Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

Happy2BeHere

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Oh, there’s been some cheer like you said for AR. However, A few clicks on what page you’re on in this thread and you’ll find prisoners in the moment saying we should gotten Stroud instead.

In hoping AR gets there and yes CJ is good. I just see from a mile away buyers remorse from fans (not that we had a chance for CJ) if AR doesn’t blossom like we hope next year.  

Knowing what we know right now, I don’t think people saying they would’ve liked for us to get Stroud over AR is unreasonable. Why do you?

Stroud is legit. 

Still doesn’t mean people won’t cheer for AR. I know I will. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Solid84 said:

Knowing what we know right now, I don’t think people saying they would’ve liked for us to get Stroud over AR is unreasonable. Why do you?

Stroud is legit. 

Exactly. I wanted Stroud over AR. And I really don't like running QBs, but I will cheer for AR over every other QB every Sunday as long he is playing on the Colts. I hope he is a franchise QB and I absolutely see the potential. Let's hope the potential is realized. 

I am a little bummed by the Texans success so far, though. 

• Like 3

If you want to see AR high school senior season watch QB1 on tubi, it also follows Bryce Young and Deuce Hogan. Good behind the scenes also shows when the shoulder injury first occurred though he came back then reinjured and out for the season. 

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Stroud is legit. 

Guess my angle is even though AR showed promise folks are still clamoring for CJ without adding any additional context that they hope AR gets to that same level too. 

just seemed liked people already conceded that  we got the lesser QB. 

Ultimately folks can and will feel however they want. It isn’t that serious and it isn’t a hill I’m going to die on. Just an observation. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

You guys think the Titans will bounce back next year?

Yeah, bounce backwards.

27 minutes ago, Pelt said:

I have refused to watch Chief games this year because the network's insistence on constantly showing her.

I negate that by muting the game and having Taylor Swift songs run on my phone, so the broadcast looks like Taylor Swift album with some football highlights. :)

Hey, I get all my football games on local channels for free over the air, thanks to a good antenna, haven’t paid a dime the last 2 years. So I decided to splurge for a $5.99 pay per view for Peacock. LOL :) 

Just now, chad72 said:

Hey, I get all my football games on local channels for free over the air, thanks to a good antenna, haven’t paid a dime the last 2 years. So I decided to splurge for a $5.99 pay per view for Peacock. LOL :) 

That's not bad, especially with all the antenna fishing you do 

9 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I am also hoping Goff lights up the Rams  at home in Detroit.

Me too. I want the Lions to destroy the Rams without hurting Stafford. (I like Stafford, but not the Rams.)

• Like 1

I think I will be able to see tonight's game on NFL+.

The NFL+ subscription was great this year, as I was able to watch Prime Time games, local games, replays, NFL Network and Red Zone. The last couple of years I was dissatisfied with Game Pass which is now NFL+, but this year, it was worth paying for it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Guess my angle is even though AR showed promise folks are still clamoring for CJ without adding any additional context that they hope AR gets to that same level too. 

Ultimately folks can and will feel however they want. It isn’t that serious and it isn’t a hill I’m going to die on. Just an observation. 

This. Can we stop acting like Richardson was really bad. He was very good and likely would of been up there in the rookie of the year conversations.

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The NFL+ subscription was great this year, as I was able to watch Prime Time games, local games, replays, NFL Network and Red Zone. The last couple of years I was dissatisfied with Game Pass which is now NFL+, but this year, it was worth paying for it.

I also paid for NFL+.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

We don’t have espn or nfl  network on our cable. So I like nfl plus so I get all these games. It’s cheap too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This. Can we stop acting like Richardson was really bad. He was very good and likely would of been up there in the rookie of the year conversations.

I don't think he is saying AR was bad. He is an AR supporter.

2 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

All the peacockerz 🦚 picked chiefs to win

Might be the only playoff game they win this year. :) 

Btw, all the foggy windows helps with Taylor Swift fancy box suites getting less visibility :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

But, that doesn't change the fact that Ballard didn't get so impressed with Stroud in their evaluations and didn't want to move up from #4 to #1 (which is a relatively comfortable jump rather than from #9). 

You want your GM to be able to spot a great QB with all their off-season time,  material, resources the franchises have in hand.

We can say Ballard was impressed with AR much, and he stayed put but AR will have to do well and stay healthy.

Ïf AR isn't the franchise QB he seems to be developing into in limited time this year, and Ballard needs to find QB in draft again, he may probably bypass another Stroud in front of his eyes for the fear of moving up and losing draft capital for unsure reward.

That's how GMs are evaluated. You've all the information, tape at your disposal, you can bring the QB in your practice facility to evaluate up close. And, if you still don't like the QB or missed out for the fear of trading up in draft, it's a Miss for the GM's books.

Ballard can redeem himself only if AR holds down the franchise QB spot for Colts and wins some playoff game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Houston is sending Browns home, then they have their first round draft pick too. Also, early day 3 draft pick from Browns to boot.

Browns could've waited one or two more years to spend such draft capital in drafting Stroud or any QB in upcoming draft classes. 

And what has Watson done for them ? Has it been 2 years of meh and all of that salary guaranteed 

Whats the status of that GM who pulled off that trade May he is safe as ownership had to tell him to pull the trigger 

8 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

But, that doesn't change the fact that Ballard didn't get so impressed with Stroud in their evaluations and didn't want to move up from #4 to #1 (which is a relatively comfortable jump rather than from #9). 

You want your GM to be able to spot a great QB with all their off-season time,  material, resources the franchises have in hand.

We can say Ballard was impressed with AR much, and he stayed put but AR will have to do well and stay healthy.

Ïf AR isn't the franchise QB he seems to be developing into in limited time this year, and Ballard needs to find QB in draft again, he may probably bypass another Stroud in front of his eyes for the fear of moving up and losing draft capital for unsure reward.

That's how GMs are evaluated. You've all the information, tape at your disposal, you can bring the QB in your practice facility to evaluate up close. And, if you still don't like the QB or missed out for the fear of trading up in draft, it's a Miss for the GM's books.

Ballard can redeem himself only if AR holds down the franchise QB spot for Colts and wins some playoff game. 

Ballard couldn't recognize a franchise QB if one came up up and slapped him in the face !!

12 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Ballard didn’t want to give up a future 1st, I presume. Texans did for Will Anderson and the Cardinals are getting a late round first rounder for it now. Quality over quantity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You realize Steichen wanted Richardson too.

Unless you are picking with the number 1 overall pick I don’t believe a word from anyone when they say “this is who we wanted all along above everyone else” hehe

• Like 2