Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Hart To Coach At Eastern Michigan (Merge)

coltsareok

Hes a class act and we should have never gotten rid of this guy. Great running back. Big mistake by the Colts.

I always liked Mike Hart and definitely wish him well on his coaching career. That said, I don't think any one can say the Colts made a big mistake seeing that no other NFL teams have contacted him. The guy played with a lot of heart and was nice to watch in spurts but unfortuately injuries were a problem and the Colts simply had to look in another direction. Sounds like Hart is at peace though with moving on in his life and I hope things work out for him.

I always liked Mike Hart and definitely wish him well on his coaching career. That said, I don't think any one can say the Colts made a big mistake seeing that no other NFL teams have contacted him. The guy played with a lot of heart and was nice to watch in spurts but unfortuately injuries were a problem and the Colts simply had to look in another direction. Sounds like Hart is at peace though with moving on in his life and I hope things work out for him.

I agree he was a true class act but it wasn't in the Colts best interest to keep him due to injuries. These young players that came in this year have so much potential IE Carter, Evans, and Spann. He gave us some good years and it is sad that he gave up on the NFL, but the fact is the guy was to Injured to much and didn't get enough playing time when he wasn't. It was definitely time to move on. I am surprised noone picked him up, he could be a solid second for some teams.

Hes a class act and we should have never gotten rid of this guy. Great running back. Big mistake by the Colts.

Qualifying this as a big mistake by the Colts is comical.

And actually, don't you mean big mistake by the entire league? They all had a chance at him and passed. Maybe all these NFL personnel guys know something you don't.

He seemed to be a good guy and hard worker and all but his talent is a dime a dozen. Couple that with an inability to stay healthy, and it can't be a surprise that he was cut and not picked up by anyone.

Qualifying this as a big mistake by the Colts is comical.

And actually, don't you mean big mistake by the entire league? They all had a chance at him and passed. Maybe all these NFL personnel guys know something you don't.

He seemed to be a good guy and hard worker and all but his talent is a dime a dozen. Couple that with an inability to stay healthy, and it can't be a surprise that he was cut and not picked up by anyone.

"Comical" understates the WTH factor involved. It is hilarious that anyone would suggest he was worth a roster spot. Good luck to him though, I hope he finds success off the field. Travel well, Mike Hart.

Had a feeling that would happen. No one (especially this year with a few days of free agency) is wanting to risk a roster spot on a player that was injured every year of his career and was a 3rd stringer on one of the worst run offenses in the league. Too bad because I thought he had potential, but he could never reach that potential on IR.

Former Colts RB Mike Hart has accepted a job on the coaching staff of Eastern Michigan University.

Nothing is official yet, but it appears that Hart has retired from the NFL. The all-time leading rusher at the University of Michigan suffered through three injury-plagued seasons in Indy, finishing with 71 carries for 264 yards and two touchdowns in 21 career games.

Rotoworld.

Glad to hear, but sad at the same time.

He never really got a chance to show what he could do due to his body not being able to hold up - I thought he flashed starter-ability the few chances he got to contribute, and certainly had the talent.

Couldn't agree more, and am surprised that someone did not pick him up .....

i liked Mike Hart but being a class act doesnt help win championships. There was simply no room for him with our recent additions. And hes being replaced with great talent in Delone Carter possibly Evans and Spann. I wish him the best though

I liked Hart and was really hoping that the Colts would give him another chance, but it wasn't in our best interest. We have lots of competition at the RB position anyway, so it's not a good choice to keep a guy who has a history of injuries. Best of luck to him wherever he goes and whatever he does