Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any chance Nabers could fall to us at 15?🤔I’ve seen a couple different reports of teams second guessing his offseason work ethics! That’s not a good sign for him and he doesnt sound much like a Ballard guy, but should Colts take a chance on him if he falls???

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/report-top-wide-receiver-prospect-malik-nabers-has-sparked-massive-concerns-among-nfl-teams-ahead-of-the-draft/

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nabers will go 5 to the Chargers, if he doesn't I would be shocked.

I think you’re going to be shocked.  Quarterbacks might go 1, 2, 3, 4.   If that happens I’m not sure I see Harbaugh taking Nabers as the first non-quarterback off the board.   Not with Alt, Harrison, Odunze and even Bowers still on the board.   I’ve also seen lots of speculation that the Chargers might try to trade down a little, get more picks, and still get a top level player.  

Just food for thought. 

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you’re going to be shocked.  Quarterbacks might go 1, 2, 3, 4.   If that happens I’m not sure I see Harbaugh taking Nabers as the first non-quarterback off the board.   Not with Alt, Harrison, Odunze and even Bowers still on the board.   I’ve also seen lots of speculation that the Chargers might try to trade down a little, get more picks, and still get a top level player.  

Just food for thought. 

My bet is on QBs going 1,2,3 and that is it. I won't say 1,2,3,4 will never happen but the odds are low for QBs going 1,2,3,4

• Like 1

It just depends on if a team is willing to take him just because of his athletic ability/potential! There’s always seems to be a top player in a draft that drops because of some off the field issue. Depending on if these reports are correct or not, Im Sure a team will take a chance on him before the Colts pick, but it could backfire if Nabers is too much of a headcase!

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My bet is on QBs going 1,2,3 and that is it. I won't say 1,2,3,4 will never happen but the odds are low for QBs going 1,2,3,4

Entirely possible.   But I don’t think the odds are low.    Arizona may look for a small trade back to allow some team to come up for the 4th QB.    Arizona could then move back a bit and still get Nabors or Odunze.    

This is what I’ve read recently and only offered as food for thought.  

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just food for thought. 

Nevermind. I misremembered. 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I get Alt is special, but there are several OTs worth a 1st round pick this season and the Chargers pick afain at 11. 

I think it’s Harrison, Nabers or Odunze at 5 and OT at 11. Just a guess. 

All true.   I always need to remind myself that it’s “Lying Season” and lots of what is put out there are smoke screens.   Feels like we’re all throwing darts in a very big, but very dark room! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just food for thought. 

You think the Cards are giving up on their QB? Just a question because I haven't heard that. Most mocks have them taking Marv. Then again, like with anything I could be wrong. 

That article is laughable saying he’s high maintenance. Thats the story on a lot elite receivers. WRs are known to be Diva’s. It just comes with the position sometimes. Plus he did all his work out stuff at his pro day like he said he would. 

Article gives no context either so I take it with a grain of salt. As long as he works his butt off everyday and doesn’t have substance issues, he should be fine.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You think the Cards are giving up on their QB? Just a question because I haven't heard that. Most mocks have them taking Marv. Then again, like with anything I could be wrong. 

No, I don’t think Arizona is giving up on their QB.  But I think Arizona might trade down to pick up draft picks.   They’d let another team trade up to take the 4th QB and the Cards would take a player other than Harrison.  Nabor and Oduze are graded as pretty close to Harrison.  

Sorry I wasn’t more clear.  I’ve written that in other posts and didn’t want to keep writing that over and over.  I thought you would’ve read that in my other posts.  My bad.   It’s been widely reported that Zona might do this.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No, I don’t think Arizona is giving up on their QB.  But I think Arizona might trade down to pick up draft picks.   They’d let another team trade up to take the 4th QB and the Cards would take a player other than Harrison.  Nabor and Oduze are graded as pretty close to Harrison.  

Sorry I wasn’t more clear.  I’ve written that in other posts and didn’t want to keep writing that over and over.  I thought you would’ve read that in my other posts.  My bad.   It’s been widely reported that Zona might do this.   

For some reason I missed those posts of yours. I usually read them all lmao . You may be right. I would think though giving Murray a WR like Marvin would be the right move. If they want to trade that 4th, Colts should look into it. How exciting would it be to have AR, Taylor, Pittman, Downs, and Marvin on offense. IMO, I think Marvin is a can't miss and not just because of his father who played here but he is just impressive in his own right.

Even if the top 4 all go QB, I still see a team ahead of us picking him up. I see QBs going 4 in a row and WRs (Harrison Jr., Nabers, Odunze) going 3 in a row. 

Bowers will most likely be gone too. 

So we either get CB, Brian Thomas Jr, or trade back. 

• Like 1

I don’t think Arizona wants to trade down as far as 15.  

The hottest rumor is this:  Arizona might trade down to Minnesota.   The Vikings have 11 and 23.   Plus they’d include another high pick from the 25 draft.   For that haul, Arizona would trade down and still go no lower than 11.   

So, any possible trade works best with Minn and not with Indy.   

• Like 1

I know not really on target but I would move on from Kyler if I was Arizona. Back to back drafts they’ve been in a position to draft a great QB prospect but stay committed to Kyler when he’s been questionable at best and never a game changer IMHO. They will regret not taking a QB when they had the opportunity twice 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, twfish said:

I know not really on target but I would move on from Kyler if I was Arizona. Back to back drafts they’ve been in a position to draft a great QB prospect but stay committed to Kyler when he’s been questionable at best and never a game changer IMHO. They will regret not taking a QB when they had the opportunity twice 

While I agree they have to seriously consider it, the Cardinals were significantly better when Murray came back from injury last season. I think Murray is good, he's just not great-elite and that's really what a team wants if they want to go Super Bowl hunting.

If the Cards want to trade that 4th, what would it take for the Colts to get that pick? I don't want to hear that is not Ballard's style, it will never happen. It is a simple question for everyone in here that want to play GM.

I honestly think we could trade them our 15th 1st rounder this year and 3rd round pick this year, + 2nd round pick next year. That would land us Marvin Harrison Jr. That is beyond fair if they want to give that pick up and we want to trade up for a huge difference maker.

Nice player but is he a “Colts Guy”. I think the character, professionalism, maturity, along with a whole host of other traits play a significant role in the draft selection. (For the Colts Organization) if he is there, and if Ballard’s team concluded that he is not our guy, we would trade that pick.  

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Cards want to trade that 4th, what would it take for the Colts to get that pick? I don't want to hear that is not Ballard's style, it will never happen. It is a simple question for everyone in here that want to play GM.

I honestly think we could trade them our 15th 1st rounder this year and 3rd round pick this year, + 2nd round pick next year. That would land us Marvin Harrison Jr. That is beyond fair if they want to give that pick up and we want to trade up for a huge difference maker.

If you scroll up just a few posts you’ll see a post I made yesterday (not to you) which explains why Arizona is not trading down to Indy. 

The rumor goes like this:  Minnesota has picks 11 and 23.  They could trade both of those picks PLUS another very high pick, possibly another first to Arizona.   So the Cardinals would get potentially 3 first round picks and only have to move down to 11.   The Colts are never making a better offer than that.  Not even close.  Even if Irsay ordered Ballard to offer 4 first round picks,  the Cardinals don’t want to move down to 15. 

Hope this explains the situation better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you scroll up just a few posts you’ll see a post I made yesterday (not to you) which explains why Arizona is not trading down to Indy. 

The rumor goes like this:  Minnesota has picks 11 and 23.  They could trade both of those picks PLUS another very high pick, possibly another first to Arizona.   So the Cardinals would get potentially 3 first round picks and only have to move down to 11.   The Colts are never making a better offer than that.  Not even close.  Even if Irsay ordered Ballard to offer 4 first round picks,  the Cardinals don’t want to move down to 15. 

If the Vikings get that 4th pick, a lot of Vikings will be extremely happy @NFLfanwho would you take at 4?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Vikings get that 4th pick, a lot of Vikings will be extremely happy @NFLfanwho would you take at 4?

I don't want to move up if we have to give up another first round pick in 2025. If we move up and give up only #23 and #11 this year, then I would like that. I like Daniels. I like Nabers and Odunze too but we don't need a WR.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 7:16 PM, IndyEV said:

Any chance Nabers could fall to us at 15?🤔I’ve seen a couple different reports of teams second guessing his offseason work ethics! That’s not a good sign for him and he doesnt sound much like a Ballard guy, but should Colts take a chance on him if he falls???

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/report-top-wide-receiver-prospect-malik-nabers-has-sparked-massive-concerns-among-nfl-teams-ahead-of-the-draft/

Nope as i think he is better than Harrison. LSU has quite a reputation of developing great NFL recievers

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I i was Minni, I would trade Jefferson to Arizona. I would then draft my franchise qb and then with my 2nd pick draft a receiver.   

On 4/10/2024 at 11:38 AM, RollerColt said:

Even if the top 4 all go QB, I still see a team ahead of us picking him up. I see QBs going 4 in a row and WRs (Harrison Jr., Nabers, Odunze) going 3 in a row. 

Bowers will most likely be gone too. 

So we either get CB, Brian Thomas Jr, or trade back. 

Agreed. When is the last time the top graded tight end has made it as far as number 15? I am not just talking the top te, but some see him as difference maker. If Nabers and Harrison go high, I would expect Bowers to be the next pass catcher to be taken. I know people just love Harrison and Nabers, but some offences may value Bowers over them  2 in their offense. Look at Kelce and how much of mismatch he is. The Chiefs traded away Hill and kept Kelce. Yes, their was money involved but I do believe the Chiefs felt Kelce would get more bang for your buck

43 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agreed. When is the last time the top graded tight end has made it as far as number 15? I am not just talking the top te, but some see him as difference maker. If Nabers and Harrison go high, I would expect Bowers to be the next pass catcher to be taken. I know people just love Harrison and Nabers, but some offences may value Bowers over them  2 in their offense. Look at Kelce and how much of mismatch he is. The Chiefs traded away Hill and kept Kelce. Yes, their was money involved but I do believe the Chiefs felt Kelce would get more bang for your buck

And the Chiefs were right. 

53 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And the Chiefs were right. 

I think the Chiefs would have been fine either way.   When you have a great qb, the offense just figures itself out.  Especially with Andy Reid 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Last year

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I i was Minni, I would trade Jefferson to Arizona. I would then draft my franchise qb and then with my 2nd pick draft a receiver.   

Well….   That might be your position.  I’d never do that.   If I’m Minn, I’d consider Jefferson a foundational player.  

The only way I’d move Jefferson is if he’s telling me privately that he hates Minn and will never re-sign with the club no matter what.   That’s the only way I’m trading him. 

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If you are talking about Kincaid, he is know where near Bowers level when graded coming out of college. Kincaid was never seen as a top 15 pick.

You asked the question.   

Also Kelce was a 3rd round pick.  

Shannon Sharp 7th

Antonio Gates undrafted

Kyle Pitts 1st

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

You asked the question.   

Also Kelce was a 3rd round pick.  

Shannon Sharp 7th

Antonio Gates undrafted

Kyle Pitts 1st

I think you missed what i was saying. Those other guys were not graded that high and if they slipped in the draft it was because of character (Kelce). What i meant was when was the   last time that the number 1 tight end coming out of college slipped to the 15 position and not just the number one tight end but one as highly graded as Bowers.

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think you missed what i was saying. Those other guys were not graded that high and if they slipped in the draft it was because of character (Kelce). What i meant was when was the   last time that the number 1 tight end coming out of college slipped to the 15 position and not just the number one tight end but one as highly graded as Bowers.

I think Bowers is gonna be good,  but Kyle Pitts was supposed to be great.   So far,  not so much.  I think it has more to do with a great talent and a great offensive mind to get production out of a tight end.   We will see.  I would be happy if we land Bowers

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I think Bowers is gonna be good,  but Kyle Pitts was supposed to be great.   So far,  not so much.  I think it has more to do with a great talent and a great offensive mind to get production out of a tight end.   We will see.  I would be happy if we land Bowers

I looked up Pitts recently.  He had a great rookie year when the QB throwing to him was Matt Ryan.   His numbers fell off the last two years when the QB was Desmond Ridder.   To me that’s the key difference, but your mileage may differ…. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 2:22 PM, chad72 said:

Every year we hear that and every year a couple  of them drop out of the top 10. I actually think this is kind of an average qb draft.