Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

4 minutes ago, Hark said:

If they do let Grover walk I'm thinking they draft T'Vondre Sweat out of Texas. He would be a good replacement.

McKinney signed with Philly I think.

The McKinney report earlier was false apparently.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems like packers 

Bummer again.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not worried. I don’t even think we need a high priced one. Really just one we can play steady and improve the room while one of ours develops. Maybe a McLeod type.

Yeah, just want to sign a couple veteran safeties.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

Do Something Ballard!!!!!mad homer simpson GIF

I don’t know why you are surprised.  If you’ve paid any attention to Ballard at all this is what he does.  This is who he is and no matter how much fans want splash free agent signings that’s not going to change who he is.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Superman said:

We'll see about that. I think we just saw the start of a major market correction at safety, and while McKinney is a good option, there's suddenly a lot more competition among the free agents. I don't know if he has the standing to push the ceiling on the safety market, but we'll see. It only takes one team.

4 years $68 million, it took only 1 team, the GB Packers for Xavier McKinney to be signed to that number. That will be the top number for safety this FA, it is a safe bet.

Just now, w87r said:

Decent chance will how things are playing out that we might get Moss back?

I am sure the next domino to fall will be Justin Simmons to the Colts, wishing, hoping, praying...all of them. 😉

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know why you are surprised.  If you’ve paid any attention to Ballard at all this is what he does.  This is who he is and no matter how much fans want splash free agent signings that’s not going to change who he is.  

You would think with his job on the line he might change his philosophy. Apparently, not as we watch the colts sit on their hands again.

Just now, chad72 said:

I am sure the next domino to fall will be Justin Simmons to the Colts, wishing, hoping, praying...all of them. 😉

Thought he already signed somewhere 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Either getting paid by colts or some team.

With all due respect to the Heavenly Father Mr Lewis needs to take some credit here.  He’s earned that extension with how he’s played on back-to-back one year deals.

1 minute ago, KB said:

This day is always a fun one on the board

You think so.   I think so.  But I also think most here HATE this day.   They see what everyone else does, and what Ballard won’t do and their heads explode!   I think this day is torture for most.   

And it’s the same every year.   Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat.     :giveup:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

You would think with his job on the line he might change his philosophy. Apparently, not as we watch the colts sit on their hands again.

Who says his job is on the line?  Some fan on the message board who is frustrated that Ballard hasn’t done what they wanted?  Sorry that doesn’t count.  Irsay is the only one who gets a vote on that and he’s done nothing to say Ballard’s job is on the line this season.  Further more, Irsay is involved with how the team is run, Ballard has said they have stayed in contact while Irsay has been in the hospital so he’s probably signed off on whatever Ballard’s plan is.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You think so.   I think so.  But I also think most here HATE this day.   They see what everyone else does, and what Ballard won’t do and their heads explode!   I think this day is torture for most.   

And it’s the same every year.   Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat.     :giveup:

I don't expect much, I just come here for the comments after we do nothing big lmao . We re-signed Pitt to a long-term deal, that is huge anyway. 

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

Justin Simmons will be very expensive for a team to sign now.

At least we know his ceiling will hover around $15 mil. because he is much older than McKinney. So 2 years $30 mil., all guaranteed (or 3 years $45 mil. with $30 mil. guaranteed) and see if he accepts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

4 years $68 million, it took only 1 team, the GB Packers for Xavier McKinney to be signed to that number. That will be the top number for safety this FA, it is a safe bet.

Yeah, definitely higher than I thought it would be, but not quite highest in history. Close, though.

• Like 1