medicine major at USC.

I doubt thats what will happen, the guy looks good in man coverage and he's physical... he's like a marlin jackson except better in coverage. i like lacey with some time he could be a playmaker but i like kevins's size so we'll see what he can do in the preseason games.

granted it was only a couple plays, but his tackling is what stood out to me in the preseason game vs the rams. and the picture the used in the star he didn't look all that skinny...

He was 5 feet away from me at practice one day and my 11 yr. old daughter commented on how skinny he was. I hadn't really payed any attention to it before she said something about it. His arms are like spagetti, granted, there is muscle there, but still very very skinny. There is absolutely no way he is 180lbs like they have him listed at. My guess would be closer to 160lbs, and for a guy thats 6'3", thats ridiculously skinny.

I would love to see Kevin take over Lacey. Even though he's never played a game with the Colts besides last week, he's doing well in practice, as to Lacey who has been failing in practice. Better tackler than Lacey also. He's better, and he needs to be our starter. He reminds me of Powers.

He was 5 feet away from me at practice one day and my 11 yr. old daughter commented on how skinny he was. I hadn't really payed any attention to it before she said something about it. His arms are like spagetti, granted, there is muscle there, but still very very skinny. There is absolutely no way he is 180lbs like they have him listed at. My guess would be closer to 160lbs, and for a guy thats 6'3", thats ridiculously skinny.

I wonder if you saw someone else. Because he is listed neither as 180lbs nor 6'3".

I wonder if you saw someone else. Because he is listed neither as 180lbs nor 6'3".

Your right on his listed size, but it was definitely Thomas that we saw, can't mistake that curly perm he has. They have him listed at 6'0" 192 which is still no way. 192lbs for a 6'0" guy would be pretty good size. I seen him 2 weeks ago so maybe last yr. before the injury he was bigger and still needs to get back into football shape, but when I seen him there was absolutely no way he was that big.

I dont really mind what size he is as long as he stays healthy and is good at his Job. Right now, my worry isnt whether hes good, or if hes got good talent. Its can he stay on the field longer than Bob sanders. Thats my issue. Because Bob was injury prone in college. And i heard the same story with thomas. Can he stay healthy?

Your right on his listed size, but it was definitely Thomas that we saw, can't mistake that curly perm he has. They have him listed at 6'0" 192 which is still no way. 192lbs for a 6'0" guy would be pretty good size. I seen him 2 weeks ago so maybe last yr. before the injury he was bigger and still needs to get back into football shape, but when I seen him there was absolutely no way he was that big.

192 isn't that big at all, he could also have a very dense muscle structure. I have a friend that's 6"1 and very skinny and still weighs 190+ and I bet Kevin looks much more ripped then him.

That was his combine number, so it's pretty accurate, at least at that time. He's about the same frame as Roger-Cromartie.

But I agree, the way he hits you have to wonder how much that body can take before he's out again.