Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason #3: Colts @ Bengals, Thursday, August 22, 2024, 8:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

it’s not a trend. It’s been happening for a while and not going away. People use leverage every single day in negotiating contracts. I mean the former president did it all the time with his business- why should billionaire franchise owners have the benefit of total leverage over players when it’s not reality? 

It’s not just about the franchise owners versus the players though. What about players demanding so much money that franchises have most their salary cap wrapped up in one or two players? It hurts the team. they knew what they were signing when they signed it. They should honor the contracts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

It’s not just about the franchise owners versus the players though. What about players demanding so much money that franchises have most their salary cap wrapped up in one or two players? It hurts the team. they knew what they were signing when they signed it. They should honor the contracts.

You could say the same about teams who sign a player to big contract and then release them to save money.  Should they honor those contracts too?  They know what they were signing it when they signed it too.

• Like 2

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Rookies have zero say in the contracts the signed. So when they are performing at a level that is multiples higher in value based on the market, they are at a huge risk and it is absolutely owners vs players who it gets down to it. The owners pushed these rules into place. The players union did a lousy job allowing it. 

“they should honor the contracts.” Just like the owners do right? Shaq Leonard should be making $19 mil this year then correct? Is that what you are saying? 

constant contradiction with this argument. See it all the time. Just be a fan of guys getting what the market would pay them otherwise. You don’t even realize what your opinion means or supports. It is supporting a small club, and it’s exactly how they want fans to think. 

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

Well. I can’t tell what this Colts team is gonna be this year? Week 1 is going to be fun.

that’s a good thing… Never show your hand in preseason. We should have pulled starters after a great start. Hope they take some positive learning away from the mistakes. Can’t wait for week one 

You can definitely tell it's going to be a learning season for AR (He's still really young/raw).

Don't freak out during the season would be my advice to those prone to melting down.. Lol

• Like 3

I had to do some painting outside so I started from the beginning of this game and I’m caught up now it’s a bit disconcerting that our starters aren’t punishing their back ups. Seems like after that first drive the Bengals back ups seem to figure out Richardson. The line has not looked good on  offense and I hope it gets better Houston

• Like 1