Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cliches (excuses) are getting old! Please add you own

tncoltsfan57

I'm tired of the cliches I've heard the past 12 years or so, here are a few of my pet peeves, please add your own and let's see how many we can quote.

That's on me.

We gotta get that cleaned up.

We gotta do a better job.

We have the right guys in the locker room.

We gotta get that fixed.

We're better than that.

We got a lot to correct.

It's early, there's a lot of football left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

I'm tired of the cliches I've heard the past 12 years or so, here are a few of my pet peeves, please add your own and let's see how many we can quote.

That's on me.

We gotta get that fixed.

We're better than that.

We got a lot to correct.

Every coach on the losing end has the same responses. They must be in the coaching handbook. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

That's on me.

We gotta get that fixed.

We're better than that.

We got a lot to correct.

I like who we got.

We have to execute better.

We're gonna evaluate that.

We feel good about......

18 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

What about wood chopping? oh thats different coach

There's a big difference between learning to play the game and learning to win games. The Colts never seem to get past learning (or trying) to play the game (chopping wood and every other cliche you can think of). It's been that way for years now with several different coaches and general managers. You can lose a team through continually losing games.  We've seen that happen over and over again.