Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierce and Patience

csmopar

That jumping one handed tip to himself was absolutely spectacular! 

https://www.colts.com/video/alec-pierce-s-best-plays-from-134-yard-game-vs-jaguars-week-5

Also, his TD catch was brilliant!  He made a slight move after the catch, then just kicked on the afterburners.  He has really reached his potential this year and it's awesome to watch.  He was also robbed of his first TD.   There was absolutely ZERO evidence that would overturn the call of a TD.  What a nonsense call.

• Like 4

Just now, Smonroe said:

All that and he’s a willing blocker too.  

They should try that bomb once a quarter.  

I was thinking the same thing.    Minimum once a quarter.  No reason not too.  We don't have Minshew anymore,  so there's no excuse not to.   It will open up the run too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I was thinking the same thing.    Minimum once a quarter.  No reason not too.  We don't have Minshew anymore,  so there's no excuse not to.   It will open up the run too.

Max protect, and AR or Joe can make the throw.  

It opens everything up underneath.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

this kid is proving me wrong and proving that one has to have patience and let players grow into their roles

Players are never allowed to grow into their roles here because soon as they’re drafted they’re expected to play right away because our GM doesn’t believe in FA.

I am man enough to admit I was wrong about him.  He’s having a break out year.  I will say I haven’t been overly impressed with AD yet and Pierce seems willing to do the things AD isn’t.  Not giving up on AD at all I mean that more as a compliment to Pierce.  It does seem like they are trying to force AD into the offense a little too much rather than leaning on the other three WRs who have been playing well.

• Like 1

Joe was spreading the rock around all day and didn't even look Pierce's way until mid way through the fourth. I was quite annoyed. I'm glad he finally got him the ball!

Joe Flac meet Alec Pierce🤝🏻

• Like 1

He was doing the same things last year, but the qb didn’t have the arm to get him the ball. Only a couple of us were saying this last year, most wanted the colts to draft a wr in the 1st round to take his place. 

when  most of the forum gm’s want to do something, the best thing is usually go the opposite. Flacco can’t move or throw a long ball any more, add that to the long list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw him open last year as well like some other's mentioned. Made anxious for AR to get on the field to get him the ball. 

Same could be said for Cross, always shown flashes, but was waiting for consistency. 

Jones is another, that's why I trusted Ballard on the secondary. He was hesitant on Blackmon it seemed. 

Glad he's a Colt but Pitt is looking for like part of a peice and not the piece like Franklin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matabix said:

I saw him open last year as well like some other's mentioned. Made anxious for AR to get on the field to get him the ball. 

Same could be said for Cross, always shown flashes, but was waiting for consistency. 

Jones is another, that's why I trusted Ballard on the secondary. He was hesitant on Blackmon it seemed. 

Glad he's a Colt but Pitt is looking for like part of a peice and not the piece like Franklin. 

Watching on Tv, you don't always get to see that someone is beating coverage, but it was pointed out by some on here that attend games, that Alec was repeatedly open deep. Minshew  finally hit em a few times. Glad we have Qbs this year that can take advantage of his speed.

Pitt still makes tough catches, Downs being open most of the time might be why he's not getting the targets he used to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bsteves said:

Joe was spreading the rock around all day and didn't even look Pierce's way until mid way through the fourth. I was quite annoyed. I'm glad he finally got him the ball!

Joe Flac meet Alec Pierce🤝🏻

Pierce led the league in go routes last season and could have been making these plays.

It was pathetic how many here had no clue what they were seeing.

Alec can be our #1 100 catch a year guy. 1300 yd 10+ tds.

I see Steichen trying to keep AD interested calling his # but it's clearly a lower probability of success therefore a detriment to our success.