Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Workout Warrior

atapcl

Is Buddy Jackson a workout warrior? He is 6-1 180. He ran a 4.37 forty with 40V, 11'8" BJ, 15 Reps, 4.10S, 7.11C. He is reported to have run a 40 as fast as 4.29. The 15 reps does not indicate someone who stays in the weight room. It may be he is just a naturally good athlete. The problem with him is he only started one game at CB in 4 years at Pitt. We call players like him "coach killers" because a coach who starts him and loses games will lose his job. Maybe he does not have the field vission to stay with receivers one on one or maybe the Colts DB coaches can coach him up to be an NFL CB. What do you guys think especially the Pitt fans?

I don't know anything about him but I do want to say that 15 reps for a 180 lb guy is excellent. And yes, with those measurables yet lack of production and only starting one game that would indicate a look like Tarzan play like Jane player. Although like I said I don't know his situation, perhaps he never played football until he walked on his sophomore year or something.

Is Buddy Jackson a workout warrior? He is 6-1 180. He ran a 4.37 forty with 40V, 11'8" BJ, 15 Reps, 4.10S, 7.11C. He is reported to have run a 40 as fast as 4.29. The 15 reps does not indicate someone who stays in the weight room. It may be he is just a naturally good athlete. The problem with him is he only started one game at CB in 4 years at Pitt. We call players like him "coach killers" because a coach who starts him and loses games will lose his job. Maybe he does not have the field vission to stay with receivers one on one or maybe the Colts DB coaches can coach him up to be an NFL CB. What do you guys think especially the Pitt fans?

He had a great pro day, why not see if it's 'field applicable'? Heck, a guy jumped out of a pool and got drafted for it. (But I think he's cleaning pools now, so that probably isn't a good example.)

6'1 180 is pretty small (muscle wise). He sure has speed and athleticism but in the NFL that means jack! How many other guys can we say have had similar numbers and washed out. How many have had less than steller numbers and been great. He may be coachable and that will be important to give him technique to his speed but if he doesn't get somewhat bigger by at least 10-15lbs of muscle to tackle he isn't going to make it. That guy will get man handled in the NFL. Looks to me he needs strength and teaching.....good thing is that is two things players can achieve...athleticism, height, and speed are much harder to attain.

15 reps @ 180 lbs. is more than respectable. However 180 lbs. seems a little to small for my taste, but perhaps he'll be able to put on some muscle and still keep his speed. It's not unheard of that you can improve size with focused weighttraining and keep your speed. I'm sure the trainers is very much aware of what needs to be done physically.

You all must know that his height, weight, reps, and speed mean nothing compared to his tape.

I'm a Buckeye and I hate saying this but Roy Hall was the biggest, fastest, and strongest WR on our roster during his short time here. But if you watched his college tape you saw the real Roy Hall.

You all must know that his height, weight, reps, and speed mean nothing compared to his tape.

I'm a Buckeye and I hate saying this but Roy Hall was the biggest, fastest, and strongest WR on our roster during his short time here. But if you watched his college tape you saw the real Roy Hall.

Point taken.

What?!?!?!?!?!? The only thing that matters is the measurables. Things like speed, agility, leaping ability those things cannot be taught. All the rest can be coached up. Heck one poster even commented on another thread (about a late round TE prospect before the draft) that coaches and scouts pay TOO much attention to game film. ;)

Speaking of Roy Hall, I remember when he was drafted someone on the forum was already claiming he was going to catch for over 1000 yards and be offensive rookie of the year.

It's very likely he will not make the team with more established corners above him.............MAYBE the practice squad?

But yes, looks like tarzan but plays like jane is probably a good assesment of why he has ALL the measurable but couldn't crack the lineup at Pitt...........

he sucks

I really hope Pagano coaches him up to be a great player. He has all the tools, he just needs some good coaching to expose the diamond inside. I think with Pagano, he really can be a good contributor.

that doesn't make sense, I am guessing he already had good coaching, he just stinks at football

Who are our more established Corner? I mean I know our Corners have a few years in the league on him, but what have those Corners done with it this far? If he can play better then our Corners....which wouldnt be that hard then he will get his shot but who knows how really good he is to begin with, we will just have to see