Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Seems Jacksonville is being very active, and bringing in Gabe Davis is HUGE for them.

i was just thinking how its crazy they always seem to be able to sign big name WR

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Cousins is now a Falcon. Chicago might not have any takers for Fields.

Vikings should get Ryan Tannehill from the Titans and bring a rookie QB along slowly.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Then they turn around and suck.

I thought Ridley looked good, but when we put Kenny on him he got quiet quick. 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Vikings should get Ryan Tannehill from the Titans and bring a rookie QB along slowly.

I was thinking the same thing. Skip Darnold and get Ryan instead to cover this year while the rookie learns. 

• Like 1

we struggled against Zay Jones, and Nico Collins bad . Ridley put up like 100 yards in a half, and then kenny got put on him and he was quiet after

1 minute ago, AKB said:

we struggled against Zay Jones, and Nico Collins bad . Ridley put up like 100 yards in a half, and then kenny got put on him and he was quiet after

Etienne Jr. was having a day against us as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

Just now, RollerColt said:

Etienne Jr. was having a day against us as well. 

All I know is one of them was juking us left and right lol and I know it was the same player lol

8 minutes ago, AKB said:

He's the closest player i've seen to Buckner. I feel like if we did pick up armstead, we would still need another 2 gap big guy , maybe draft

I think we are drafting a DT early.  Maybe round 1 depending on how the rest of FA goes.  Certainly way to early to make a good guess when.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Well so far, we’ve yet to overpay for any of the two we have signed. Therefore, you’re wrong already. 

I hope to be wrong but Franklin at 9-10 mill per year is no bargain. He's pretty poor in pass coverage . Pittman got about what he deserved.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Another safety off the board.

Jaguars and Eagles, 2 teams always very active in free agency. 

I am surprised the Texans haven't been as aggressive, they did re-sign a few of their own.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What would it take to get Jefferson? This years 1st and next years 2nd? 

Probably this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's 2nd at least. Then you are looking at a $30 mil. per year contract at least.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure I would do 2 1sts but I would think about it. Imagine he and Pitt and Downs. AR would be in heaven. Taylor running the ball too.

If AR is as good as we think he is, which I think he is, he can win with Pittman, AP, Downs and a high quality rookie from the draft that we develop. Mahomes showed what he could do with a balanced squad. We just need to have a balanced squad capable of playing different styles on offense and being able to get consistent stops on D to situationally have more Ws on the board.

• Like 2

Just now, chad72 said:

If AR is as good as we think he is, which I think he is, he can win with Pittman, AP, Downs and a high quality rookie from the draft that we develop. Mahomes showed what he could do with a balanced squad. We just need to have a balanced squad capable of playing different styles on offense and being able to get consistent stops on D to situationally have more Ws on the board.

We need a TE.  Can’t count on any of the current guys.  Can’t count on Bowers being there either.  I’m hoping we sign a veteran that Shane would be happy with.  

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We need a TE.  Can’t count on any of the current guys.  Can’t count on Bowers being there either.  I’m hoping we sign a veteran that Shane would be happy with.  

Hayden Hurst is a free agent and he has served the Ravens, Bengals etc. well during his stops but TEs take a little time to break out. One more year for Jelani Woods, Granson and Mallory would be worth giving to show us who can take that next step. Ogletree had good chemistry with AR too. Plenty invested to give up too easily. It is on the WR front that is there isn't plenty invested. Bowers and Brian Thomas Jr., my draft crush for No.15

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

FWIW:   Everything I’ve read says it is a very thin FA market for tight ends.   I was disappointed when the Pats re-signed Hunter Henry.   @Superman had picked him for a possible Colts signing and I thought that would’ve been great.