Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cameron Chism

Leaf

We didn't select a CB in the draft like most of us expected, but we certainly looked to provide some depth, at least, with the UFAs. We got Pellerin, and Fenelus, and Jackson, but I think Chism looks great. Personally really excited about him.

What do you think about him or any of the other CBs we picked up?

We didn't select a CB in the draft like I expect, but we certainly looked to provide some depth, at least, with the UFAs. We got Pellerin, and Fenelus, and Jackson, but I think Chism looks great. Personally really excited about him.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sMCuh4DhgQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top be honest, I think it sounds very Bill Polian-like..where we think we're smart enough to find gems in the undrafted pile..

To be fair...Polian did..

Well Leaf, I dont know what to think of this guy. Since I cant play this video file on my phone!! Grr

Ha it's a bit long and it's all highlights, but it's all I could find on him. I wouldn't say he's undersized. He's certainly a big hitter from the looks of it and has good ball skills. Plus he played some good competition being from Maryland. I hope he pans out!

Top be honest, I think it sounds very Bill Polian-like..where we think we're smart enough to find gems in the undrafted pile..

Every team signs UDFAs every year, and probably four out of five teams finds a player who contributes to their team that season. Rick Smith spent three or four seasons in Houston, then found Arian Foster off the UDFA scrap heap.

even though this is a highlight reel, he does look instinctive and he loves to hit I see, we may have found something in him and who knows with our new strategy our players specifically Corners may be able to show what that they are better then they looked so far :dancing: Im liking this song at the very least and highlight video

And, another thing, if you think the way we handled the draft and UDFA is Polian-esque, don't forget that Tom Telesco is still in the front office after 14 years under Polian. And he's probably playing an even bigger role now than he was before, since he was "promoted" to VP of Football Operations. I'm sure Polian rubbed off on him in many ways. I thought it was time to move on from the Polian era and his way of doing things, but I always held him in high regard as one of the best team builders in NFL history. So it's good that someone he influenced so greatly is still involved with the day-to-day, even though he doesn't have final say. I think he and Grigson make a good duo.

We didn't select a CB in the draft like most of us expected, but we certainly looked to provide some depth, at least, with the UFAs. We got Pellerin, and Fenelus, and Jackson, but I think Chism looks great. Personally really excited about him.

He actually looks good, and draftable, Wonder why he didnt get drafted though.

He looks like a tough CB. Kinda reminds me of Marlin Jackson in smaller form. With the injury history of most of our CBs, we'll need some depth at the position.

if our starters actually play like starters Ill be happy

if our starters actually play like starters Ill be happy

I'm thinkin' they'll surprise some people next year. Our CBs have regularly given up the highest percentage of completions per attempt in the league. This has been the case for the last 4 years or so. Even the guys we've liked; Hayden, Powers, Tryon, they all were in the bottom 20 of ALL NFL CBs during years they played for us. Let me put that in perspective. If every team has 4 CBs that played enough snaps to be eligible for such a stat, there would be a pool of 128 CBs. Of our 4 CBs, none of them could rank higher than 108. I simply refuse to believe that all of our guys are really that bad. Hayden seemed to be alright down in Atlanta, Jennings was a starter in Chicago, Tryon was playing well in New York til he got hurt. We'll be alright with Powers, Rucker, Thomas, and a couple other depth guys.

I'm thinkin' they'll surprise some people next year. Our CBs have regularly given up the highest percentage of completions per attempt in the league. This has been the case for the last 4 years or so. Even the guys we've liked; Hayden, Powers, Tryon, they all were in the bottom 20 of ALL NFL CBs during years they played for us. Let me put that in perspective. If every team has 4 CBs that played enough snaps to be eligible for such a stat, there would be a pool of 128 CBs. Of our 4 CBs, none of them could rank higher than 108. I simply refuse to believe that all of our guys are really that bad. Hayden seemed to be alright down in Atlanta, Jennings was a starter in Chicago, Tryon was playing well in New York til he got hurt. We'll be alright with Powers, Rucker, Thomas, and a couple other depth guys.

we shall see, but I still want my shutdown Corner, I wonder if Xavier Rhodes will be available to us next year. not sure hes a shutdown Corner as I havent really looked at next years class cause thats long ways away, but there is a load of good Linebaclers next year for sure

we shall see, but I still want my shutdown Corner, I wonder if Xavier Rhodes will be available to us next year. not sure hes a shutdown Corner as I havent really looked at next years class cause thats long ways away, but there is a load of good Linebaclers next year for sure

Write this name down. C.J. Mosley

Every team signs UDFAs every year, and probably four out of five teams finds a player who contributes to their team that season. Rick Smith spent three or four seasons in Houston, then found Arian Foster off the UDFA scrap heap.

Just like Gary Brackett here.....among others. Wasn't there a fellow by the name of Kurt Warner playing Arena football at one point? Wasn't Jeff Saturday selling insurance? Good point Superman!

Guy looks like Burned toast to me. Nothing more than a Special Teamer. Watch number 22 @ 6:40. And I"m not just picking 1 play, he did have fumble recovery.

But looke like he is scared to jam and easy to pass.

And @ 10:25 that's his second Pass Interference near the endzone....Boooooo on this sign

Agree but depth we do not need we cannot carry anymore DBs on roster without cuts.So bring on the competition Pags and Grigs I trust will make the right Decisions.Should be clear by now noone is safe so I hope we have a great TC and pick the right 53 needed and make the best PS we can.

Those are OLB's

CJ is a ILB

6'4 250 runs 4.50 can cover very good can play mike and will backer. He wont be listed as a starter but Bama plays nickel 75% of the time and he is nickel mike and base will.

yeah I cant wait, I am salivating at the chance to get one lol

yeah I cant wait, I am salivating at the chance to get one lol

Even me being a Bama fan I would not hesitate to get Jarvis Jones. At jack lb he is as good as Upshaw. You can never have enough LB's with a 3-4, esp one that can play 2-3 of the lb spots. We have a long way to go until then though. and most of these guys are jrs and may not even come out.

What may be the no.1 corner next year is on espn u right now in NC St's spring game.

Guy looks like Burned toast to me. Nothing more than a Special Teamer. Watch number 22 @ 6:40. And I"m not just picking 1 play, he did have fumble recovery.

But looke like he is scared to jam and easy to pass.

I understand you like to be contrary and that's fine. But if you really "watch the film" as you always claim to do, then I don't see how you can make the comments above. Look at 6:40 he is stride for stride with the receiver, it was a great throw right over the top of him and right in front of the safety. Sometimes the other players make plays as well.

You talk about "scared" to jam but it looked like on most plays the DC had the CBs playing back and oft times when he came up to the LOS the receiver and slot switch so the slot was on the LOS and the wide out was off the LOS. They only do that because the CB is effective and jamming so they get the WR off the LOS so he cannot be jammed.

He probably won't be anything other than a special teamer or PS player this year.... he was undrafted for a reason so that's not really going out on a limb. But there were some definite things to like and it will be interesting to see what Pags' system can do:

1.) It looks like the Terps run a defense similar to what Pags did in Baltimore and what I think he will do in Indy.

2.) In both the highlight video and the WVU video he seems to have smooth hips, can turn and run at the correct time and reacts well when the ball is in the air.

3) Not super fast and doesn't have elite acceleration but makes up for it with good anticipation and reaction.

I understand you like to be contrary and that's fine. But if you really "watch the film" as you always claim to do, then I don't see how you can make the comments above. Look at 6:40 he is stride for stride with the receiver, it was a great throw right over the top of him and right in front of the safety. Sometimes the other players make plays as well.

You talk about "scared" to jam but it looked like on most plays the DC had the CBs playing back and oft times when he came up to the LOS the receiver and slot switch so the slot was on the LOS and the wide out was off the LOS. They only do that because the CB is effective and jamming so they get the WR off the LOS so he cannot be jammed.

He probably won't be anything other than a special teamer or PS player this year.... he was undrafted for a reason so that's not really going out on a limb. But there were some definite things to like and it will be interesting to see what Pags' system can do:

1.) It looks like the Terps run a defense similar to what Pags did in Baltimore and what I think he will do in Indy.

2.) In both the highlight video and the WVU video he seems to have smooth hips, can turn and run at the correct time and reacts well when the ball is in the air.

3) Not super fast and doesn't have elite acceleration but makes up for it with good anticipation and reaction.

I don't like to be the contrary dude. I even said I'd only consider Fleener if he ran faster than a 4.55 and he did and I was all in for him as a pick.

I also said I don't value 40 times high on players except the TE position...which is why I didn't like the Allen Pick.

I fought several people in Several Thread about Casey Heyward, some even saying he was a 5th rounder, and right before the draft Mayok had him as his 4th best corner, and guess what, we would have picked him to.

I find that by watching the tape, many of the criticism I have without prior input for "Pro" scouts are shared by the community. I only wish I had a TIVO so I can make my own tapes of players. Look at the UDFA thread, some web scout said almost the exact some thing as me about Chism in this game.

Trust me, I'm not a perfect scout, but I've been following kids comming out of High School, as has many others for the last 7 years. I even suggested we take Bryce Brown in the 7th...crazy right.....We'll he got picked in the 6th.

So I see very few positives in this ONE GAME i've watched of him, but i've noticed what I usually see in 1 game, i'll see in the rest. And in this particular game, dude is burned toast.

I don't like to be the contrary dude. I even said I'd only consider Fleener if he ran faster than a 4.55 and he did and I was all in for him as a pick.

I also said I don't value 40 times high on players except the TE position...which is why I didn't like the Allen Pick.

I don't know what any of this has to do with being contrary but good for you.
I fought several people in Several Thread about Casey Heyward, some even saying he was a 5th rounder, and right before the draft Mayok had him as his 4th best corner, and guess what, we would have picked him to.
Again, so what? The Colts thought about picking him in the third round.
I find that by watching the tape, many of the criticism I have without prior input for "Pro" scouts are shared by the community. I only wish I had a TIVO so I can make my own tapes of players. Look at the UDFA thread, some web scout said almost the exact some thing as me about Chism in this game.
I don't doubt you watch the TV replay of games. It's the evaluation that is lacking sometimes.
Trust me, I'm not a perfect scout, but I've been following kids comming out of High School, as has many others for the last 7 years. I even suggested we take Bryce Brown in the 7th...crazy right.....We'll he got picked in the 6th.
I trust that you are not a perfect scout.... or a scout at all. To be honest, I think you could be a pretty good one if you choose that path though.
So I see very few positives in this ONE GAME i've watched of him, but i've noticed what I usually see in 1 game, i'll see in the rest. And in this particular game, dude is burned toast.

Really? Can you give one example? Because you 6:40 example he played that the way he is supposed to when he has help over the top.