Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luis Castillo Released [Merge]

CjMcGirt23

The old saying is, "there's a reason why you got cut". Its different if a player never really gets a chance because they were behind a log jam of talent. This is clearly a case of deteriorated skills and health. My vote is nope.

Actually, you have no idea if he would be a great pickup. Have you had a look at his MRI`s. put him through a workout?

So your going by the idea that everyone on this Colts forum works for the Colts organization??? Sure why not, yeah I've looked at his MRI, X-rays and have personally put him through a work out. I like this, I was just hired as the new team doctor, physical trainer and more sweet!

It's a forum, he's voicing his opinion. haha

We have good depth at the position. If Redding gets injured then Moala and Nevis would probably start. If Nevis gets injured then it doesn't change anything. If Moala gets injured, then Nevis steps in. They have 3 good players at the 3-4 DE spot. Plus, Ricardo Matthews (or Ogbu, whichever makes the team) are also there.

Not worth it.

....completely agree...the line is the one place on defense the Colts have good depth.

Fugger can play end if needed. Depth chart isn't set yet, you never know where they will put him in camp

In a four-down alignment on passing downs, yes. But it's a different position entirely than playing end in a three-down alignment, which is the position Castillo plays.

The old saying is, "there's a reason why you got cut". Its different if a player never really gets a chance because they were behind a log jam of talent. This is clearly a case of deteriorated skills and health. My vote is nope.

That was exactly what I was thinking. Why did he get cut? Teams don't tend to cut "good" players for no reason.

NFL | Luis Castillo unsure about future Fri Jul 20, 05:17 PM

Free-agent DL Luis A. Castillo (Chargers) is trying to decide if he wants to continue his playing career or stop because of recurring back problems. Castillo will need a few weeks to get healthy if he decides to continue his playing.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jul/19/chargers-release-veteran-castillo/

He's 28 and contemplating if he should continue playing

"Free-agent DL Luis A. Castillo (Chargers) is trying to decide if he wants to continue his playing career or stop because of recurring back problems. Castillo will need a few weeks to get healthy if he decides to continue his playing"

That is pretty much all I need to know right there, I want a player that I know is still hungry and that can get the job done (back injuries are nothing to mess with).

Free-agent DL Luis A. Castillo (Chargers) is trying to decide if he wants to continue his playing career or stop because of recurring back problems. Castillo will need a few weeks to get healthy if he decides to continue his playing.

http://www.utsandieg...teran-castillo/

He's 28 and contemplating if he should continue playing

There's your answer right there. Well found, Krunk.