Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

I didn't think anyone on this forum believed Ballard fired Riech. That was 100% the brain storm of Jim Irsay himself. And the proof is Jeff Saturday was hired. Ballard has done an excellent job, but even I can't explain the retention of Bradley. Bradley has 11 years of being a defensive coordinator or head coach in this league and has 3 "good" seasons of results(last 2 years in Seattle,but his first 2 where very bad and his first year in San Diego and his defense got progressively worse every year in SD).

10 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I haven't been watching NFL much, I just keep an eye on Colts and AR5 and still some betting. 

I've been saying for way too long about what I think of the NFL and the part the colts play in it. 

Its a Big Turn Off.............But being a colt fan since a kid and watching for so long its really hard to completely tune out. I've done a good job this season of not watching except colts on Red Zone and keep track of some betting. 

In a way I envy the fans that are still naive and being Fan Boys of the NFL because it still brings enjoyment to them AND entertainment  that's enjoyable is good. And the same can be said of fans of Wrestling. Lol.

I'll still be an active fan. I'm just not investing 3+ hrs. on game day to get frustrated. I'll read the forum, watch clips on YouTube, etc. Always pulling for The Shoe.

12 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well I think its the same as last season. Some fans view as Minnshew/Flacco giving the colts a better chance of winning now than AR does. And developing a QB isn't as important as trying to win now. 

I'm on the side of playing and seeing AR on the field, good or bad. 

We just did "better chance of winning now" every year since 2019. 

We need an actual franchise QB. That's not Joe Flacco. We don't know whether it's Anthony Richardson or not, but it's a waste of a season to bench the young QB who needs to play in favor of another grey beard in the name of trying to win a couple extra games. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Superman said:

The question is not whether Ballard is responsible for the state of the team. He is, and no one would argue otherwise.

The question is whether Ballard has mandated that Gus Bradley remain as the defensive coordinator of the Colts. You seem to think that you know for a certainty that this is Ballard's decision, and Steichen has no say in the matter. That seems unfounded, at best.

I’m willing to at least entertain the idea. Ballard not doing right by our team because he’s too busy being stuck in his own ways? 

Easy sell. Easy, easy sell. 

They hired Bradley to retrofit to the players Ballard brought in under Eberflus. To let Bradley go and bring in someone else would be to admit the whole defensive building process under Ballard has been a whiff. Even though people like to post stats showing how our defense was under Eberflus Vs Bradley now, we both know the defense under Eberflus also had its own struggles and strife. It was also not the answer. 

Ballard doesn’t want to admit mistakes until a post-season press conference. They get buried there more than they do in October. 

None of this to say he is, just that we’ve seen this sort of thing play out plenty of times already, and it should not be any kind of a shock to anyone if it in fact is. 

PFF Grades Colts vs. Jaguars:

QB:

Flacco - 90.0

WR / TE:

Cox - 87.7, Pierce - 79.2, Downs - 74.5, Mitchell - 64.5, Ogletree - 56.8, Pittman - 56.0, Mallory - 55.8, Dulin - 51.1. Granson - 49.9

OL:

Nelson - 86.0. Fries* - 80.5, Raimann - 79.1, Bortolini - 71.3, Tucker - 62.9, Smith - 53.4

RB:

Sermon - 68.3, Goodson - 59.0

DL:

Latu - 76.8, Odeyingbo - 60.5, Stewart - 60.5, Avery - 57,4, Gotsis - 54.7, Bryan - 53.8, Davis - 48.7, Adebawore - 38.2, Land - 32.5 

CB / S

Womack - 84.0, Jones - 80.9, Cross - 72.2, Flowers** - 46.9. Lammons - 46.4, Blackmon - 44.4.

LB:

Carlies - 85.8, Franklin - 78.2, Speed - 42.2

* - to IR , ** - Cut

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

PFF Grades Colts vs. Jaguars:

QB:

Flacco - 90.0

WR / TE:

Cox - 87.7, Pierce - 79.2, Downs - 74.5, Mitchell - 64.5, Ogletree - 56.8, Pittman - 56.0, Mallory - 55.8, Dulin - 51.1. Granson - 49.9

OL:

Nelson - 86.0. Fries* - 80.5, Raimann - 79.1, Bortolini - 71.3, Tucker - 62.9, Smith - 53.4

RB:

Sermon - 68.3, Goodson - 59.0

DL:

Latu - 76.8, Odeyingbo - 60.5, Stewart - 60.5, Avery - 57,4, Gotsis - 54.7, Bryan - 53.8, Davis - 48.7, Adebawore - 38.2, Land - 32.5 

CB / S

Womack - 84.0, Jones - 80.9, Cross - 72.2, Flowers** - 46.9. Lammons - 46.4, Blackmon - 44.4.

LB:

Carlies - 85.8, Franklin - 78.2, Speed - 42.2

* - to IR , ** - Cut

I can see why Cox is TE1.  So many wanted him gone.  I would bench Speed but it won’t happen.  Womack, Jones and Cross are going to be starting for a long time.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I can see why Cox is TE1.  So many wanted him gone.  I would bench Speed but it won’t happen.  Womack, Jones and Cross are going to be starting for a long time.

He has done his job well.  Maybe with Womack starting and being a full time starter it will settle the secondary down a little.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just like some hated Jones and wanted Cross cut too.  Remember the meltdown when he tackled Downs in camp?  I know a lot of people are crowing right now about being right about the secondary and that’s fair but a lot of those same people need to remember they were very wrong about Cross so they aren’t perfect either.  

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He has done his job well.  Maybe with Womack starting and being a full time starter it will settle the secondary down a little.

Ballard might have found a gem in Womack similar to how Kenny turned out.  We can only hope.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jones is showing growth so that is all we can ask from him. Gus does not play this zone scheme well. You can play zone and not give them so much space.  

That’s my biggest complaint with Gus.  I would trust Jones and Womack more in press coverage. If they have trouble covering that’s one thing but they don’t really so I would trust them more.

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That’s my biggest complaint with Gus.  I would trust Jones and Womack more in press coverage. If they have trouble covering that’s one thing but they don’t really so I would trust them more.

I know Ballard likes the long arms and to be tall at CB. I personally think we need more speed. Rodgers was so good because he had the closing speed and he could make up for a mistake.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Cox is doing a decent job. There have been times in the past when it looked like he could hardly move, but he's moving better now. And with the Woods injury, maybe it's a good thing that we didn't let Cox go. He's still not a good TE1.

19 minutes ago, Superman said:

Cox is doing a decent job. There have been times in the past when it looked like he could hardly move, but he's moving better now. And with the Woods injury, maybe it's a good thing that we didn't let Cox go. He's still not a good TE1.

I feel like a TE1 is essential for modern offenses to sustain success and help a young QB. Probably why we tried so hard to trade up and get Bowers. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I haven't been paying much attention to Jaylon Carlies, but the few times I notice him he is doing fine. And PFF have him grading out well. I wonder will they look at him taking on more snaps. 

Speed had a great game versus the Steelers, but just an awful tackle attempt for the Bigsby TD. He seems to be very inconsistent on a play to play basis, which is frustrating.