Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears Defense putting up bb material

Patrick Miller

4 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

not really he was drafted very young and much less experienced than pretty much everyone else.  I think 3-4 years is too long to wait and we are down one already.  

I mean, may it take longer for AR to reach his full potential because of his age, rawness, and lack of experience….maybe yes maybe be no, but that’s for any qb.  There’s maybe one qb every few or so years that comes in and is ready to go.  Look at the past 5-10 drafts and you’ll see what I’m saying.  Even Pat Mahomes had to sit before he touched the field.  Trust me, it’s a short list.  

NFL fans (and teams alike) have been spoiled with the thought of QBs coming in right away and getting into done when in reality that’s not the case.  ARs timeline/trajectory is going to be very similar to Josh Allen’s and tbh Allen didn’t start to really get it until Diggs came around.  A QBs development is dependent upon not just the qb himself, but the personnel, the coaches, the system.  

Question, what would you have done in our situation?  Draft Levis?  I mean, I agree with you, I was one of the people on this board that wanted to do whatever we needed to get stroud, but it didn’t happen.  So We were either going to draft AR or Levis.  And if you didn’t want either one of them then you’re pretty much onboard with a full blown rebuild and waiting until next year because no other qb was worth drafting in the first round.  And to be real, AR would’ve been a top 3 QB in this past draft also.    

On 9/20/2024 at 10:08 AM, shasta519 said:

I hope AR bombs one over this S's head. I don't even care if it's covered and falls incomplete, just bomb it down there to let them know you can.

In the 1982 March Madness Championship Game (Michael Jordon’s Freshman Year), Georgetown’s Patrick Ewing Goal-Tended UNC’s first several shots- just to let them know he could…

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

I mean, may it take longer for AR to reach his full potential because of his age, rawness, and lack of experience….maybe yes maybe be no, but that’s for any qb.  There’s maybe one qb every few or so years that comes in and is ready to go.  Look at the past 5-10 drafts and you’ll see what I’m saying.  Even Pat Mahomes had to sit before he touched the field.  Trust me, it’s a short list.  

NFL fans (and teams alike) have been spoiled with the thought of QBs coming in right away and getting into done when in reality that’s not the case.  ARs timeline/trajectory is going to be very similar to Josh Allen’s and tbh Allen didn’t start to really get it until Diggs came around.  A QBs development is dependent upon not just the qb himself, but the personnel, the coaches, the system.  

Question, what would you have done in our situation?  Draft Levis?  I mean, I agree with you, I was one of the people on this board that wanted to do whatever we needed to get stroud, but it didn’t happen.  So We were either going to draft AR or Levis.  And if you didn’t want either one of them then you’re pretty much onboard with a full blown rebuild and waiting until next year because no other qb was worth drafting in the first round.  And to be real, AR would’ve been a top 3 QB in this past draft also.    

The problem is that we are not just waiting on AR to mature. We have very bad football being played in a lot of positions. Also, it was the GM that set expectations for the fans when he said we should compete for the division and playoffs. The team we have seen the last two weeks is only competing for a top 5 pick. This is wayyyyyyyyyyy more than just AR being young and needing to grow. Right now we have a QB that is setup to fail with a bad defense , other than AP, wr's that are underperforming, no TE's and coaches making very questionable decisions and there is way too much pressure on our young QB to carry an underperforming team around him and that is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

A lot of us do but..... 

The colts had like 20 candidates for the head coaching vacancy and Harbaugh wasn't one of them.. :thinking: 

Let's be honest here.

Harbaugh never takes Taylor out of the game at 3rd and 2.

Harbaugh is an experienced veteran coach that understands how to read the way the game is flowing. 

Steichen has yet to learn that

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Question, what would you have done in our situation?

In hindsight the best move would have been to trade up to #1 and take Stroud imo.  Hes been great and bonus points for keeping him out off the texans.

The risk with Anthony is we could spend years waiting on a big project that never pans out.  He is not just another draft pick, its a big project and he might get more time for being so young.  That could be wasted time too.  Thats the big risk with him

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DavePSL said:

The problem is that we are not just waiting on AR to mature. We have very bad football being played in a lot of positions. Also, it was the GM that set expectations for the fans when he said we should compete for the division and playoffs. The team we have seen the last two weeks is only competing for a top 5 pick. This is wayyyyyyyyyyy more than just AR being young and needing to grow. Right now we have a QB that is setup to fail with a bad defense , other than AP, wr's that are underperforming, no TE's and coaches making very questionable decisions and there is way too much pressure on our young QB to carry an underperforming team around him and that is a recipe for disaster.

The Colts are the youngest team in the league led by the youngest quarterback in the league.  They just missed the playoffs last year with Minschew.  The team is very talented.  They will only go as far as AR can take them as he hopefully gets better.  If he doesn’t get better we are in trouble.  If he does get better we are in a great place.  We need to see more than two games against playoff teams from last season.  No reason to rush to judgment this early in the season.

16 hours ago, DavePSL said:

I agree.  Right now the team isn’t doing AR any favors.  I see too much hero ball and putting him in situations when we should be using our superstar rb

4 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

In hindsight the best move would have been to trade up to #1 and take Stroud imo.  Hes been great and bonus points for keeping him out off the texans.

The risk with Anthony is we could spend years waiting on a big project that never pans out.  He is not just another draft pick, its a big project and he might get more time for being so young.  That could be wasted time too.  Thats the big risk with him

Agree on stroud, but as I touched on in my post, it was either AR or Levis.  Sucks, but that’s the nature of the business and why QBs get paid so much.  

Not like the Bears were wrong. Bears defense got turnovers 🤣 Today was more of the defense and playing against a rookie QB today. Even with making the offense easier the QB is still throwing the ball to the opposing defense. This is year 2 as the coach said he was ready to start day 1 last year. I’m not listening to excuses. He can’t throw unless it’s into a huge window down field.

30 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Not like the Bears were wrong. Bears defense got turnovers 🤣 Today was more of the defense and playing against a rookie QB today. Even with making the offense easier the QB is still throwing the ball to the opposing defense. This is year 2 as the coach said he was ready to start day 1 last year. I’m not listening to excuses. He can’t throw unless it’s into a huge window down field.

They weren't wrong about their D stuffing our "college offense"?  

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

They stuffed the college QB plays. Today who was he throwing to? We won today thanks to JT. Wasn’t like we blew them out and they have a rookie trying to figure it out. We have a guy in year two that we were told was “ready to play” last season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, a06cc said:

They stuffed the college QB plays. Today who was he throwing to? We won today thanks to JT. Wasn’t like we blew them out and they have a rookie trying to figure it out. We have a guy in year two that we were told was “ready to play” last season. 

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

RPO is a college offense....how hard is that to comprehend?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

RPO is a college offense....how hard is that to comprehend?

Then why did the Bears struggle stopping it?  How hard is that to comprehend?   Their defense has been very good until today

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Then why did the Bears struggle stopping it?  How hard is that to comprehend?   Their defense has been very good until today

They didn’t  struggle at all really. It was a 5 point game. We have a great back in Taylor that helped the cause today. 

Just now, TheNewGuy said:

You can suck the company's phallus all you want....but this kid is NOT an NFL QB.

I won’t go that far as to say it just yet. If he struggles a change will be made. Honestly it was a waste to not have him sit last season and work on throwing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

I won’t go that far as to say it just yet. If he struggles a change will be made. Honestly it was a waste to not have him sit last season and work on throwing.

I will, and don't care about repercussions...he is an athlete, not a QB.

Just now, TheNewGuy said:

I will, and don't care about repercussions...he is an athlete, not a QB.

I’m with you because as it stand he can’t throw accurately. I can’t give up as it is year 2. He tried to Mahomes a sideways pass knowing damn well he has no touch and it was picked off 😭😭😭

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, a06cc said:

They didn’t  struggle at all really. It was a 5 point game. We have a great back in Taylor that helped the cause today. 

Taylor is the R in RPO.    They struggled with stopping him. 

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Josh Allen was sub 60 for how many years?

Sub 60’s over throwing 50% and below… I’ll let you think about this and it will all answer itself 😭😭😭😭