Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

hes getting better

CR91

man brad wells sucks, he thinks he is so much smater and better than anyone. id like a journalist to actually act like a journalist and get some stories, not rumors, copy pastes and opinions. there is 0 investigation with that guy, i bet he never leaves the chair

He's not a journalist, and I don't think he's ever claimed to be one (Nate Dunlevy calls himself a gonzo jounalist). He wants the freddom of a blogger, but wants the respect of a Pulitzer winning journalist.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am not too familiar with the situation, but I think Tebow said he would backup Manning and that he did not need to start, That could have been a conversation that was run by Manning and, judging by the past maybe Manning said, nah trade him because he didn't want a decent QB behind him.

I don't think so. I agree with NCF, Tebow was leaving, with or without Manning being there. Maybe not by His (Tebow's) choosing, but he was leaving.

I don't think so. I agree with NCF, Tebow was leaving, with or without Manning being there.

Why do you think that? just curious. Someone who made merchandise sales and ticket sales surge through the roof with a devout fan base, he would have been my ideal backup in Denver from a business perspective. Then if Manning goes down, you have a QB who the fan base already loves.

Why do you think that? just curious. Someone who made merchandise sales and ticket sales surge through the roof with a devout fan base, he would have been my ideal backup in Denver from a business perspective. Then if Manning goes down, you have a QB who the fan base already loves.

As I stated earlier, It was Never a secret that Elway wasn't a Fan of Tebow. I agree with NCF that brining Peyton in, was a way to legitimately make that break. I "think" that was Elway and Bronco Management's choice, Not Peyton's. No fact of course, just my opinion. Could be wrong, Could be right. Doesn't really matter.

As I stated earlier, It was Never a secret that Elway wasn't a Fan of Tebow. I agree with NCF that brining Peyton in, was a way to legitimately make that break. I "think" that was Elway and Bronco Management's choice, Not Peyton's. No fact of course, just my opinion. Could be wrong, Could be right. Doesn't really matter.

I dunno, I don't think you go after a QB just to break up with the guy who made your organizations profits soar. Plus if the Broncos are treating Manning like the colts did, he is in fact part of the management :) lol

I dunno, I don't think you go after a QB just to break up with the guy who made your organizations profits soar. Plus if the Broncos are treating Manning like the colts did, he is in fact part of the management :) lol

Unless of course, the new QB is going to take those profits to an even higher unimaginable level. Bazinga..... :P

Unless of course, the new QB is going to take those profits to an even higher unimaginable level. Bazinga..... :P

True, It is possible. For the Broncos organization's sake I hope Manning stays healthy, because if he doesn't those fans will be calling for Elway's head.

True, It is possible. For the Broncos organization's sake I hope Manning stays healthy, because if he doesn't those fans will be calling for Elway's head.

For my sake, I hope he stays healthy, I'm selfish that way

Some fit because you want them to fit.

Some can't help but fit perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn2S7fq_p1E

I'm confused, One would think that the first line is about Manning, seeing as he was replacing a QB in another organization which wanted to change it's image, but Tebow did not fit the broncos perfectly, and Manning hasn't taken a snap yet, so no one can make that perfect fit call just yet.

Well, I am not too familiar with the situation, but I think Tebow said he would backup Manning and that he did not need to start, That could have been a conversation that was run by Manning and, judging by the past maybe Manning said, nah trade him because he didn't want a decent QB behind him.

Anything is possible. I just don't think the scenario you laid out is likely in any way. Tebow is a great kid, great person. But Elway didn't believe in him as a QB. Why pay a back-up starters money? Once it was Manning, Tebow was no longer a good fit. Put another way, the HC, John Fox, said Tebow couldn't run a conventional NFL offense. Which is why they ran the college system that they did for him.

Now, with Manning coming in and the system is even more dependent on superior NFL reading and throwing skills, Tebow would be further compromised. He needed to be traded. Also, it makes no sense for Manning not to want a good back-up. If that was the case, then Elways wouldn't have spent a 2nd round draft pick on the eventual replacement for Manning, then gone out and acquired a veteran back-up.

IMO, this was Elway's call all the way....

According to John Elways words himself, he publicly stated that he was going to work with Tebow in the offseason on his passing game, reading defenses and throwing motion and all that stuff. But Manning became free so, the business aspect took over and naturally he went after Manning and Tim was traded, so to the circus that would ensue if Manning was to struggle in Denver and not regain is in game form would likely not be nearly as bad if Tebow was still there

I don't think a little more than 2 million per season guaranteed is too much to pay a backup. Also Tebow was already gone by the time the draft rolled around, so they had to draft a backup then.

Most back-ups don't make $2 Mill. And they weren't required to spend a #2.

Sorry, I don't mean for this to be a fight.... just an exchange of views...

Most back-ups don't make $2 Mill. And they weren't required to spend a #2.

Sorry, I don't mean for this to be a fight.... just an exchange of views...

:catfight: it's always a fight when people on here are discussing Peyton. :manning:

What I found interesting from this article was that a previous management paid $3,855,000 for a 3 year contract extension to a guy they knew would never get on the filed but for a disaster. I know that if it was my money they were flushing down the toilet, heads would definitely roll

Good luck to Manning and the Broncos, but there is no way i would have paid $89 mill for a 38yo QB. But then I probably wouldn't have let him go from the Colts.

I can understand the thinking behind the Colts decision--thinking longer term, but the Broncos took a very short term view--for their sake you would want them to be actively grooming a successor for the future

Good luck to Manning and the Broncos, but there is no way i would have paid $89 mill for a 38yo QB. But then I probably wouldn't have let him go from the Colts.

I can understand the thinking behind the Colts decision--thinking longer term, but the Broncos took a very short term view--for their sake you would want them to be actively grooming a successor for the future

Manning is 36, and the contract has outs every year for the Broncos.

I listened to a ton of Denver sports radio during the period in which the Broncos signed Manning (as well as reading everything I could find).

The assumption that Manning is petty, insecure, and manipulative is without merit. One would hope that we all have more respect for him than that after all these years. It is actually a matter of record that he encouraged the Broncos to draft a QB high in the draft because he didn't want to put them in the same position that the Colts were in. So the issue is actually that Tebow is NOT a "decent backup QB", that he requires an entirely different offense around him than Manning, and that despite his obvious limitations he inspires such devotion amongst his flock that once he gets his foot in the door, it is impossible to get him out without making yourself a pariah. There was clearly an unhealthy schism in the fan base between long-term Broncos fans and those who literally worship Tebow and view him as more than a football player. It was by all accounts pretty ugly. Just listening to the alternating phone calls was unnerving. I pity Elway for having been stuck in the situation.

Manning was probably the only person that they could have brought in that provided a rational football excuse for getting out of that predicament. In fact the cynic in me thinks that half the reason for the Bronco's overwhelming enthusiasm in pursuing Manning was the "secondary" opportunity that he provides. Namely that even if he fails, they will have at least succeeded in getting Tebow out of town. The Broncos have never had a problem selling tickets, and to hear long time Broncos fans talk, much of he bandwagon that followed Tebow were newcomers who cared little for football in general, and the Broncos in particular. The long-term fans are looking forward to them returning from whence they came.

Manning is not petty or insecure, but it is no secret that he did not want any developmental QB that could possibly take any of his time with the first team in any way shape or form. I don't agree with you that Tebow couldn't have been a backup. He is a young inexperienced QB, they could have had him working on a pro-style offense all season while Manning is leading the charge. I'm not even a Tebow fan at all, as a matter of fact I can't stand the guy but the facts are that he made the Broncos a more profitable organization.

What do I attribute to him getting ran out of town? Between Elway and Manning the Broncos decided to trade him. It wasn't either one individually but a combination of both.

What do I attribute to him getting ran out of town? Between Elway and Manning the Broncos decided to trade him. It wasn't either one individually but a combination of both.

We've been over this so many times now. I have an idea..... You believe what you want, we'll believe what we want, Neither opinion matters... What's done is done. Football season can't get here fast enough..... :grouphug::huthut: :drink: :cheer:

We've been over this so many times now. I have an idea..... You believe what you want, we'll believe what we want, Neither opinion matters... What's done is done. Football season can't get here fast enough..... :grouphug::huthut: :drink: :cheer:

Edited by Maureen
rude

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 27, 2012 - response to edited post
Hidden by Nadine, June 27, 2012 - response to edited post

I'm not sure what your problem is. I am engaging in a non-agressive conversation about football. Who are you to claim yourself as the collective voice in this thread and proclaim that no ones opinion matters. im not sure if you guys think i'm bashing Manning, but i'm not. We all know who he was and what he meant to this orginization and i'm not going trying to tarnish him. We all know no one is perfect.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 27, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, June 27, 2012 - personal shot

I'm not sure what your problem is. I am engaging in a non-agressive conversation about football. Who are you to claim yourself as the collective voice in this thread and proclaim that no ones opinion matters. im not sure if you guys think i'm bashing Manning, but i'm not. We all know who he was and what he meant to this orginization and i'm not going trying to tarnish him. We all know no one is perfect.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 27, 2012 - responding to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, June 27, 2012 - responding to removed post

Silent Hill! You have the right to remain silent (I never agree to this) My thought is this argument is going nowhere....Silence is a virtue....Silent Night....Have a great night.....I have read everything....You go back and forth...Tebow is in New York. Peyton is in Denver. Silent Night.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 27, 2012 - response to removed comment
Hidden by Nadine, June 27, 2012 - response to removed comment

Silent Hill! You have the right to remain silent (I never agree to this) My thought is this argument is going nowhere....Silence is a virtue....Silent Night....Have a great night.....I have read everything....You go back and forth...Tebow is in New York. Peyton is in Denver. Silent Night.

I've never been a fan of the Na'Polians, but if it weren't for him and his ego tripping and not having a good backup, we wouldn't have went 2-12 and gotten Luck with the first pick. Even though I loathed last season I'm pretty thankful it all worked out like it did.

I stopped reading after the dumb statement.... "The colts where never really a good team without Peyton Manning"

Ok.. I get it now.. Peyton played all the defensive positions... he played on special teams... he was the entire offense... he even coached the team too right?

smh...

It's only true because the offensive and even defensive systems were built around him. Our Colts needed a good QB at least.

I know where the players are. What we are talking about is how Tebow got kicked out of Denver. The argument that "what's done is done" holds no water. That's like me saying, that the North won the civil war and no one cares how it happened.

But you're looking for fire where there's no smoke. Everything suggests that a) Elway didn't want Tebow, and b) Manning had no problem with Tebow.

Even if Manning wanted Tebow gone, he didn't have to impress that upon Elway, because Elway wanted Tebow gone. And that's before Manning came anywhere near the Broncos. You're trying to attribute Tebow's departure to Manning, and there's really no evidence to suggest that Manning is responsible.

But you're looking for fire where there's no smoke. Everything suggests that a) Elway didn't want Tebow, and b) Manning had no problem with Tebow.

Even if Manning wanted Tebow gone, he didn't have to impress that upon Elway, because Elway wanted Tebow gone. And that's before Manning came anywhere near the Broncos. You're trying to attribute Tebow's departure to Manning, and there's really no evidence to suggest that Manning is responsible.

That's your opinion, the facts are that no one really knows if there was a discussion between Manning and Elway regarding Tebow. I happen to believe that conversation happened. There is no evidence to support either side. I'm just going on Manning's previous history in which he was very involved in team decisions and that history showed that he did not want to mentor any other quarterbacks.

That's your opinion, the facts are that no one really knows if there was a discussion between Manning and Elway regarding Tebow. I happen to believe that conversation happened. There is no evidence to support either side. I'm just going on Manning's previous history in which he was very involved in team decisions and that history showed that he did not want to mentor any other quarterbacks.

If Manning were "very involved" in team decisions, Eric Decker would be a Colt instead of a Bronco. It seems as if you are going out of your way to paint a very negative picture of Manning by attempting to pass off your "opinion" as facts. [mod edit: personal comment removed]

Is this guy serious? We accepted a mediocre team if Peyton went down? I don't think any of us we're okay with the last season, but screaming at the TV said otherwise this last season? :dunno:

Also Jim Sorgi wasn't a terrible player like Curtis Painter. I guess he ignored the Colts were 13-3 when Sorgi was in the game. He had a 3.6 TD% to a .6 Int% and a 63.5 CMP%. This is a huge step up from a 2.2 TD% and a 4.5 INT% and a 51.7 CMP%.

The whole problem last year was Painter was terrible. Had we kept Sorgi we are probably better than 2-14.

I agree. I think if the Colts had had a good DC last year and average QB play for the entire season they would have been in the 6-10 to 8-8 range.

Also about this thread. If Brad at Stampede Blue makes anyone think they that person(s) has a sever thinking problem.

But that's the thing: There is evidence that a) Elway wasn't satisfied with Tebow; and b) Manning was fine with Tebow staying.

a) http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/30224339/detail.html

"Right now we've got two quarterbacks under contract. We have to obviously be in the market to find some more quarterbacks," Elway said. "Whether it's through free agency or draft, we’ll look at both those options.

b) http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-happy-to-be-teammates-with-Tim-Tebow-Denver-Broncos-032012

I know what kind of player Tim Tebow is, what kind of person he is, what an awesome year it was. If Tim Tebow is here, I'm going to be the best teammate. If other opportunities are presented to him, I'm going to wish him the best.

There is no evidence to support your idea that Manning's signing with Denver was conditional upon Tebow leaving. It very well could have been, but that's entirely supposition.

There's also ZERO evidence to support the idea that Manning has been involved in team decisions in the past. He, along with Irsay and Polian, have refuted that idea on numerous occasions.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, June 25, 2012 - personal spat
Hidden by Superman, June 25, 2012 - personal spat

If Manning were "very involved" in team decisions, Eric Decker would be a Colt instead of a Bronco. It seems as if you are going out of your way to paint a very negative picture of Manning by attempting to pass off your "opinion" as facts. But hey what's new.

How is the picture I'm painting negative? Also thanks for the snide remark it was much appreciated.

It's only true because the offensive and even defensive systems were built around him. Our Colts needed a good QB at least.

I understand how much Peyton played a role in our success over the years... but.. he didn't do it all by himself. If that was the case.. we would have more Superbowl wins under our belt. We have had more than one star player on the roster. This writer and other people who take credit away from the rest of the players and staff need to go through some sort of Peyton Manning detoxification and rehab program.

I think Peyton is the greatest Qb of all time.. but he didn't carry the entire team like everybody would like to believe. He was one of the biggest guns in our arsenal.. no doubt.. but we also used our other weapons when we went to battle.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, June 25, 2012 - personal spat
Hidden by Superman, June 25, 2012 - personal spat

How is the picture I'm painting negative? Also thanks for the snide remark it was much appreciated.

No snide remarks are present. I can promise you that.

Just calling it like I see it.

How you ask? Read your words.

But that's the thing: There is evidence that a) Elway wasn't satisfied with Tebow; and b) Manning was fine with Tebow staying.

a) http://www.thedenver...339/detail.html

b) http://msn.foxsports...-Broncos-032012

There is no evidence to support your idea that Manning's signing with Denver was conditional upon Tebow leaving. It very well could have been, but that's entirely supposition.

There's also ZERO evidence to support the idea that Manning has been involved in team decisions in the past. He, along with Irsay and Polian, have refuted that idea on numerous occasions.

No one is arguing that Elway didn't want Tebow around. It was well known.

What did you want Manning to say to the Media? Did you want him to tell the media that he didn't want Tebow in town? Cmon now.

I'm not saying that Manning's signing was conditonal upon it, but it was a "plus" for Manning that Elway wanted him gone. It surely wasn't something he marked in the negative column when considering the Broncos.