Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

Happy2BeHere

Back to the Steelers I honestly see the fact that Tomlin has winning records every year as a bad thing for that fanbase.  They are forever stuck in a pattern of mediocrity.  Seems like they will never break out of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, ArmchairQB said:

Back to the Steelers I honestly see the fact that Tomlin has winning records every year as a bad thing for that fanbase.  They are forever stuck in a pattern of mediocrity.  Seems like they will never break out of it. 

With him likely gone next year we will see a different product for sure.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

With him likely gone next year we will see a different product for sure.

You think he’s leaving?  I heard those rumors but they were saying today he’s staying

Just now, Dobbinblitz said:

Aikman just

Said how much Eagles missed Steichen….

finished it for you 😀

Just now, ArmchairQB said:

You think he’s leaving?  I heard those rumors but they were saying today he’s staying

His actions today at press conference pretty much cemented in my mind, a bit surprised he did that, seems out of character and was a bad look for sure.

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Eagles were big time pretenders

It's the whole Indiana Jones "choose wisely" thing.

In going all out to emulate Hurts and the Eagles, I'm not sure Ballard chose wisely.

I was on the train of bringing in baker mayfield here to the colts when he was last released, even hoped we would have traded for him. Not saying he is a great QB but if we had him over mustache we’d have gone a bit farther this year. Congrats to him though for his year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Tomlin needs to hire a young OC that will bring creativity to the offense.

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I was on the train of bringing in baker mayfield here to the colts when he was last released, even hoped we would have traded for him. Not saying he is a great QB but if we had him over mustache we’d have gone a bit farther this year. Congrats to him though for his year.

If you surround him with a good run game, weapons, and a Oline your going yo get a very good QB. If he stays they will need to get the run game better.

• Like 1

Eagles 3rd down conversions 0%, that’s in the same ballpark as the colts, and one other game I don’t recall this weekend; but in all cases with such a low 3rd down rate meant a loss in each of those games. That definitely was the biggest reason we lost our last regular season game.

i think the dolphins were the other team with a horrible 3rd down rate this weekend.

27 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

His actions today at press conference pretty much cemented in my mind, a bit surprised he did that, seems out of character and was a bad look for sure.

Who are you referring to?

29 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Didn’t see that I’ll have to check it out 

29 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Yesterday, I heard he would step down but today they said he was coming back.

35 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

That is the Vikings, but we are not as consistent as the Steelers and Ravens. Vikings always pick in the middle of the draft. I have been a fan for 33-34 years, the highest we have picked is 4th (2011?). Most of the time we pick outside the top ten. Teams need to lose a bit to draft high.

22 minutes ago, #12. said:

It's the whole Indiana Jones "choose wisely" thing.

In going all out to emulate Hurts and the Eagles, I'm not sure Ballard chose wisely.

Remember Steichen had a big hand in developing Hebert in LA so I don’t think it was just about emulating Philly.  I think Shane had already established himself as a good Quarterback developer after Hebert and then Hurts.  Knowing we were bringing in a rookie QB I thought it made sense.  Nothing this year showed me any different 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Well they limped into the playoffs, which I guess is almost like missing the playoffs 3 times in 1 year haha 

Better to limp than to miss. I wish my team had played in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He got very upset and emotional on a simple non badgering question....something is not right. Wonder if Jerry Jones had a nice chat with him....hmm

Tomlin? I saw him just walk away. I did not see him emotional or upset. He just walked away.

I went back to finish that article and it said that the team wants to extend him but he wants to take time to think about it.

You're right about something. I was not expecting that reaction..

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I think he was close at one point this season, but they kinda rallied and had a good second half of the season. One of the hottest teams going into the playoffs.

That happened since McDermott fired OC Ken Dorsey. Running game wasn't balanced until then, Allen was making too many mistakes and Bills had very little of margin of error for next several weeks to qualify for playoffs. They still had to face Philly, KC, Dallas, Miami and Jets & Patriots to whom they had lost early in the season. So, it really looked impossible to get in, but they lost only to Philly in that stretch.

McDermott should keep his job. Felt bad for Dorsey, but he was just too pass happy that put Allen into too many mistakes that he tend to do. James Cook doing well helped too. 

• Like 2

Saw this…mexican word of the day: Dallas

That is Dallas game the cowboys will play dis season. 

haha 

Jones was an absolute emotional wreck…I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Dallas lose in the playoffs before but you could definitely tell that he was the most shaken I’ve ever seen. McCarthy will be fired in my opinion…that team was not even remotely close to being prepared for the game.

49 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

It is 6:45 in the morning, and I already got a 15 min sermon on Josh allen and the Bills from my co-worker lol.... oh Lord please Chiefs catch the ball Sunday.. 🤣

Bills are so annoying. Go chiefs! 

• Like 1