Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Under Pressure

Dtman513

Recently, NFL.com has been doing a column called "Under Pressure" where they take a player from each team who has to prove their worth in 2012. For the Colts they picked Andrew Luck because he was #1 overall, trying to replace Peyton, blah blah we all know the story.

So, who else do you guys think on our squad is under pressure? Who else has to prove their worth?

Recently, NFL.com has been doing a column called "Under Pressure" where they take a player from each team who has to prove their worth in 2012. For the Colts they picked Andrew Luck because he was #1 overall, trying to replace Peyton, blah blah we all know the story.

So, who else do you guys think on our squad is under pressure? Who else has to prove their worth?

Any other rookie on the team, I'd say the tightends and WRs are to an extent because we have nothing behind them.

I'd also say Freeney and Mathis trying to making the move to OLB as well as our o-line.

Easy Donald Brown since it's a contract year and first year as a full time starter and they really want to improve the run game and even gave him a new bigger younger oline to run behind

Donald Brown has to produse like a #1 RB. Jerry Hughes has to show hustle and that he isnt a bust, its his last chance, Kevin Thomas has to show he wasn't a wasted pick, Austin Collie has to perform and show he isn't injury prone, Ben Ijalana coming off an injury, J Powers has to stay healthy and hopefully shows improvement and that he is a #1 CB.

Easy Donald Brown since it's a contract year and first year as a full time starter and they really want to improve the run game and even gave him a new bigger younger oline to run behind

Donald Brown but i think he will have a big year.Freeney,Hughesin that order IMO

Donald Brown has to produse like a #1 RB. Kevin Thomas has to show he wasn't a wasted pick, Austin Collie has to perform and show he isn't injury prone, Ben Ijalana coming off an injury, J Powers has to stay healthy and hopefully shows improvement and that he is a #1 CB.

Austin played in 16 games last year?

Honestly, in an odd kind of way, i think AV is going to be under pressure. If Luck can get us close then Vini has to seal the deal with a FG. If he misses a couple early then more pressure on Luck to put it in the end zone. Having said that; does AV even know what pressure is??

I also think Hughes has to show it this year or he's gone. I'm hoping he gets (yet another) chance to shine and makes good on it.

Freeney has no pressure on him what so ever. If he fails at LB, he will still get a nice contract from someone next year as a 4-3 DE. I dont get where so many think he has pressure on him at all.. He has nothing to prove.

I acknowledge that I agree with your post. The one thing i would add to it is that he might feel pressure to perform in training camp, because the team could still cut him before week 1, and he would lose quite a bit of money, because I doubt anyone else would pay him 14 million this season.

Donald Brown has to produse like a #1 RB. Jerry Hughes has to show hustle and that he isnt a bust, its his last chance, Kevin Thomas has to show he wasn't a wasted pick, Austin Collie has to perform and show he isn't injury prone, Ben Ijalana coming off an injury, J Powers has to stay healthy and hopefully shows improvement and that he is a #1 CB.

Im not sure where you get Austin is injury "prone" He played 16 games his rookie year, he had the concussions the year before last, but then played 16 games last year

Im not sure where you get Austin is injury "prone" He played 16 games his rookie year, he had the concussions the year before last, but then played 16 games last year

having the same injury multiples times in a season is scary. Not to mention his rookie year was his only real non injury year. It's easy to stay healthy when you catch like 12 passes all year like last year.

Freeney has no pressure on him what so ever. If he fails at LB, he will still get a nice contract from someone next year as a 4-3 DE. I dont get where so many think he has pressure on him at all.. He has nothing to prove.

It's a contract year, he's 32 years old, and he's taking on additional responsibilities. If he doesn't play well, it will be glaringly obvious. I think he has millions of dollars on the line right now.

Freeney and Mathis. They're both at new positions, and are vital to our defense.

Castonzo needs to show improvement.

Ijalana needs to impress this year, and has increased competition.

Donald Brown... obviously.

Luck needs to prove he's ready for the NFL and the step up in competition.

having the same injury multiples times in a season is scary. Not to mention his rookie year was his only real non injury year. It's easy to stay healthy when you catch like 12 passes all year like last year.

Did you mean 54 catches? Because he had 54 catches last season, and didn't miss a game.

I think it's safe to say that the concussions are behind him at this point. If he were to get his bell rung, he'd probably have a serious problem on his hands and have a pretty tough decision to make (and I'd hope he'd err on the side of caution and hang it up), but anyone who gets hit in the head is going to suffer a concussion. The only reason it's more serious with him is because he's already suffered a pretty severe brain injury. But it's not like he's at risk of a concussion if he combs his hair too hard. He can practice full speed, he can play full speed, and with a decent quarterback, he can be very productive.

I don't think it's reasonable to label him as injury prone, nor do I think he's at any particular amount of risk at this point.

Did you mean 54 catches? Because he had 54 catches last season, and didn't miss a game.

I think it's safe to say that the concussions are behind him at this point. If he were to get his bell rung, he'd probably have a serious problem on his hands and have a pretty tough decision to make (and I'd hope he'd err on the side of caution and hang it up), but anyone who gets hit in the head is going to suffer a concussion. The only reason it's more serious with him is because he's already suffered a pretty severe brain injury. But it's not like he's at risk of a concussion if he combs his hair too hard. He can practice full speed, he can play full speed, and with a decent quarterback, he can be very productive.

I don't think it's reasonable to label him as injury prone, nor do I think he's at any particular amount of risk at this point.

Wow 54 whole catches!!!!!!!!!!!! And I already know he wasn't injured, I have been told that several times (and already knew that). I'm saying he has to prove that when he is given the ball consistently, he can stay upright. I'm not saying he's like Gonzo, I'm saying he has to prove that to me! You can all act like I said he is a terrible player and get all defensive, but that's my opinion.

Yes, that's one season. He has to show he can play all year again and produce. It seems he's either healty or productive, rarely both. His head still scares me.

He did it his rookie year too. He had one season where he had injury issues. Dallas Clark had a year like that as well in 2007. Once he got healthy he was good to go most of the rest of his career till he got the wrist injury.

Injuries happen not everyone is Bob Sanders and keep getting hurt and missing seasons.

Wow 54 whole catches!!!!!!!!!!!! And I already know he wasn't injured, I have been told that several times (and already knew that). I'm saying he has to prove that when he is given the ball consistently, he can stay upright. I'm not saying he's like Gonzo, I'm saying he has to prove that to me! You can all act like I said he is a terrible player and get all defensive, but that's my opinion.

Well since our leading WR only had 75 catches last year I would say that 54 is pretty good for a third option WR (and on some plays fourth option after Clark) playing with guys like Painter, Orlovsky, and Collins as QBs.

He did it his rookie year too. He had one season where he had injury issues. Dallas Clark had a year like that as well in 2007. Once he got healthy he was good to go most of the rest of his career till he got the wrist injury.

Injuries happen not everyone is Bob Sanders and keep getting hurt and missing seasons.

Thank you, I already know he had a healthy rookie year, and I've been told 3 times now, too. Im not saying he IS injury prone, I'm saying he has to prove to ME that he isn't this year. MY opinion. MINE. You can disagree.

People with the most pressure are the coaches. Everyone is under pressure, it is quite obvious we are looking for the players that played the best and that we're constantly looking for improvement. No 1 except andrew luck is safe. With this new general manager If you find someone better he's got your spot. I absolutely love this it means that we're constantly improving. I would say jerry hughes donald brown robert mathis dwight freeney Or anyone that we have traded for picked up in free agency has a low risk high reward is not safe. As a colts fan you can't disagree with that strategy. Your name alone is not good enough it's all about performance.

Thank you, I already know he had a healthy rookie year, and I've been told 3 times now, too. Im not saying he IS injury prone, I'm saying he has to prove to ME that he isn't this year. MY opinion. MINE. You can disagree.

Yes I can and I am disagreeing, I never said you couldn't have your opinoin. I could also say Aaron Rodgers needs to prove to me he's a good QB this year because he's only won one league MVP and I am sure I would be getting as many people disagreeing with me as you are with you because when you look at the facts they don't really support that opinion or yours. None the less those opinions are welcomed but that isn't what this is about because no one said you can't have your opinion. People have laid out reasons why they disagree with you and used facts to support them. There is nothing wrong with that either even if it has been done three times now. Odds are if you hold to this opinion which again you are welcomed to do it's going to be pointed out to you a lot more.

Luck is replacing Peyton Manning if you don't think he has something to prove I think you are going to be mistaken.

Sure he does but those arent going to be make or break expectations, hes not expected to lead us into the playoffs or come that close to a winning record, hes expected to show that he is capable of running the offense as for Peyton Manning what did he do his first year that Luck has to pass? go 3-13 Peyton did have 26 touchdown passes but it seems some people forget he threw 28 interceptions, as long as Luck shows signs he can run the offense and not be the next David Carr then I think he has passed expectations in year one

Sure he does but those arent going to be make or break expectations, hes not expected to lead us into the playoffs or come that close to a winning record, hes expected to show that he is capable of running the offense as for Peyton Manning what did he do his first year that Luck has to pass? go 3-13 Peyton did have 26 touchdown passes but it seems some people forget he threw 28 interceptions, as long as Luck shows signs he can run the offense and not be the next David Carr then I think he has passed expectations in year one

That's true it's not make or break expectations but still everything he does is going to be compared to Peyton Manning by a lot of people right or wrong or fair that's what is going to happen. You could also argue he will be under more pressure than anyone else on the team. With that said, I think Luck is already showing signs of being able to handle it.

Yes I can and I am disagreeing, I never said you couldn't have your opinoin. I could also say Aaron Rodgers needs to prove to me he's a good QB this year because he's only won one league MVP and I am sure I would be getting as many people disagreeing with me as you are with you because when you look at the facts they don't really support that opinion or yours. None the less those opinions are welcomed but that isn't what this is about because no one said you can't have your opinion. People have laid out reasons why they disagree with you and used facts to support them. There is nothing wrong with that either even if it has been done three times now. Odds are if you hold to this opinion which again you are welcomed to do it's going to be pointed out to you a lot more.

I think you comparing being concerned that multiple concussions would hurt a guy that wasn't hammered in the head at all last year, and Aaron Rodgers being bad are ludicrous. I doubt the same amount of people would disagree, as nobody in this forum would say Rodgers is bad. I think some would say that there is a possible concern with Collies head with increased passes. You are defending him like I am insulting him. I'm saying that I am worried he may be injury prone when he gets hit more. I don't think that is as crazy as you're trying to make it seem.

That's true it's not make or break expectations but still everything he does is going to be compared to Peyton Manning by a lot of people right or wrong or fair that's what is going to happen. You could also argue he will be under more pressure than anyone else on the team. With that said, I think Luck is already showing signs of being able to handle it.

Luck and Manning are different players in some ways, I loved the Manning years but I wont compare the two, its Lucks first year. I think its pretty clear the Corners are the most under pressure given all the moves Grigson has made their and is trying to make. Also defensive line and offensive line, only reason I dont think Freeney is under any pressure is because I believe this will be his last year as a Colt anyway

I think you comparing being concerned that multiple concussions would hurt a guy that wasn't hammered in the head at all last year, and Aaron Rodgers being bad are ludicrous. I doubt the same amount of people would disagree, as nobody in this forum would say Rodgers is bad. I think some would say that there is a possible concern with Collies head with increased passes. You are defending him like I am insulting him. I'm saying that I am worried he may be injury prone when he gets hit more. I don't think that is as crazy as you're trying to make it seem.

You missed the point I was getting at. That was simply this just because you are entitled to your opinion doesn't mean that everyone is going to agree with it and just because they state why they don't agree with it doesn't mean they are saying you can't have your opinion and if more than one person doesn't agree with your opinion they are going to point out the reasons why even if people do it more than once. When you take an unpopular stance that's the reaction you are going to get. Nothing wrong with you taking that opinion but by the same token there is nothing wrong with people pointing facts out to you even if they don't support your argument.

Again like I used Clark as an example he had concision issues during the 2007 season the caused him issues all season but that was the only season of his career it was a problem. Sometimes that happens. Just because a player had issues with concision one time in his career doesn't mean it's going to be a career long problem. People gave you last season as an example of how Collie was able to stay healthy and when you had issues with that people sighted his rookie season and the fact his production from last year wasn't that down when you factor in what the rest of the team did and who he was played with and what his role on the team was. Yet now you are getting mad that people are pointing out facts to you more than once. That says to me that you are more upset about the fact people aren't agreeing with your opinion and are using facts to support theirs.

Yes Collie had injury issues two years ago. If you are still worried about them you are well with in your right to be. With that said people who don't agree with you are well with in their right too even if the same fact gets pointed out to you more than once.

Luck and Manning are different players in some ways, I loved the Manning years but I wont compare the two, its Lucks first year. I think its pretty clear the Corners are the most under pressure given all the moves Grigson has made their and is trying to make. Also defensive like and offensive line, only reason I dont think Freeney is under any pressure is because I believe this will be his last year as a Colt anyway

Yes they are different players so are Ricky Williams, Faulk, and Edge yet during Edge's rookie year every day after a game in the Indy Star there a story on The back the Colts could have had (Williams) The back they did have (Faulk) and the back they do have (Edge) comparing their numbers from that weekend. Just because players are different styles doesn't mean they wont be compared to each other. Like I said before rather that's fair, right, or wrong it's going to happen. To a lot of Colts fans Luck is going to be viewed a the guy who replaced Peyton Manning and when you are talking about probably the most popular player in Indianapolis sports history there is going to be some pressure on Luck to replace him. With that said I think Luck is already showing signs he can handle and he's at least saying exactly what he should, that he understands he's not Peyton Manning and that he just has to be the best player he can be. With that said people are still going to compare the too.

You missed the point I was getting at. That was simply this just because you are entitled to your opinion doesn't mean that everyone is going to agree with it and just because they state why they don't agree with it doesn't mean they are saying you can't have your opinion and if more than one person doesn't agree with your opinion they are going to point out the reasons why even if people do it more than once. When you take an unpopular stance that's the reaction you are going to get. Nothing wrong with you taking that opinion but by the same token there is nothing wrong with people pointing facts out to you even if they don't support your argument.

Again like I used Clark as an example he had concision issues during the 2007 season the caused him issues all season but that was the only season of his career it was a problem. Sometimes that happens. Just because a player had issues with concision one time in his career doesn't mean it's going to be a career long problem. People gave you last season as an example of how Collie was able to stay healthy and when you had issues with that people sighted his rookie season and the fact his production from last year wasn't that down when you factor in what the rest of the team did and who he was played with and what his role on the team was. Yet now you are getting mad that people are pointing out facts to you more than once. That says to me that you are more upset about the fact people aren't agreeing with your opinion and are using facts to support theirs.

Yes Collie had injury issues two years ago. If you are still worried about them you are well with in your right to be. With that said people who don't agree with you are well with in their right too even if the same fact gets pointed out to you more than once.

While I think your logic is flawed, I'm ending this petty argument. I am declared the winner :)

Yes they are different players so are Ricky Williams, Faulk, and Edge yet during Edge's rookie year every day after a game in the Indy Star there a story on The back the Colts could have had (Williams) The back they did have (Faulk) and the back they do have (Edge) comparing their numbers from that weekend. Just because players are different styles doesn't mean they wont be compared to each other. Like I said before rather that's fair, right, or wrong it's going to happen. To a lot of Colts fans Luck is going to be viewed a the guy who replaced Peyton Manning and when you are talking about probably the most popular player in Indianapolis sports history there is going to be some pressure on Luck to replace him. With that said I think Luck is already showing signs he can handle and he's at least saying exactly what he should, that he understands he's not Peyton Manning and that he just has to be the best player he can be. With that said people are still going to compare the too.

I know the comparisons will happen thats always going to happen in a situation like this, but instead of worrying about comparing I will just wait it out and watch him improve......like Manning did

I know the comparisons will happen thats always going to happen in a situation like this, but instead of worrying about comparing I will just wait it out and watch him improve......like Manning did

As I am sure a lot of people will. With that said there is still going to be pressure on Luck which is what I was getting at.

While I think your logic is flawed, I'm ending this petty argument. I am declared the winner :)

Well clearly or we wouldn't have had a disagreement. Enjoy your internet glory. I'll contact the guys who printed the Jags 375 banner and see if they can print you one too.