Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zavier Scott

Smonroe

Looked good.  He has good size, can catch, and seems to have vision.  

If Sermon isn’t healthy soon, he’s going to lose that #2 spot.  Goodson looked good, and I think Hull is a lock.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Saw plenty to keep him a Colt. 

He could have gone elsewhere but got a shot here.

I am also not nearly as sold on Goodson and Sermon as others are either.  Not ready to predict Scott makes the final roster.  I could see him being put on the PS and called up during the season though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am also not nearly as sold on Goodson and Sermon as others are either.  Not ready to predict Scott makes the final roster.  I could see him being put on the PS and called up during the season though.

I'd like to have Scott on the regular roster in the Mix with Taylor, Hull, and somebody else.  Hard to get my hopes up because of Goodson and Sermon, but surprises happen every now and then.  Scott has skills for sure though. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Looked good.  He has good size, can catch, and seems to have vision.  

If Sermon isn’t healthy soon, he’s going to lose that #2 spot.  Goodson looked good, and I think Hull is a lock.  

This guy is a Swiss Army knife that can do it all tbh. I even hear he played QB and can sling the ball well. I can only imagine what type of plays Shane can get him involved on. All in all he played well in the game against the cards. I think they need to think of a way to keep him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

If I had to choose I’d say keep Scott over Goodson. Goodson is apparently supposed to be the “pass catching” back but Hull can do that as well as Scott. Sermon is the bruiser power back which we do need to spell Taylor at times or incase of an injury.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

If I had to choose I’d say keep Scott over Goodson. Goodson is apparently supposed to be the “pass catching” back but Hull can do that as well as Scott. Sermon is the bruiser power back which we do need to spell Taylor at times or incase of an injury.

I'd rather keep Hull, Goodson, and Scott behind JT.  I think Scott seemed to have good vision and always seemed to fall forward.

Last year's RBs were here in part because Hull was out.  Hull being back changes the mix this year.  We need more of a bruiser RB than another pass catcher, IMO.  The backup pass catchers can go on the PS, or find others.

9 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'd rather keep Hull, Goodson, and Scott behind JT.  I think Scott seemed to have good vision and always seemed to fall forward.

The thing is you can make a case that those guys are pretty much the same kind of runner. Neither of those guys are considered a downhill power back. 

3 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

The thing is you can make a case that those guys are pretty much the same kind of runner. Neither of those guys are considered a downhill power back. 

Not sure the last time we needed a powerback.  But I do see your point.   I think the threat of AR opens up holes that might not be there with other QBs.

44 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Not sure the last time we needed a powerback.  But I do see your point.   I think the threat of AR opens up holes that might not be there with other QBs.

Taylor can technically be considered to be our Power Back (although his running style can also be considered finesse and smooth as well). When he went down it was Moss. 

9 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Taylor can technically be considered to be our Power Back (although his running style can also be considered finesse and smooth as well). When he went down it was Moss. 

Ah yes.  Good point.  I liked Moss.  I was thinking Hines (when Wentz was here) and forgot about Moss!  Yeah, we could use a bruiser back for sure.  You don't think Scott could be that guy?