Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts training camp Aug 9th 10 am

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I know he’s been out a year, but is this a little disappointing?

Absolutely it's disappointing. I don't know if he's lost a step from the injury, I'm hoping he can turn it around the next week and a half. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I know he’s been out a year, but is this a little disappointing?

Brand new offense for him. Everything he did was under the old staff. Was here last year but more mental than physical. Give him time, he will get there. The other guys are ahead of him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Not to be Debby Downer and I realize Brents had a rest day, but I think we should be pretty concerned about that D backfield.  Two of the starters (Brents and Jones) aren't known for their speed, and we all know how thin the Safety spot is.

Which means we're going to see a lot more of the soft, let them catch everything as long as it's in front of you, Bradley zone.

Our offense better put up long drives and score a lot because the elite QBs we see this year are going to feast.

Okay, I got that out of my system.  Go Colts!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Not to be Debby Downer and I realize Brents had a rest day, but I think we should be pretty concerned about that D backfield.  Two of the starters (Brents and Jones) aren't known for their speed, and we all know how thin the Safety spot is.

Which means we're going to see a lot more of the soft, let them catch everything as long as it's in front of you, Bradley zone.

Our offense better put up long drives and score a lot because the elite QBs we see this year are going to feast.

They aren't going to get faster sitting on the bench. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen also has no ties to him. So he needs to show something. 

Steichen said he has been stepping up during his video interview. Im not worried. Ballard is not known for letting talented guys just walk out the door. Woods is a 3rd round pick. They will keep working with him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

A defense requires at least one really good man capable corner so the single high safety can be looking at everything else, so that he can be aggressive.

Thomas looked like a foo last year stuck in the middle of the field with two corners that couldn't cover squat.

Zaire per PFR gave up 65 completions at 10+ yards average. 

With a 77% completion rate and a 103 passer rating.

A better pass rush and more experience playing together will allow Gus to mix his coverages more. Our group can improve, they still need a lot of snaps together.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor probably won’t play. Buckner probably won’t either.

Kenny Moore , Blackmon, Paye, MPJ , Nelson, Kelly , Smith either of these guys I suspect likely won’t either.

Anyone else having issues with page one of this thread crashing? @Nadine

1 hour ago, ProblChld32 said:

Kenny Moore , Blackmon, Paye, MPJ , Nelson, Kelly , Smith either of these guys I suspect likely won’t either.

Wthr reporting all starters will at least start

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Anyone else having issues with page one of this thread crashing?

What exactly is happening? I see the Twitter (X) posts are taking longer to show, but I don't see any other issues? What are you seeing?

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Let’s see how he plays in the PS games.  

Best part about him running with the 2nd and 3rd stringers is he'll likely get more snaps in the preseason game.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What exactly is happening? I see the Twitter (X) posts are taking longer to show, but I don't see any other issues? What are you seeing?

It tries to load the twitter posts, then crashes to a black page saying this page has caused an error that couldn’t be resolved.

cleared cache and tried two different browsers 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, krunk said:

Brand new offense for him. Everything he did was under the old staff. Was here last year but more mental than physical. Give him time, he will get there. The other guys are ahead of him.

Great post. You can also run all day long but getting back into football shape after hamstring issues on both legs isn’t as easy as snapping your fingers. The learning curve plus getting back into shape isn’t concerning to me yet.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It tries to load the twitter posts, then crashes to a black page saying this page has caused an error that couldn’t be resolved.

I think it is the Twitter posts doing that. I hope it gets resolved for you.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I probably shared too many X posts on this thread today. My bad…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

I've asked IP to take a look

So many problems with twitter lately, I wonder if they made some change that is causing problems here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I've asked IP to take a look

So many problems with twitter lately, I wonder if they made some change that is causing problems here

I get the same issues as @csmopar it definitely seems like once there is a large number of X post on a page it kills it. If it’s divided up then it’s not really an issue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I attended practice yesterday.  My 2¢

Very chill atmosphere.  Players, coaches, volunteers, etc.....everything was smooth and relaxed.  Almost like a walkthrough.

Weather/parking/facility 10 out of 10.

AD's music was playing.  He seems like he has a lot of fun at practice.  Big dude....catches EVERYTHING. 

AR, in my opinion, was locked on to his 1st read almost every time.  Had the nasty INT to Moore....but there could have been 2 or 3 more picks.  Pittman prevented 1 up the right sideline...grabbed Jones and dragged him down on an underthrown ball.  He does an amazing job at improvising and throwing on the run.  Late in practice he was unstoppable. 

Flacco seems to always look deep route first...goes through his progressions well.  He can still spin it...but as everyone knows he's a statue back there.  I hope we only see him in blowouts.  The rookie QB Bean had a few nice plays in the limited action he saw.  Very athletic.

Pierce had a great practice.  All over the field making plays.

JT was very limited.  Sermon was in on most snaps with the 1's and did just fine.  JT looked GREAT though.  Even putting in work on the sideline....he's going to go off this season.

Latu...great first step.  Saw him lined up at both End spots.

Titus Leo....pretty sure he had a "sack" or two.  He looked good....running with the 2's and 3's.

The Tight Ends group is stacked with good players.  Almost all of them could be solid NFL players...each doing something a little different.  We miss that Jack Doyle type that can block and run routes...just do it all. 

DB's....Kenny looked great as expected.  Jones and Flowers looked.........ok.  Blackmon is solid.  The rest of them is a very well documented subject.

The biggest negative of the day....was the very loud guy behind me who ranked the best Colts RB's of all time.  Addai #1 over Edge?!?!?!  Not even a mention of Faulk in his top 5?!?!  Mike Hart was better than a couple he listed.  Bro had to be on that Jay County crank.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Pat Curtis said:

Very chill atmosphere.  Players, coaches, volunteers, etc.....everything was smooth and relaxed.  Almost like a walkthrough.

AD's music was playing.  He seems like he has a lot of fun at practice.  Big dude....catches EVERYTHING. 

AR, in my opinion, was locked on to his 1st read almost every time.  Had the nasty INT to Moore....but there could have been 2 or 3 more picks.  Pittman prevented 1 up the right sideline...grabbed Jones and dragged him down on an underthrown ball.  He does an amazing job at improvising and throwing on the run.  Late in practice he was unstoppable. 

Flacco seems to always look deep route first...goes through his progressions well.  He can still spin it...but as everyone knows he's a statue back there.  I hope we only see him in blowouts.  The rookie QB Bean had a few nice plays in the limited action he saw.  Very athletic.

JT was very limited.  Sermon was in on most snaps with the 1's and did just fine.  JT looked GREAT though.  Even putting in work on the sideline....he's going to go off this season.

Titus Leo....pretty sure he had a "sack" or two.  He looked good....running with the 2's and 3's.

The Tight Ends group is stacked with good players.  Almost all of them could be solid NFL players...each doing something a little different.  We miss that Jack Doyle type that can block and run routes...just do it all. 

DB's....Kenny looked great as expected.  Jones and Flowers looked.........ok.  Blackmon is solid.  The rest of them is a very well documented subject.

The biggest negative of the day....was the very loud guy behind me who ranked the best Colts RB's of all time.  Addai #1 over Edge?!?!?!  Not even a mention of Faulk in his top 5?!?!  Mike Hart was better than a couple he listed.  Bro had to be on that Jay County crank.....

Addai #1… lmao….

I imagine it’s because of 2006. 

Great to hear Titus was back in action after the injury scare earlier in camp and making plays! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pat Curtis said:

Thanks for your feedback. 

I know it’s practice but what I wanna see most from AR is an ability to progress through his reads. It may be by design of course. 

• Like 1