Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp July 30th

56 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think there's a bigger chance some of the young RBs like Gibbs, Robinson or Achance will have a great year than JT. JT already had a lot of mileage on him when he got to the NFL and injuries has already become an issue. I'm afraid we've seen the best of him at this point. Hope I'm wrong of course. 🤞

I won’t be shocked if a rookie somewhere has a breakout year as well. It happens quite often. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Sure, but he had nearly 1000 carries coming into the league. He had nearly 400 more carries than Bijan Robinson in college. That's A LOT of extra mileage in 3 years.

Also, those ypc include 2021 - his best season by far. JT has been good in 2022 and 2023, but nowhere near his 2021 level and he hasn't played a full season since.

And we haven't had a QB that can stretch the field since Wentz.  I think barring injuries JT will have a great year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Article from when he initially came over from USFL

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/seattle-seahawks-levi-bell-hitting-opposing-quarterbacks-preseason-roster

OOooh nice!! I've heard of this guy. Don't be surprised if he makes the 53 or the practice squad at worst.

Great under the radar signing. Can't wait to watch him in preseason!

He's still only 24, so he has a lot of potential to carve out a career in the NFL.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

OOooh nice!! I've heard of this guy. Don't be surprised if he makes the 53 or the practice squad at worst.

Great under the radar signing. Can't wait to watch him in preseason!

He's still only 24, so he has a lot of potential to carve out a career in the NFL.

Never heard of him

50 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

And we haven't had a QB that can stretch the field since Wentz.  I think barring injuries JT will have a great year.

Let's hope so and let's hope he stays healthy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Never heard of him

He didn't play in the regular season last year, but he dominated in the preseason before getting hurt. Got 10 tackles and a sack in limited time. Undrafted player from a small school.

Two observations from today that haven’t been mentioned;

1) Titus Leo absolutely smoked an OT on 1v1 with a Freeney-est spin move. Super bummed he went down… and from the looks of him on the cart, appeared to be season ending Knee.

2) they practiced the new kickoff today. My suggestion after watching 4 to 5 of the kick offs being returned to at least the 35 if not 45 yard line is to just kick it in the end zone and let them start at the 30. I think you’re going to see plenty of people break it open for scores if they actually kick it to someone. .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

And we haven't had a QB that can stretch the field since Wentz.  

I am surprised Colts fans have anything good to say about Wentz. Gave up what? A first and a third for him? And that didn't even get the Colts a playoff berth for the one season Wentz was there.

No one knows yet where Richardson will rise to. But I should as hell wouldn't mention Wentz when talking about him.

25 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

I am surprised Colts fans have anything good to say about Wentz. Gave up what? A first and a third for him? And that didn't even get the Colts a playoff berth for the one season Wentz was there.

No one knows yet where Richardson will rise to. But I should as hell wouldn't mention Wentz when talking about him.

You seem really abrasive to everyone on here. This forum isn’t Reddit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Ok, here we go. The first with an agenda trying to get me banned from the site has popped up. Please try to frame me as "abrasive" or try to say I am from "Reddit." Or whatever other personal attacks you attempt. It does not affect me. I wish you well, welcome to ignore.

Now back to training camp...

I don't know about Colts camp today, but it was blazing hot at Ray Nitschke Field at 10:30 this morning. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little less unbearable for us all.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

Go Colts!

How can someone who literally just met you have an agenda against you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Ok, here we go. The first with an agenda trying to get me banned from the site has popped up. Please try to frame me as "abrasive" or try to say I am from "Reddit." Or whatever other personal attacks you attempt. It does not affect me. I wish you well, welcome to ignore.

Now back to training camp...

I don't know about Colts camp today, but it was blazing hot at Ray Nitschke Field at 10:30 this morning. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little less unbearable for us all.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

Go Colts!

Wow. This is a first for me. I’ve never received such a baseless accusation before. 

But hey you do you I guess. Confirming my observation. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I think there's a bigger chance some of the young RBs like Gibbs, Robinson or Achance will have a great year than JT. JT already had a lot of mileage on him when he got to the NFL and injuries has already become an issue. I'm afraid we've seen the best of him at this point. Hope I'm wrong of course. 🤞

i think he's about to have his best year

3 hours ago, Colt27 said:

Two observations from today that haven’t been mentioned;

1) Titus Leo absolutely smoked an OT on 1v1 with a Freeney-est spin move. Super bummed he went down… and from the looks of him on the cart, appeared to be season ending Knee.

2) they practiced the new kickoff today. My suggestion after watching 4 to 5 of the kick offs being returned to at least the 35 if not 45 yard line is to just kick it in the end zone and let them start at the 30. I think you’re going to see plenty of people break it open for scores if they actually kick it to someone. .

Good thing the Colts have a lot depth on the d-line.  They are going to need it :(

5 hours ago, PackersNation said:

Well clearly I'm not you.   Wentz opened up the run game for JT.  I feel Richardson will help JT exceed the success he had with Wentz.

2 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

Well clearly I'm not you.   Wentz opened up the run game for JT.  I feel Richardson will help JT exceed the success he had with Wentz.

I was just saying I am surprised Colts fans have positives to say about Wentz. I respect your opinion that you feel he helped Taylor some. I think the last couple years the production dipping a bit was more because of injuries and the contract etc, not really about QB play.

I saw every snap Jonathan ever played at Wisconsin, he didn't have great QB play. Good offensive line play will always help Taylor more than anything.

I agree Richardson will make the overall offense better.

2 hours ago, PackersNation said:

I was just saying I am surprised Colts fans have positives to say about Wentz. I respect your opinion that you feel he helped Taylor some. I think the last couple years the production dipping a bit was more because of injuries and the contract etc, not really about QB play.

I saw every snap Jonathan ever played at Wisconsin, he didn't have great QB play. Good offensive line play will always help Taylor more than anything.

You’ve been here like 4 days now. Trust me, there’s plenty of hate towards Wentz on this forum. But yes occasionally, the rational people on here will post a positive or two from the Wentz era. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You’ve been here like 4 days now. Trust me, there’s plenty of hate towards Wentz on this forum. But yes occasionally, the rational people on here will post a positive or two from the Wentz era. 

One season is an "era"?😋

I have nothing against Wentz, but don't feel Taylor's best season was in any way because of Wentz. I get a little protective of former Badgers.

Again, I do agree with those that feel Richardson will make the overall offense better. 

9 hours ago, RollerColt said:

You seem really abrasive to everyone on here. This forum isn’t Reddit. 

It took just a few posts for me to wonder why is it here and Ignore is coming soon. Abrasive was well chosen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Wow. This is a first for me. I’ve never received such a baseless accusation before. 

But hey you do you I guess. Confirming my observation. 

Ive seen your post for many years and have never seen you act out of line ever...Ill vouch for you as im sure many others will as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PackersNation said:

To keep this on track; I don't think there's been a lot of positive to say about the Colts QB situation for a good long while now. BUT, there were a few highlights.

• Luck, of course, but that whole thing ended way too soon and in a terrible way.
  • Rivers was great here. He lacked the arm strength in the end, but had almost everything else.
  • Wentz could have had a year or two more here I feel. He made some bone-headed decisions during the season, but beyond that the offense was decent. The way the season ended ruined any chance for him to stay, of course.

Now we have AR and hopefully he can put any injury concerns to rest and have a great season.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I think one can dislike Wentz but also acknowledge a fact like Wentz could push the ball down the field something Ryan and Gardner struggled with.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Now we have AR and hopefully he can put any injury concerns to rest and have a great season.

I hope he has a good season as well. Now, I don't think he will fare well in week 2, but I do pray he stays healthy all season.

Looking forward to seeing him play live in Lambeau.

15 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Muhammed who? Muhammed Ali?

lol i saw another thread that we were signing him posted by adam shefty, but ig it was incorrect

• Like 1