Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On to Tennessee

Smonroe

8 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

The god awful Levis will look like the 2nd coming of Montana against this dead last ranked defense!!!!!

Do u think Shane is actually keeping Gus around because it makes Ballard look really bad? A power play? That's the only reason I can think of as to why Shane retains Gus. It's actually poor coaching for Shane not to fire Gus based on his history.

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Do u think Shane is actually keeping Gus around because it makes Ballard look really bad? A power play? That's the only reason I can think of as to why Shane retains Gus. It's actually poor coaching for Shane not to fire Gus based on his history.

You do understand that shane works for Ballard right?  Ballard likes gus. As does irsay. Shane has zero to do with gus being here.   

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Ballard talked Shane into accepting Gus again based on the defense breaking the Colt sack record last season and by Gus being handicapped with all the injuries to the young secondary. Plus it also helped that Shane already had a prior working relationship with Gus from their Charger days.

As a first time hc going into yr 2 I doubt that Shane had much pushback anyway because unfortunately Ballard is calling the shots and has Irsay's blessing.

3 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

I think Ballard talked Shane into accepting Gus again based on the defense breaking the Colt sack record last season and by Gus being handicapped with all the injuries to the young secondary. Plus it also helped that Shane already had a prior working relationship with Gus from their Charger days.

As a first time hc going into yr 2 I doubt that Shane had much pushback anyway because unfortunately Ballard is calling the shots and has Irsay's blessing.

I agree and keeping Gus maybe a little revenge on Shane's part. U told me to keep him and now I am going to show Irsay that u suck as a GM, lol. 

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You do understand that shane works for Ballard right?  Ballard likes gus. As does irsay. Shane has zero to do with gus being here.   

I hope u r right because then it only reinforces my long held belief that Ballard is a horrible GM. Oh, and I have Ballard's own record to support my argument. 

26 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

I was always surprised by the Wink Martindale interview. I never felt he was a serious candidate for the HC position.  If u r correct in that  Ballard wanted Gus retained. I wonder if Wink was a Steichen request. Wink does not run anything like what the Colts currently do on D. Just found it was an out of left field play. Maybe Steichen knew this day would come? Maybe that was the 1st time Steichen was trumped by Ballard in retaining Gus? Steichen could be keeping Gus in their  to show Ballard's continued poor decisions. Just a little conspiracy thinking on my end, lol.

21 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I hope u r right because then it only reinforces my long held belief that Ballard is a horrible GM. Oh, and I have Ballard's own record to support my argument. 

I’m starting to tilt that way.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the raw deal he had at QB.  

There are no great GMs who don’t have a franchise QB.   But when he got one last year and still refused to bring in experienced talent this year, I was totally frustrated.  He knew JuJu’s injury history.  He knew the position was weak even with him. 

I will say Cross is playing well but we’re ultra thin there too. 

Not to defend Gus, but how can he play an aggressive D with those ingredients?

Just now, Smonroe said:

I’m starting to tilt that way.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the raw deal he had at QB.  

There are no great GMs who don’t have a franchise QB.   But when he got one last year and still refused to bring in experienced talent this year, I was totally frustrated.  He knew JuJu’s injury history.  He knew the position was weak even with him. 

The talent on this D is quite bad.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Bring in a 3-4 D . Move Latu and Paye to LB. Cross looks like a keeper but the rest need to be shown the door. The corners sucks as does Blackmon. Lbs are light and cannot cover. 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Bring in a 3-4 D . Move Latu and Paye to LB. Cross looks like a keeper but the rest need to be shown the door. The corners sucks as does Blackmon. Lbs are light and cannot cover. 

If they would have brought in one cover corner and/or a good FS, they could play an aggressive D.  Not that Gus would have even then.  

That’s what’s so frustrating.  Everyone could see it.  I don’t think there was one media person or fan who could understand it.  He had the cap, there were plenty of guys.  They weren’t going to break the bank. 

I just wonder when Irsay will say ENOUGH mediocrity.