Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Season -- Week #1 All Around the NFL game discussion

NFLfan

Baltimore is just playing bad football

12 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Not looking too good for Baltimore….chiefs defense is really putting the clamps on them.

I think it’s more Baltimore sabotaging themselves more than chiefs dominating. 

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Wow that was a great opener don’t know why the thread died it was a crazy ending.

It was a crazy ending, but I think it showed a lot of bad football. The Ravens looked like they were still thinking it was preseason with all the fundamental mistakes.

Lamar is NOT a great accurate passer, and odds are greater that Burrow, Allen or Stroud beat Mahomes and the Chiefs than Lamar and the Ravens. He wasn’t able to connect consistently beyond 10 yards against a very good secondary, the kinds he would see in the playoffs more often.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Lamar is NOT a great accurate passer, and odds are greater that Burrow, Allen or Stroud beat Mahomes and the Chiefs than Lamar and the Ravens. He wasn’t able to connect consistently beyond 10 yards against a very good secondary, the kinds he would see in the playoffs more often.

Can't get down to the Chiefs in Arrowhead like that. They totally abandoned the run game, and after that first drive it didn't seem like their offense would be able to be stopped. Chiefs defense hasn't missed much of a beat from last year. Made adjustments and took care of business, even if by a size 14 shoe versus a size 12 made the difference. 

Worthy single-handedly adds an element of explosiveness that they didn't have last year. He's in the perfect situation for the next 5 years... 

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

As of right now, I can't see anyone stopping this Chiefs team. They have a top 5 defense still even with the losses in the secondary. They have a HOF QB, TE and coach, an actual running game in Pacheco, and to top it all off they've got actual fast receivers again. Worthy and Rice both looked like Tyreek Hills out there last night... 

I don't know man... Not even the Bengals match up well against that... We might be seeing the Dolphin's undefeated season finally matched.  

28 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

As of right now, I can't see anyone stopping this Chiefs team. They have a top 5 defense still even with the losses in the secondary. They have a HOF QB, TE and coach, an actual running game in Pacheco, and to top it all off they've got actual fast receivers again. Worthy and Rice both looked like Tyreek Hills out there last night... 

I don't know man... Not even the Bengals match up well against that... We might be seeing the Dolphin's undefeated season finally matched.  

Nah, I see their D middle being exposed. They lost Willie Gay Jr. and their high IQ Nick Bolton looked SLOW. Teams are looking at that and their RBs and TEs are salivating. This was similar to the weaknesses they had while playing Brady and he took them apart with Edelman, Gronk and Rex Burkhead versus their slower LBs

If Lamar could sustain drives with accuracy, Mahomes would be sitting on the bench more. Watch Zac Taylor/Burrow and even Jim Harbaugh take advantage of that with sucking LBs into play action. Henry doesn’t catch many passes, so once his team trails, it’s a disadvantage for them, that’s what Titans realized and let him go.

Spags will be playing 3 safeties more or hope for his blitzes to get home. It depends if Burrow and the Bengals can finally start a season fast. They are capable of keeping Mahomes on the sidelines and not getting into a deficit.

Lamar has his imperfections but he sure does throw his lightning quick body into the fray in pursuit of victory. Respect

How well Richardson can successfully attack the middle without turning the ball over will be monumental to being victorious each week.

Then, how good is our Fearsome Foursome against the best?

Lamar Jackson could get injured again if he rushes like that in every game. I don't know why Derrick Henry wasn't utilized more often. It's fun watching Jackson go off, but not wise to do it all the time when there are other players. 

Xavier Worthy's name fits him. 

What's with all the illegal formation penalties? Teams should realize that the refs are getting strict about that. 

20 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Lamar Jackson could get injured again if he rushes like that in every game. I don't know why Derrick Henry wasn't utilized more often. It's fun watching Jackson go off, but not wise to do it all the time when there are other players. 

Xavier Worthy's name fits him. 

What's with all the illegal formation penalties? Teams should realize that the refs are getting strict about that. 

Derrick Henry is washed he doesn’t have that burst he once had. It’s not surprising he’s old in RB years. The mileage he has is a lot. The only team that has a shot at the Chiefs are the Bengals because they’ve done it before and Burrow is more consistent than Lamar and Allen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Derrick Henry is washed he doesn’t have that burst he once had. It’s not surprising he’s old in RB years. The mileage he has is a lot. The only team that has a shot at the Chiefs are the Bengals because they’ve done it before and Burrow is more consistent than Lamar and Allen.

Plus Burrow does not miss a wide open Zay Flowers in the end zone like that. It wouldn't even have come down to the Isaiah Likely TD attempt.

• Like 1

Notes from Chiefs v Ravens:

- Mahomes and Worthy is like Mahomes and Tyreek all over again.

- Chiefs defense is still legit.  Chris Jones is a wrecking ball.

- Ravens need to make a move for a WR.  Chiefs started stacking the box to take Henry away and the ravens couldn’t do anything.

- mark Andrews washed?  Or not being utilized?  Maybe we can swindle the ravens for someone?

- Lamar is going to get cooked tomorrow (today) for that last drive.  Didn’t see an open likely, then almost got likely killed for throwing a late ball, and then miss a wide open zay in the end zone.  

- Chiefs are still the chiefs.  We may witness history this year.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Nah, I see their D middle being exposed. They lost Willie Gay Jr. and their high IQ Nick Bolton looked SLOW. Teams are looking at that and their RBs and TEs are salivating. This was similar to the weaknesses they had while playing Brady and he took them apart with Edelman, Gronk and Rex Burkhead versus their slower LBs

If Lamar could sustain drives with accuracy, Mahomes would be sitting on the bench more. Watch Zac Taylor/Burrow and even Jim Harbaugh take advantage of that with sucking LBs into play action. Henry doesn’t catch many passes, so once his team trails, it’s a disadvantage for them, that’s what Titans realized and let him go.

Spags will be playing 3 safeties more or hope for his blitzes to get home. It depends if Burrow and the Bengals can finally start a season fast. They are capable of keeping Mahomes on the sidelines and not getting into a deficit.

I'm a huge Bengals fan and a big supporter of Burrow. **1st week of football HUGE overreaction incoming**

But I feel like the window already closed. They caught the Chiefs in 2021 by surprise. Then they beat them in 2022, but lost in the playoffs. Since that time, they have not been able to beat them. People act like the Cincy owns Kansas, but really it was just 2021 (which was a weird year post-covid) and 2022 in season. 

I really hope to be wrong and the Bengals knock the Chiefs off this year and keep them out of the Super Bowl. But as of right now, the Chiefs are still the premier team. They've got all of the pieces in place to 3-peat, plus they've got the refs on their side. 

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think the lack of downfield passes was more related to the pressure KC was getting. That Ravens OL was horrendous. I thought it was interesting on one of the drives in the 2nd half KC put Chris Jones against the RT, I'm pretty sure they did this because Lamar kept extending plays by escaping right and making downfield plays. After that move he had to either run forward or go left and you could see it was making him uncomfortable.

4 hours ago, smittywerb said:

- Ravens need to make a move for a WR.  Chiefs started stacking the box to take Henry away and the ravens couldn’t do anything.

- mark Andrews washed?  Or not being utilized?  Maybe we can swindle the ravens for someone?

- Lamar is going to get cooked tomorrow (today) for that last drive.  Didn’t see an open likely, then almost got likely killed for throwing a late ball, and then miss a wide open zay in the end zone.  

Possibly Andrews is getting older and coming off an injury. I think it could also be is that Ravens OL is bad and it seemed they had to use him more as an extra blocker instead of running routes.

One game doesn't determine the season, and it's too early to crown the Chiefs for the SB. Things will become more clear later in the year.  There's a chance they might do it again, but I won't bet any money. 

Carson Steele's pet alligator was very cute as a baby. The gator seemed to be cheering KC.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Possibly Andrews is getting older and coming off an injury. I think it could also be is that Ravens OL is bad and it seemed they had to use him more as an extra blocker instead of running routes.

Bengals’ OL is pretty seasoned, I expect them to hold up well and Burrow’s reads and their WR play will also test a Chiefs D with no Sneed. I know I’m looking ahead but the Bengals could pull it off better than the Ravens, IMO

8 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Why are so many people down on the Ravens? Some here say that they played like they were playing in preseason. They seemed to play well. I did not see the last 4 minutes, but it seems that the game came down to the last play.

Fans seem to criticize everything Lamar Jackson does. I don't get it.

8 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I'm a huge Bengals fan and a big supporter of Burrow. **1st week of football HUGE overreaction incoming**

But I feel like the window already closed. They caught the Chiefs in 2021 by surprise. Then they beat them in 2022, but lost in the playoffs. Since that time, they have not been able to beat them. People act like the Cincy owns Kansas, but really it was just 2021 (which was a weird year post-covid) and 2022 in season. 

I really hope to be wrong and the Bengals knock the Chiefs off this year and keep them out of the Super Bowl. But as of right now, the Chiefs are still the premier team. They've got all of the pieces in place to 3-peat, plus they've got the refs on their side. 

No way. Burrow has a lot left. I was talking to my brother earlier today and I told him that Burrow is one of my favorite QBs. He has a lot of fire and can will the team to win. I'm rooting for him.

I don't want the Chiefs winning anymore. It is time to pass the trophy to another team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

No way. Burrow has a lot left. I was talking to my brother earlier today and I told him that Burrow is one of my favorite QBs. He has a lot of fire and can will the team to win. I'm rooting for him.

I don't want the Chiefs winning anymore. It is time to pass the trophy to another team.

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I’ve got Peacock so I can watch it. They’ve had how long to prepare this field for a game? The field is horrible. Everyone is slipping and falling over.

I heard that the field is poor.

Packers 3 Eagles 0 after that INT by Hurts.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Why are so many people down on the Ravens? Some here say that they played like they were playing in preseason. They seemed to play well. I did not see the last 4 minutes, but it seems that the game came down to the last play.

Fans seem to criticize everything Lamar Jackson does. I don't get it.

I’m not down on the ravens to say, but the game was very telling.  

regarding lamar, he essentially had to play hero ball (122 rushing yds is insane) because his receivers couldn’t get open and KC stacked the box to stop Henry from running.  Add on the final sequence, he kind of blew it.

regarding the ravens, it’s because them and the Texans on paper are probably the two teams in the afc that will challenge them in the playoffs.  And what yesterday’s game showed me is they’re not ready.  I mean don’t get me wrong, losing to the SB champs by 7 isn’t bad, but they have some questions vs the chiefs where it seems they don’t.   

as far people saying what they said, I have nothing to do with that lol.  I think both teams played good given it’s the first game of the season.  Just if ravens wanna keep talking like they’re challenging KC, can’t have Lamar missing multiple opportunities to send it to OT.

• Thanks 1