Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Dolphins post game thread

GoColts8818

This is what good teams do. They win when they have a ton of injuries, and they win in spite of their QB. I think this is actually a step forward for this team. The fact we aren't all on here talking about our young secondary against their weapons is a huge win for this team. 

It's a good day to be a Colts a fan! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

It makes him a bust as well. They will both be backups (maybe) in the near future

It might too soon to say Richardson is a bust, but it's not too soon to say he should not have gone #4 in the draft.  He should not have gone anywhere near the top 5.  He needs a lot of work on a lot of things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

It might too soon to say Richardson is a bust, but it's not too soon to say he should not have gone #4 in the draft.  He should not have gone anywhere near the top 5.  He needs a lot of work on a lot of things.

Nonsense.   He had a terrible first half.    He played well in the second half.   For him to be successful, at least for now,   his legs are gonna be needed.   The kids is a freak athlete.   He got hit clean on a corner blitz and got out of it.   He has a lot of work to do.   But his potential is very evident 

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Nonsense.   He had a terrible first half.    He played well in the second half.   For him to be successful, at least for now,   his legs are gonna be needed.   The kids is a freak athlete.   He got hit clean on a corner blitz and got out of it.   He has a lot of work to do.   But his potential is very evident 

For the play Flacco crowd that’s 100% at least sack if not a sack and fumble.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

He should not have gone in the 1st based on his tape. He went as high as he did not on what he did but would he could become.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Okay.  

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I thought AR moved the ball better in the 2nd half. Most throws were accurate, but I'm still not entirely sure if we have a QB.

I am not either but the only way to find out is to play him.  The sideline reporter during the game said she asked Flacco is AR was wearing him out with questions and what Flacco responded with was the argument for why AR has to play:  “He doesn’t even know the questions to ask yet.  He needs to play and get reps to figure it out.  Mental reps only help so much he has to play.  I see him growing every series.”

• Like 2

3 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

That coaching move from Steichen to get Miami to burn the timeout was BRILLIANT.  That's the kind of stuff we were missing from last year.  Matt Gay was money today.  AR looked bad the first half, except the drive to get us on the board with the first FG.  He looked better the second half.  He's still a work in progress though.  Two fumble  recoveries by defense was excellent.  D played pretty good.

He did that like every game the first four games last year.  It worked the first time and then teams figured it out and to just be slow with their subs forcing the Colts to take a time out or a delay of game.  It’s fine if he uses it in well timed situations like today where it got Miami confused and made them really burn a timeout.  

3 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

A huge moment for me was on that QB keeper on third and 4 in the red zone late and AR got tackled hard on his shoulder and …. actually got up and went back to the huddle. He didn’t get hurt. Our cup runneth over! 

If you watch the play he actually rolls as he’s going down so he lands more on his back than his shoulder.  He’s learning, those little things matter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm but I bet u were one of those just begging for the Colts to lose down the stretch  in the year of the Luck draft.

I didn't have to beg.   That team was terrible.   But I rooted for a win every week.   Why would I watch otherwise?

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Props to Jaylon Jones didn't make any mistakes and made a smart play pulling the Dolphins WR inbounds killing the clock.

He made a few nice plays today, that one and when he broke up the pass to Waddle stand out but I remember he had another one during the game too but I am not recalling what it was right now.

13 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He should not have gone in the 1st based on his tape. He went as high as he did not on what he did but would he could become.

People don't generally take project QBs top 5.  

Nearly a year and a half in, he's still a project, a big project.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not either but the only way to find out is to play him.  The sideline reporter during the game said she asked Flacco is AR was wearing him out with questions and what Flacco responded with was the argument for why AR has to play:  “He doesn’t even know the questions to ask yet.  He needs to play and get reps to figure it out.  Mental reps only help so much he has to play.  I see him growing every series.”

People forget how truly raw this guy is and he is doing very well for how much football he has actually played. He has all the tools similar to Josh Allan but played way fewer games in college. It is going to take time. I truly believe he is that guy. I am actually more impressed by his mental makeup st this point in his career than his physical tools. HE JUST HAS TO STAY HEALTHY, lol. I loved his slide but not such much taking on that db when he should have went out of bounds. It's all a learning process.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Today was probably his worst game as a Colt.  Not ripping him, everyone has off days.  Honestly the secondary did a really nice job today keeping the WRs covered.  

Why would you say it was a bad day?   Waddle and Hill were not a factor at all.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

People don't generally take project QBs top 5.  

Nearly a year and a half in, he's still a project, a big project.

Tons of "prospects " have been taken in the top 5 .  What are you talking about?  Are you really young?   I'll give you one.  Google Akili smith.   I'll give you many more if you like

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

But just imagine if he works out. We are talking bout a guy who could become like non other if he works out.

Maybe, but hoping for something only carries you so far.  At some point, everyone will have to be honest about what they are actually seeing on the field.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

TE positio. and their  lack of success is what is most alarming to me. Lots of athleticism out there but for some reason no one has established themselves. Quiet odd to say the least. A TE is usually a young qbs best friend.

Not saying you but quoting you bc it’s about TEs. I think fans in general underestimate how hard the TE position really is. To get someone that can take on a DE, out run a LB or Safety, take hard hits over the middle while also being a reliable pass catcher is a rare blend of skills to find. Usually they can block or they can catch…hard to get one that does both. I like the Colts are exploring that position but I don’t think our future TE is on the roster yet.