Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Linkenbach and the O Line

ztboiler

http://blogs.colts.com/2012/05/24/offensive-line-presents-versatile-options/

I was very surprised to see some specific mention in this article by our O Line coach that they are moving Link around to find the right spot for him and they see him as one of the top 5 or 6 linemen. I know he has experience and a lot of linemen seem to hit their stride a bit later than skill position players, but it hasn't really crossed my mind that Link could be one of the players that emerges as a regular on this line. I should say, I was hoping not based on past performance, but maybe he is putting it together. I'm still skeptical, I guess, that this is more than a nice mention for a returning player and think his spot on the roster is still very much in doubt.

Well considering Costanzo and Ijalana aren't practicing he could be 5th or 6th on our depth chart. Like others said his run blocking wasn't his problem it was pass protection. Something he had to do 65% of the time in the Manning era but more likely 55% in the beginning Luck era.

Well considering Costanzo and Ijalana aren't practicing he could be 5th or 6th on our depth chart. Like others said his run blocking wasn't his problem it was pass protection. Something he had to do 65% of the time in the Manning era but more likely 55% in the beginning Luck era.

Like you said, maybe they meant of the players practicing right now....let's hope.

As far as the guys who’ve been here, Jeff (Linkenbach) is doing a great job. (We’re) kind of bouncing him around from tackle to guard, just trying to find him a home because I think he’s maybe one of our top five or six lineman.”

The bolded portion is incredibly relevant, if you ask me.

He will be fine as the swingman for depth purposes...........back-up tackle and guard. He won't sniff the starting lineup when everyone is healthy!

Backup tackle, yes. Backup guard, no, please, no!!! We dont want him rag dolled into Luck!!!

Backup tackle, yes. Backup guard, no, please, no!!! We dont want him rag dolled into Luck!!!

Just reading through the posts to mekae sure what I had to say wasn't aleady here. My comment is just don't line him up opposite Garay. I still think that was the worst beating on a play I have ever sen a O Lineman take.