Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IndyColtsFan411's Never-ending Mock Drafts Post

Thought I'd start my own post about the 2024 NFL Draft as I like to do many (too many some might say) mock drafts.  As always, your opinions are welcome even if you don't like my picks.  Also, these mocks are done on ProfootballNetwork's site (my favorite) and like all mocks, some picks are unrealistic, but this is just for fun.  

Mock #1:

So, for my 1st mock for this thread, I did the Chris Ballard method (traded back).  The trades are as follows:

Rams received picks 15, 113 for picks 19, 52

SF received pick 19 for picks 31, 63, 94

GB received picks 51, 144 for picks 58, 91

Browns received picks 82, 175 for picks 85, 129

Broncos received picks 116, 206 for picks 117,191

31. Brian Thomas Jr., WR LSU

Height: 6 - 4 | Weight: 205 | RAS: N/A

After years of missing out on the traditional X wide receivers standing at 6'2" and weighing over 200 pounds, the 2024 NFL Draft Class has made up the difference. Brian Thomas Jr. is a true alpha who wins at-will in the red zone. However, he also possesses more than enough fluidity and prowess as a route runner. Additionally, he's explosive enough to threaten defenses downfield. Dalton Miller.

52. Byron Murphy II, DT Texas

Height: 6 - 1 | Weight: 308 | RAS: N/A

Murphy’s floor as a run defender with his strength, mass, leverage, angle awareness, and movement freedom is already incredibly high, and he has the ceiling to be a devastating pass-rushing threat if he can channel his energy and power capacity more efficiently.

As a prospect, Murphy bears some similarity to Atlanta Falcons Pro Bowler and second-team All-Pro defensive lineman Grady Jarrett.

-Ian Cummings 1/11/24.

58. T.J. Tampa, CB Iowa State

Height: 6 - 1 | Weight: 198 | RAS: N/A

At 6'1, almost 200 pounds, and projected to run a low 4.4 40-yard dash, T.J. Tampa is one of the best few cornerback prospects in the entire Big 12. He came into his own in 2022, earning preseason All-Big 12 honors heading into this fall.

Though he has only one career interception, Tampa is a very talented coverage option thanks to his physical traits. Capable in both man and zone assignments, Tampa is regularly in a great position to challenge receivers at the catch point. While his patience and footwork are advanced enough to stay in the receiver's hip pockets throughout the duration of routes, his speed is a neutralizer for when he does fall behind.

Tampa's athleticism is NFL-caliber. But there are areas where he can elevate his game from the late Day 2 range

Tampa's too quick to turn his hips during his backpedal, allowing receivers to adjust on option routes or take advantage when he guesses incorrectly. He's also prone to taking poor angles in the run game, where he has the right aggression but misdiagnoses the angles he can make work. - Ian Valentino

63. Brandon Dorlus, EDGE Oregon

Height: 6 - 3 | Weight: 291 | RAS: N/A

Built like a combination between a defensive tackle and edge defender, Brandon Dorlus uses every bit of his 6'3", 278-pound frame. His strength at the point of attack is excellent, already capable of handling his own at the next level. But the surprising part of Dorlus' game is his agility and well-rounded nature as a technician.

Dorlus is patient in his attack and will exploit the weaknesses of his blocker, whether it's splitting blockers with a sidestep, moving down the line and keeping his gap integrity, or winning with an inside swim move. He brings a high level of activity, and his power should help him see time as a 3-4 end early in his career. - Ian Valentino

85. Cole Bishop, S Utah

Height: 6 - 3 | Weight: 200 | RAS: N/A

Cole Bishop is one of the best safeties in the nation. He's a do-it-all talent who will line up everywhere, from single-high to two-high to the line of scrimmage. His production reflects the fact that he's often everywhere the ball is.

He has good size at 6'2" and 205 pounds and fits the modern NFL very well. He's fast to react and able to handle his own in the slot against receivers and tight ends. Bishop has a firm Day 2 grade and should be a starter in the NFL. - Ian Valentino

91. Braelon Allen, RB Wisconsin

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 238 | RAS: N/A

Has elite overall size, and will be just 20 years old as an NFL rookie.

Can easily absorb and bounce off solo hits with his tightly-packed midsection.

High-level goal-line back with his size and mass, and can plow through the trenches.

-Ian Cummings

94. Tommy Eichenberg, LB Ohio State

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 235 | RAS: N/A

Tommy Eichenberg exploded in 2022 with 120 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, a pick, and three pass deflections. Now, he's projected as one of the top LB prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft.

In similar fashion to his statistical ascent, Eichenberg is just as explosive on the field. At 6'2", 235 pounds, he can erupt through gaps and closing ground easily in pursuit, and he plays with a red-hot motor from snap to whistle. -Ian Cummings

117. Christian Mahogany, OG Boston College

Height: 6 - 3 | Weight: 332 | RAS: N/A

129. Anthony Belton, OT NC State

Height: 6 - 5 | Weight: 336 | RAS: N/A

191. Joe Milton, QB Tennessee

Height: 6 - 5 | Weight: 236 | RAS: N/A

Flashes controlled pocket movements vs. pressure

Big, big arm

Acceleration through throwing motion is insane

The ball gets to the opposite hash instantaneously

-Ian Cummings

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Going to a guy like Murphy would be a change in defensive philosophy. The Colts have valued big Interior defensive lineman like Buckner and Grover who can play in a lot of different alignments. If you go with a smaller guy, you’re asking him to be more of a pash rusher and penetrator. With Buckner his size and length also allows him to command double teams and free up other players. 

Tampa is my sleeper pick though because he’s a lot like JuJu Brent’s. Bishop is fine but I like some other safeties like Hicks and Brade personally. 

Also don’t know if you’ll get Allen that late. With all the returns to school, he’s likely RB1 by default.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2024 at 12:26 PM, Dark Superman said:

Braelon Allen & Jonathan Taylor on the same team. :rock:

Could you imagine the hole Allen would open for JT?  I salivate thinking about that.  Use Allen as a FB type runner in certain situations and as an unstoppable bull on the goal line.  

• Like 1

image.png.1384dbc2f85cdb0cf03e0e837f6ffc41.png

Here is the kicker. Rome Odunze dropped to No.15 with Nabers and Bowers gone. Texans came in with an offer of 1st, 2nd and 3rd (23, 59 and 85) for the No.15 pick. Though out of impulse, I thought, should I help a division rival with another weapon for Stroud? Then I thought, maybe this could actually screw them over with less than quality picks on Day 3 and I get to fill a lot of holes at their expense. So, I pulled the trigger. It doesn't matter how many weapons a team has, your DL can still win and beat up the trigger man. It is not 15 vs 11, still 11 vs 11.

Then, did another trade with Seattle Seahawks for the No.86 pick. Then moved up again for the final pick.

Here is the tally

No.23 - Brian Thomas Jr., LSU

No.46 - Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

No.59 - Zach Frazier, OC, Virginia

No.82 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU

No.86 - Javon Bullard, S, Georgia

No.117 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

No.149 - Erick All, TE, Iowa

No.181 - Joe Milton, QB, Tennessee

Yeah, quite the SEC flavor with 3 LSU Tigers in it, lol :) 

@IndyColtsFan411 @MikeCurtis @Defjamz26 @Solid84 keep the mocks coming.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here is the kicker. Rome Odunze dropped to No.15 with Nabers and Bowers gone. Texans came in with an offer of 1st, 2nd and 3rd (23, 59 and 85) for the No.15 pick. Though out of impulse, I thought, should I help a division rival with another weapon for Stroud? Then I thought, maybe this could actually screw them over with less than quality picks on Day 3 and I get to fill a lot of holes at their expense. So, I pulled the trigger. It doesn't matter how many weapons a team has, your DL can still win and beat up the trigger man. It is not 15 vs 11, still 11 vs 11.

Then, did another trade with Seattle Seahawks for the No.86 pick. Then moved up again for the final pick.

Here is the tally

The only pick I’m going to comment on is Speights. I’m not sure why, but through Twitter research, LSU fans absolutely despise Speights lol. You put any other LB there and I’m fine haha

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Here is the tally

Don’t know much about the later picks, but I like the first 5. 

Still not sold on drafting a CB, but if we do I hope it’s Quinyon Mitchell. 

Also, I heard Jared Wiley, TE, TCU has been doing decently well at the senior bowl. If he tests out well at the combine he might be a guy to take a closer look at. Supposedly a solid blocker as well. 

Skrmbillede2024-01-31131718.jpg.c2d2d425f5e11ef8196d3d6b265abe15.jpg

Had this where Bowers fell to us at 15 and thought I'd run with it.

R1.15: Bowers, because of course Bowers!

R2.46: Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami: I think he'd initally be a good depth piece behind Buckner with potential to be future starter.

R3.82: Javon Bullard, S, Georgia: FS help!

R4.117: Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame: Currently doing well at the Senior Bowl.

R5.149: Beaux Limmer, OC, Arkansas: Maybe our future Center? 

R6.192: Walter Rouse, OT, Oklahoma: Project, but he's athletic for his size and he has 35+" arms! Did well at the Shrine Bowl supposedly.
R7.231: Evan Anderson, DT, FAU: I keep coming back to this guy in the 7th. HUGE, but still athletic. A project but could turn out good at NT.

• Like 2

More trades in another mock, tried a few things differently. Ravens gave me 1st, 2nd and 3rd plus next year's 2nd, couldn't pass up for No.15:

image.png.240ac02356499027a8fd8dc582e0a3fd.png

No.30 - Brian Thomas Jr, WR, LSU

No.46 - Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas

No.62 - Darius Robinson, EDGE, Missouri

No.82 - Javon Bullard, S, Georgia

No.93 - Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State

No.136 - Blake Corum, RB, Michigan (moved up once I saw him drop)

• Like 2

Trade down to about 25 or 26, picking up a late 2nd.  Then:

1) Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

2) Max Melton, CB, Rutgers

2) Darius Robinson, DL, Missouri

3) James Williams, LB, Miami

4) Mason McCormick, IOL, S. Dak. St.

5) Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

6) Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota

7) Davius Richard, QB, NC Central

• Like 2

Skrmbillede2024-02-01130330.jpg.303d4a6f05f1e672c10721b6aa816050.jpg

Traded twice:

• To 16 for 193 and Seattles 2025 1st
  • To 17 for 79

• R1.17: Quinyon Mitchell, CB
  • R2.46: Darius Robinson, DE
  • R3:79: Javon Bullard, FS
  • R3.82: Roman Wilson, WR
  • R4.117: Mekhi Wingo, DT
  • R5.149: Dylan Laube, RB
  • R6.192: Walter Rouse, OT
  • R6.193: Kitan Oladapo, SS(/LB?)
  • R7.231: Evan Anderson, DT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Skrmbillede2024-02-01130330.jpg.303d4a6f05f1e672c10721b6aa816050.jpg

Traded twice:

• To 16 for 193 and Seattles 2025 1st
  • To 17 for 79

• R1.17: Quinyon Mitchell, CB
  • R2.46: Darius Robinson, DE
  • R3:79: Javon Bullard, FS
  • R3.82: Roman Wilson, WR
  • R4.117: Mekhi Wingo, DT
  • R5.149: Dylan Laube, RB
  • R6.192: Walter Rouse, OT
  • R6.193: Kitan Oladapo, SS(/LB?)
  • R7.231: Evan Anderson, DT

The more and more I think about it - CB or WR/TE seems to be the obvious direction for prime talent addition to our roster, with both CB and WR being deep in this draft that you can get what would be a Top 10 pick in other drafts at No.15, IMO.

• Like 2

R1.15: Brock Bower, TE

R2.46: T'Vondre Sweat, DT

R3.82: Roman Wilson, WR

R4.117: Cam Hart, CB

R5.149: Dylan Laube, RB

R6.192: Walter Rouse, OT

R7.231: Evan Anderson, DT

I think this would be my dream scenario right now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Our Dline line would weigh over a ton with both of them on the team lol.

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

The senior bowl effect eh lol

• Like 1

Read that Darius Robinson is “getting first round consideration” after his strong Senior Bowl week.  Probably means his pre-combine stock is early 2nd round now.  I still think he’s one of the draft’s best fit for the Colts…

• Like 2

Feels like it’s time for my annual admonishment.   These mock draft simulation games are fun and addictive.  But they’re almost worthless until roughly early April.    That’s when all the latest info is known and programmed into the mocks.   Who stands out at the Combine?   Who surprises at their pro days?   That info is hugely important.  

So we’ll all have 3-4 weeks of much much better info.   Thats when the mocks will be both telling and really fun! 

Until then, take the results with much salt.  

• Like 5

On 1/31/2024 at 5:04 PM, chad72 said:

More trades in another mock, tried a few things differently. Ravens gave me 1st, 2nd and 3rd plus next year's 2nd, couldn't pass up for No.15:

image.png.240ac02356499027a8fd8dc582e0a3fd.png

No.30 - Brian Thomas Jr, WR, LSU

No.46 - Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas

No.62 - Darius Robinson, EDGE, Missouri

No.82 - Javon Bullard, S, Georgia

No.93 - Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State

No.136 - Blake Corum, RB, Michigan (moved up once I saw him drop)

This is a nice draft.  Looks to have players who can contribute right away.  Good job.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Feels like it’s time for my annual admonishment.   These mock draft simulation games are fun and addictive.  But they’re almost worthless until roughly early April.    That’s when all the latest info is known and programmed into the mocks.   Who stands out at the Combine?   Who surprises at their pro days?   That info is hugely important.  

So we’ll all have 3-4 weeks of much much better info.   Thats when the mocks will be both telling and really fun! 

Until then, take the results with much salt.  

Yup, but it’s fun! 😄

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Archer said:

Read that Darius Robinson is “getting first round consideration” after his strong Senior Bowl week.  Probably means his pre-combine stock is early 2nd round now.  I still think he’s one of the draft’s best fit for the Colts…

I like him and he’s definitely a Build a Ballard guy. My only issue is he’s a lot like Dayo, but more polish. Dayo had a break out year but do you want to spend a high pick on a guy who you essentially already have on the roster? It’s also not like Dayo is old either.

• Like 2

So, chalk this mock up to something that would NEVER happen, but it's a fun exercise in options.  Let me know what you guys think.

Traded Pick #19 to Texans for Picks #23 & 59

Traded Picks #52 & 192 to Titans for Pick #106, plus 2025 1st Rd & 2nd Rd picks

Getting Daniels is completely not necessary, but he kept dropping, so thought I'd see how the draft fell.  He would be a great insurance plan for AR and could even be better than AR for this team.  Franklin gets separation and could take pressure off MPJ, AP, and JD.  Sweat is Grover's replacement, Melton and Hicks solidify the CB/S room, Shipley is a receiving RB who also can run between the tackles.  Goncalves is a big OT for depth.  Spann-Ford is a great blocking TE who can also catch, bad QB play at Minnesota didn't give him opportunity to show his talent, he replaces MAC.

23. Jayden Daniels, QB LSU

Height: 6 - 3 | Weight: 205 | RAS: N/A
There’s a lot to like about Daniels. He’s a naturally accurate passer to all three levels of the field with more than enough velocity to place passes into NFL windows. -Dalton Miller

46. Troy Franklin, WR Oregon

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 179 | RAS: N/A

A speedy receiver who can split time as an outside receiver or a slot threat, Franklin projects favorably to other thin but fast playmakers who have been taken on Day 2 in recent drafts. At 6'2" and 170 pounds, Franklin easily creates separation on his routes and is dangerous after the catch. An offense that can isolate him one on one, especially over the middle of the field, will produce explosive plays.

Franklin also has good body control and the ability to bring in difficult catches. He's far from a soft player despite being so light. Of course, his lack of bulk is a concern and limits his overall upside, but Franklin should be a great addition to more spread offenses. - Ian Valentino

59. T'Vondre Sweat, DT Texas

Height: 6 - 4 | Weight: 346 | RAS: N/A

A mammoth at 6'4" and 346 pounds, T'Vondre Sweat is a force to be reckoned with in the middle of the Texas defense. He makes everything else possible for his teammates, holding up extremely well at the point of attack, even against double teams. He's a big part of the reason the Longhorns had such a massively improved front seven in 2022.

Sweat's stats aren't impressive due to his role, as he's amassed only 124 tackles and five sacks over five seasons. However, his 2023 season was his best yet, consistently getting into the backfield in addition to demanding double teams. We've seen a trend of huge, athletic DTs going in the first, and Sweat looks poised to be the next. - Ian Valentino

82. Max Melton, CB Rutgers

Height: 6 - 0 | Weight: 190 | RAS: N/A

106. Jaden Hicks, S Washington State

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 195 | RAS: N/A

The best prospect on the Cougars is Jaden Hicks. The third-year safety is huge, measuring 6'3" and 202 pounds. His first season on the field included 76 tackles, one sack, one interception, and six passes defended.

It's hard to miss Hicks on the field. He's a plus athlete who closes very quickly on the ball in space and as a blitzer. That aggressiveness can be a negative at times in coverage, as he'll overcommit to one direction while backpedaling.

As an instinctive player who finishes plays with physicality, Hicks' value will rise significantly with more confidence and comfort in man coverage. Right now, he's more of a downhill player who is dangerous for offenses to forget about. He has a midround grade entering the offseason. - Ian Valentino

117. Will Shipley, RB Clemson

Height: 5 - 11 | Weight: 198 | RAS: N/A

Shipley is truly a chisel inside the tackles, using his instincts and agility to carve out consistent gains. Meanwhile, he doubles as an elite receiving threat and a quality blocker as well.

He’s a versatile pass catcher who can run routes from multiple alignments, catch the ball away from his frame, and accrue RAC yards. As a blocker, he’s combative, has a natural feel for leverage, and uses his short-area twitch to reposition himself. -Ian Cummings

149. Matt Goncalves, OT Pittsburgh

Height: 6 - 5 | Weight: 317 | RAS: N/A

231. Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE Minnesota

Height: 6 - 7 | Weight: 269 | RAS: N/A

2025 TEN 1st

2025 TEN 2nd

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IndyColtsFan411 said:

So, chalk this mock up to something that would NEVER happen, but it's a fun exercise in options.  Let me know what you guys think.

Traded Pick #19 to Texans for Picks #23 & 59

Traded Picks #52 & 192 to Titans for Pick #106, plus 2025 1st Rd & 2nd Rd picks

Getting Daniels is completely not necessary, but he kept dropping, so thought I'd see how the draft fell.  He would be a great insurance plan for AR and could even be better than AR for this team.  Franklin gets separation and could take pressure off MPJ, AP, and JD.  Sweat is Grover's replacement, Melton and Hicks solidify the CB/S room, Shipley is a receiving RB who also can run between the tackles.  Goncalves is a big OT for depth.  Spann-Ford is a great blocking TE who can also catch, bad QB play at Minnesota didn't give him opportunity to show his talent, he replaces MAC.

23. Jayden Daniels, QB LSU

Height: 6 - 3 | Weight: 205 | RAS: N/A
There’s a lot to like about Daniels. He’s a naturally accurate passer to all three levels of the field with more than enough velocity to place passes into NFL windows. -Dalton Miller

46. Troy Franklin, WR Oregon

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 179 | RAS: N/A

A speedy receiver who can split time as an outside receiver or a slot threat, Franklin projects favorably to other thin but fast playmakers who have been taken on Day 2 in recent drafts. At 6'2" and 170 pounds, Franklin easily creates separation on his routes and is dangerous after the catch. An offense that can isolate him one on one, especially over the middle of the field, will produce explosive plays.

Franklin also has good body control and the ability to bring in difficult catches. He's far from a soft player despite being so light. Of course, his lack of bulk is a concern and limits his overall upside, but Franklin should be a great addition to more spread offenses. - Ian Valentino

59. T'Vondre Sweat, DT Texas

Height: 6 - 4 | Weight: 346 | RAS: N/A

A mammoth at 6'4" and 346 pounds, T'Vondre Sweat is a force to be reckoned with in the middle of the Texas defense. He makes everything else possible for his teammates, holding up extremely well at the point of attack, even against double teams. He's a big part of the reason the Longhorns had such a massively improved front seven in 2022.

Sweat's stats aren't impressive due to his role, as he's amassed only 124 tackles and five sacks over five seasons. However, his 2023 season was his best yet, consistently getting into the backfield in addition to demanding double teams. We've seen a trend of huge, athletic DTs going in the first, and Sweat looks poised to be the next. - Ian Valentino

82. Max Melton, CB Rutgers

Height: 6 - 0 | Weight: 190 | RAS: N/A

106. Jaden Hicks, S Washington State

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 195 | RAS: N/A

The best prospect on the Cougars is Jaden Hicks. The third-year safety is huge, measuring 6'3" and 202 pounds. His first season on the field included 76 tackles, one sack, one interception, and six passes defended.

It's hard to miss Hicks on the field. He's a plus athlete who closes very quickly on the ball in space and as a blitzer. That aggressiveness can be a negative at times in coverage, as he'll overcommit to one direction while backpedaling.

As an instinctive player who finishes plays with physicality, Hicks' value will rise significantly with more confidence and comfort in man coverage. Right now, he's more of a downhill player who is dangerous for offenses to forget about. He has a midround grade entering the offseason. - Ian Valentino

117. Will Shipley, RB Clemson

Height: 5 - 11 | Weight: 198 | RAS: N/A

Shipley is truly a chisel inside the tackles, using his instincts and agility to carve out consistent gains. Meanwhile, he doubles as an elite receiving threat and a quality blocker as well.

He’s a versatile pass catcher who can run routes from multiple alignments, catch the ball away from his frame, and accrue RAC yards. As a blocker, he’s combative, has a natural feel for leverage, and uses his short-area twitch to reposition himself. -Ian Cummings

149. Matt Goncalves, OT Pittsburgh

Height: 6 - 5 | Weight: 317 | RAS: N/A

231. Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE Minnesota

Height: 6 - 7 | Weight: 269 | RAS: N/A

2025 TEN 1st

2025 TEN 2nd

I'm gonna need to look at some tape on Brevyn Spann-Ford. Solid frame for blocking and he had to contort himself for that TD catch yesterday. I've read in the same scouting report that he has soft hands and brick hands. We need an inline blocker that can develop in the passing game and I think he is a good option.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KB said:

I'm gonna need to look at some tape on Brevyn Spann-Ford. Solid frame for blocking and he had to contort himself for that TD catch yesterday. I've read in the same scouting report that he has soft hands and brick hands. We need an inline blocker that can develop in the passing game and I think he is a good option.

You sometimes wonder what these draftpundits are thinking.

I've read multiple reports on where it's said "Good awareness in zone coverage" then a few lines later "Needs better awareness in zone coverage"... so, which is it?

• Like 3

This was a "sh*ts and giggles" mock draft.  I used Profootballnetwork .com's site and traded back as many times as I could before it stopped offering trades.  Just to see.  For the record, I would never do this or be happy with trading back this many times, but it was funny.

Trades: 

Team:                                                                                          Colts:

Jaguars: Pick 15 - Quinyon Mitchell, Pick 82 - Ty'Ron Hopper   17, 48

Rams: Pick 17 - Byron Murphy II                                                19, 217

Panthers: Pick 19 - Jared Verse                                                   33, 65

Texans: Pick 33 - Xavier Legette                                                 34, 2025 NE 3rd

Bears: Pick 34 - Malachi Corley, Pick 231 - Anim Dankwah       75, 2025 CAR 2nd, 2025 CHI 2nd

Broncos: Pick 46 - Leonard Taylor, Pick 192 - Christian Jones   81, 2025 DEN 2nd, 2025 DEN 3rd

Saints: Pick 48 - Patrick Paul                                                      148, 2025 NO 2nd, 2025 NO 3rd, 2025 NO 4th

Washington: Pick 65 - Adisa Isaac, Pick 217 - Kyle Hergel        67, 2025 WAS 4th

Washington: Pick 67 - Jeremiah Trotter Jr., 2025 IND 7th        100, 102, 137

Washington: Pick 75 - Jonathon Brooks                                   180, 2025 WAS 1st

81. Kris Jenkins, DT Michigan

100. Will Shipley, RB Clemson

102. Jaden Hicks, S Washington State

117. Tommy Eichenberg, LB Ohio State

137. Layden Robinson, OG Texas A&M

148. Javon Baker, WR UCF

149. Jared Wiley, TE TCU

180. Drake Nugent, OC Michigan

2025 CAR 2nd

2025 CHI 2nd

2025 DEN 2nd

2025 NO 2nd

2025 WAS 1st

2025 NE 3rd

2025 DEN 3rd

2025 NO 3rd

2025 NO 4th

2025 WAS 4th

Yet another mock.  No trades, I think I hit on some good players.  The first 3 picks, I think can be productive, possibly start.  Milton to backup AR.  What do you think?

15. Keon Coleman, WR Florida State

Height: 6 - 4 | Weight: 216 | RAS: N/A

Despite volatility at quarterback and up front on the offensive line, Coleman thrived as a true sophomore in 2022. He racked up 58 catches, 798 yards, and seven touchdowns alongside 2023 second-round pick Jayden Reed. He leveraged that second-year production into a transfer opportunity at Florida State.-Ian Cummings

46. Kamren Kinchens, S Miami (FL)

Height: 5 - 11 | Weight: 201 | RAS: N/A

Kamren Kinchens nearly paced the nation with six interceptions in 2022, proving his ball-hawking ability over the middle of the field. Quietly, he's also one of the most complete safeties in the 2024 NFL Draft. Kinchens' playmaking ability is certainly one of his most exciting qualities, but that playmaking is also a byproduct of his ability to read the QB's eyes, manage space, and transition while channeling acceleration in zone. And at 5'11", 202 pounds, he has the size, angle IQ, and closing speed to be a support menace as well. - Ian Cummings

82. Sedrick Van Pran, OC Georgia

Height: 6 - 4 | Weight: 310 | RAS: N/A

Sedrick Van Pran would have contended with Joe Tippmann and John Michael Schmitz as the first center off the board in the NFL Draft. Van Pran is an excellent mover who possesses an innate ability to pursue the correct angle at the second level while also having the lower-body composition and power to be a difference-maker at the first level. - Dalton Miller

117. Khyree Jackson, CB Oregon

Height: 6 - 3 | Weight: 195 | RAS: N/A

149. Jared Wiley, TE TCU

Height: 6 - 6 | Weight: 259 | RAS: N/A

One of the biggest pass catchers in the country at 6'7", tight end Jared Wiley has unusual coordination and speed for his size. He excels on curl routes against zone, where he's comfortable settling in between defenders and preparing for contact. Though he wasn't often featured as a primary read except on play fakes and trick plays that are designed to get him wide open, Wiley has solid potential to be a more consistent contributor in the passing game.

The more solidified part of Wiley's game is as a blocker. He'll lose some reps due to his high pad level, but his activity level, length, aggression, and quickness are major assets. It's not a question of whether he's a good blocker or not but how good he'll become over time. - Ian Valentino

192. Joe Milton, QB Tennessee

Height: 6 - 5 | Weight: 236 | RAS: N/A

Flashes controlled pocket movements vs. pressure

Big, big arm

Acceleration through throwing motion is insane

The ball gets to the opposite hash instantaneously

-Ian Cummings

231. Omar Speights, LB LSU

Height: 6 - 1 | Weight: 235 | RAS: N/A

Omar Speights logged over 300 total tackles in his career at Oregon State, before transferring to LSU. He's been underrated across that entire span, and he's one of the 2024 NFL Draft's biggest sleepers.

At 6'1", 237 pounds, Speights is a rocked-up second-level defender with impressive mass. That mass amounts to great play strength both as a block destructor and a tackler. But Speights also brings quality burst, range, and short-area agility as a coverage defender, and he's very instinctive when managing the middle of the field. -Ian Cummings

On 2/3/2024 at 6:55 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I like him and he’s definitely a Build a Ballard guy. My only issue is he’s a lot like Dayo, but more polish. Dayo had a break out year but do you want to spend a high pick on a guy who you essentially already have on the roster? It’s also not like Dayo is old either.

Yeah, I just checked the roster, and those two are about the exact same size.  I thought Dayo was a bit smaller than that.  I was thinking of Robinson as a back-up 3T.  It turns out that we only have one DT over 300 lbs, so Robinson fits pretty well into our DT template.  Our DT depth was bad this year and our starters are getting up there in age, which is why I think an early-round DT is a good idea.

Trade back with the Texans - R1.15 for R1.23 and R2.59.

R1.23 - Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami - Impressed at the Senior Bowl. Can't remember who, but one guy said Kinchins was clearly the best safety at the Senior Bowl.

R2.46 - Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M - Long arms and profile that fits with what Ballard wants.

R2.59 - McKinnley Jackson, DT, Texas A&M - At the Senior Bowl. Will at minimum be solid depth behind Stewart.

R3.82 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan - Impressed at the Senior Bowl. Doesn't have the physical measurements that Ballard usually go after, but maybe production wins out with Steichen watching him at the Senior Bowl as well.

R4.117 - Jarvis Brownlee, CB, Louisville - Impressed at the Senior Bowl.

R5.149 - Mohammed Kamara, DE, Colorado State - Impressed at the Shrine Bowl. Has good production, but again doesn't have the physical measurements Ballard usually targets.

R6.192 - Blake Watson, RB, Memphis - At the Shrine Bowl. The Colts reportedly met with him there.

R7.231 - Walter Rouse, OT, Oklahoma - At the Shrine Bowl. 35+" arms and athletic. Raw.