Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 04/29 Draft Recap

sb41champs

Solid A

Why not an A+?

I suppose because thy missed on a pick (Hayward) and failed to address their desire for a CB at any point later. Seemed kinda odd that they wanted a CB but never pursued it after losing their target. This tells me they were ardently sticking to the BPA philosophy, so I cannot fault them much for that.

Either way, a great start to the new era.

Incomplete.

Agree. Any grade at this point is purely a guess. We may have addressed a needed position, but we don't know if the player can really fill that position until we see him for a year (or two - remember Ugoh wasn't bad his first year).

As far as the CB's, why would anyone think a guy that we get in the third round would automatically be an upgrade over Thomas, Rucker, or anyone else we have on our team with some experience?

A-

They had what appears to have been a sound plan. They worked their plan. Nobody's perfect. Can't find any fault. When you factor in the individual face to face interviews the team had with many of the prospects(which we as fans aren't privy to) that would represent very significant information to make the pick determination.

The results of the plan. Incomplete. Time will tell.

I catch myself wondering, "How would the plan have differed with Manning in hand and trading the first pick?"

Did Pagano have any say in this draft whatsoever? Only TWO defensive players and no CB?

Like the draft though. B+

I'm sure Pagano's input is appreciated and asked for, but ultimately it is incumbent upon the FO brass to take said input and compare it to the focused goals of the draft. It appears that when Hayward was lost, they didn't see another CB that came close to ranking as the BPA for the respective picks.

I believe Pagano's input will be taken with more gravity next off-season.