20 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Divisional Round picks involving #1 seeds coming off Bye today:

Texans  @  Ravens  (7-10)

sorry Stroud, you've been little iffy on the road 

Packers   @   49ers  (11-13)

Packers dream run ends with no one having a clue which one real Love is

Divisional round picks:

Chiefs  (1-3)  @  Bills 

Pacheco was injured when they met in regular season, and with him healthy now, Mahomes can beat Bills unless Bills negate their run game totally but injuries at LB and secondary in Bills defense makes me think they may give up some Big plays. That'll be a shame, I'd personally like Bills to win it all sometime soon.

Bucs   @   Lions (4-6)

I've a feeling that Bucs might surprise Lions. If Bucs run defense stays as the best in the league, and if they're able to pressure Goff down the middle and take him off his game, Bucs can definitely win this. If Shaquil Barrett isn't half-injured, I'd have picked the Bucs. Almost. 

On 1/16/2024 at 10:27 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here it goes. I am banking on Mahomes to get me back on track! I think most in here will go with the Bills. I am rolling with a guy who I think is a Top 5 QB of all-time along with Brady, Montana, Peyton, and Unitas.

AFC

Chiefs at Bills (1-3)

Texans at Ravens (7-10)

NFC

Packers at 49ers (4-6)

Bucs at Lions (7-10)

4-0 this week and got the Chiefs/Bills, Lions/Bucs margin right. bored jack nicholson GIF- next.

Scores after Wild card round:

@jvan1973 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 4 points

@chad72 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@Solid84 4-2 with 2 margins of victories (Lions-Rams and Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 7 points

@coltsva 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 4 points

@w87r 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 6 points

@runthepost 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 5 points

@Chrisaaron1023 2-4 with 0 margin of victories correct for a total of 2 points

@Moe 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@2006Coltsbestever 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@EasyE 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 6 points

@ChuggaBeer 3-3 with 0 margin of victories correct for a total of 3 points

@VikingsFanInChennai 3-3 with 1 margin of victory correct (Lions-Rams) for a total of 5 points

AFTER DIVISIONAL ROUND:

@jvan1973 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 12 points

@chad72 6 points for 3 winners (3-1), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 11 points

@Solid84 6 points for 3 winners (3-1), 2 points for margin of victory - current total 15 points

@coltsva 2 points for 1 winner (1-3), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 6 points

@w87r 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 2 points for margin of victory - current total 16 points

@runthepost 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 13 points

@Chrisaaron1023 6 points for 3 winner (3-1), 2 points for margin of victory  - current total 10 points

@Moe 6 points for 3 winners (3-1), 2 points for margin of victory  - current total 13 points

@2006Coltsbestever 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 4 points for margin of victory - current total 17 points

@EasyE 4 points for 2 winners (2-2), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 10 points

@ChuggaBeer 4 points for 2 winners (2-0), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 7 points 

@VikingsFanInChennai 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 2 points for margin of victory - current total 15 points

Leaderboard looks like this:

@2006Coltsbestever 17 points

@w87r 16 points

@Solid84 15 points

@VikingsFanInChennai 15 points

Excellent picking by @2006Coltsbestever and @VikingsFanInChennai to make noise on the leaderboard. :) 

Let me know if I got it right. Thanks for the continued participation. Note that the championship game picks count for 4 points. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Scores after Wild card round:

@jvan1973 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 4 points

@chad72 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@Solid84 4-2 with 2 margins of victories (Lions-Rams and Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 7 points

@coltsva 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 4 points

@w87r 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 6 points

@runthepost 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 5 points

@Chrisaaron1023 2-4 with 0 margin of victories correct for a total of 2 points

@Moe 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@2006Coltsbestever 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@EasyE 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 6 points

@ChuggaBeer 3-3 with 0 margin of victories correct for a total of 3 points

@VikingsFanInChennai 3-3 with 1 margin of victory correct (Lions-Rams) for a total of 5 points

AFTER DIVISIONAL ROUND:

@jvan1973 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 12 points

@chad72 6 points for 3 winners (3-1), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 11 points

@Solid84 6 points for 3 winners (3-1), 2 points for margin of victory - current total 15 points

@coltsva 2 points for 1 winner (1-3), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 6 points

@w87r 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 2 points for margin of victory - current total 16 points

@runthepost 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 13 points

@Chrisaaron1023 6 points for 3 winner (3-1), 2 points for margin of victory  - current total 10 points

@Moe 6 points for 3 winners (3-1), 2 points for margin of victory  - current total 13 points

@2006Coltsbestever 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 4 points for margin of victory - current total 17 points

@EasyE 4 points for 2 winners (2-2), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 10 points

@ChuggaBeer 4 points for 2 winners (2-0), 0 points for margin of victory - current total 7 points 

@VikingsFanInChennai 8 points for 4 winners (4-0), 2 points for margin of victory - current total 15 points

Leaderboard looks like this:

@2006Coltsbestever 17 points

@w87r 16 points

@Solid84 15 points

@VikingsFanInChennai 15 points

Excellent picking by @2006Coltsbestever and @VikingsFanInChennai to make noise on the leaderboard. :) 

Let me know if I got it right. Thanks for the continued participation. Note that the championship game picks count for 4 points. :) 

Thanks for updating everything @chad72. @w87r had a hell of a week too. He is right on me. These upcoming picks are going to be really difficult. I am scared picking against Mahomes as I brag about him all the time and I truly believe he is a top 5 QB of all-time, that SB win last season got him in that discussion anyway. I have also been rolling with the Lions all year in the NFC so nothing official yet but I will have my picks in soon.

• Like 1

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PICKS:

Chiefs at Ravens - Chiefs ran into 2 defenses that were both banged up and it gave us the mirage of them having turned around their offensive issues just like that. I don't buy it. Ravens' D will be ready. They mainly have guys who can match up with Kelce and Pacheco won't be able to run free vs Ravens like against the Bills. In all those years of Tom Brady, there was one team that physically punched his OL and team in the mouth every time and also gave him bad losses (13-28 in 2012 AFCCG in Foxboro, 17-34 loss in wild card round in 2009 etc.). Mahomes is the Brady of this generation and a few things will never change, the Ravens playing the Bradys and Mahomes of generations well at the line of scrimmage. This will be the first AFCCG game Mahomes will lose by a TD or double digits.

So Ravens with a margin of victory of 7-10

Lions at 49ers - Lions are on a roll, Campbell has them playing well. Still, their D has holes in it that can be exploited by weapons. 49ers with Purdy looked shaky vs the Packers and Deebo Samuel being out really really mattered to them but playing not to lose and dinking and dunking saved the day. If Deebo plays, which they say he will, the edge goes to the 49ers as it opens things with the playbook. Still, the Lions' OL that has been their strength last year and this, will keep the game at bay with their run-pass balance, IMO. It is truly a pick'em and I will go with the home team just because of that in a FG game.

So 49ers with a margin of victory of 1-3

A repeat of the 2012 SB. Ravens have beaten both the 49ers and Lions convincingly this year, will definitely be favored if they make the SB.

• Like 4

Chiefs @ Ravens — (4-6)

Lions @ 49’ers — (1-3)

I think the Ravens are the best AFC team this season. The Chiefs have beat up on some bad defenses in the playoffs so far - now they’ll face the top defense of the season. The Chiefs have a chance if their defense can frustrate Lamar into making mistakes.

I thought the 9’ers would win more convincingly against the Packers. If the 9’ers fall behind or the Lions can disrupt their offense they can win it. Purdy hasn’t convinced me in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NFC

Lions at 49ers = Lions 23 49ers 20 (1-3)

AFC 

Chiefs at Ravens = Chiefs 23 Ravens 24 (1-3)

Lions win the NFC, Ravens win the AFC.

I hope the Lions win - their fans deserve it so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ravens 1-3

49ers 4-6

I want Lions to win so bad. I just believe 49ers are the SB champs this year. 49ers and Ravens are the SB game IMO. I hope it's the Lions though ugh.. Lions make SB I'm putting a lot of money on them. Haha 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, EasyE said:

Ravens 1-3

49ers 4-6

I want Lions to win so bad. I just believe 49ers are the SB champs this year. 49ers and Ravens are the SB game IMO. I hope it's the Lions though ugh.. Lions make SB I'm putting a lot of money on them. Haha 

I’m going with what I want to happen, don’t have any money on this Lol to cheap, go Lions!

Just now, EasyE said:

I love it and I want lions to be there at the end.

Ravens 7-10

49ers 7-10

I hate making these picks because I want the Lions to win and Ravens. I just not a huge fan of chiefs or ravens. But I'm rooting for Lamar. I like Lamar. Going with my gut feeling and I'm waiting for SB to place any bets. Haha 

• Like 1

Bold Predictions here.

Chiefs vs Ravens 11-13

Lions vs 49ers 14-20

I guess I'm being disrespectful to both teams. But I will be in awe if KC beats the Ravens. And the Lions on the road.. i don't think they have a shot. up until Christmas before the Ravens beat the brakes off the 49ers the 49ers were beating the brakes off of everyone.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Bold Predictions here.

Chiefs vs Ravens 11-13

Lions vs 49ers 14-20

I guess I'm being disrespectful to both teams. But I will be in awe if KC beats the Ravens. And the Lions on the road.. i don't think they have a shot. up until Christmas before the Ravens beat the brakes off the 49ers the 49ers were beating the brakes off of everyone.

Hey, you never know, a lot of times, games are close till the 4th quarter and then the flood gates open against one team - a bad turnover, a quick stop followed by a quick strike and boom, you have a 2 score game. 

We all know the Bears shellacked the Saints in the NFCCG only to lose a somewhat close one to the AFC Colts in the SB we won in 2006. Then the Patriots shellacked the Colts in the 2014 AFCCG and won a close one in the SB vs the Seahawks. Each game has its own script.

• Like 2

So far so good. I was really happy with my Regular Season picks. That took a lot of time and Patience picking all the games for 18 straight weeks. Strategy too with catching injuries to players and switching at times LOL. With 10 people picking, we had some great competition going on. To share the Championship with @Moeat 173-99 has even become more satisfying as the days move on considering how tough it was to win. I won 63.6% of my games there. So far with this contest I am winning 70% of my games at 7-3 here in the Playoffs. I will take both my Regular Season and Playoff picking accuracy any day. What has made this more fun is, @chad72adding the point of margin prediction. I love this and I will miss this when it is over. I picked the Ravens vs Lions SB before the season started so I am sticking with it, can't wait for Sunday. I am having people over Sunday to watch the games, I have a 60Inch TV, only like 3 people so far. I will have plenty of alcohol as I have already stocked up. I have a 12 pack of Voo Doo Ranger which is a 9% strong IPA, 12 pack of Corona Light, and a 5th of Crown just in case anyone wants to do some shots. I also have strong Starbucks Coffee, so I bought some Baileys which will give anyone a good buzz if they want Coffee. My buddy Brent is going to order City Barbecue = enough Ribs to feed an army and Pork with Barbecue Sauce, and a ton of sides = Mash Potatoes, Mac N Cheese, Bake Beans. 

Before the season started, I put $200 on the Ravens to win the SB at +1200 odds, If I win, I win $2400 and keep my $200. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Before the season started, I put $200 on the Ravens to win the SB at +1200 odds, If I win, I win $2400 and keep my $200. 

I got +2500 odds 2 weeks after the SB ended between Chiefs and Eagles and put $100 on the Ravens. If I win, I win $2600, so that makes 2 of us rooting for the Ravens to win it all :) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I got +2500 odds 2 weeks after the SB ended between Chiefs and Eagles and put $100 on the Ravens. If I win, I win $2600, so that makes 2 of us rooting for the Ravens to win it all :) 

Yeah, you were real smart. When I put my bet in, it was after Lamar signed and was back in August so I didn't get the odds you got lmao . You played that one great. Good luck, I think we both may win this one :thmup:

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, when I made my bet back in August, Chiefs were +500, Eagles were +600, Bengals were +800, 49ers were +1000, Bills were +1200, Ravens were also +1200. So, I was like WTH, I will roll with Lamar at +1200.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, you were real smart. When I put my bet in, it was after Lamar signed and was back in August so I didn't get the odds you got lmao . You played that one great. Good luck, I think we both may win this one :thmup:

I always look at previous year's division winners or wild card round losers with an excellent defense or offense capable of winning on the road. Ravens lost a very close one to the Bengals, without Lamar last year in the wild card round. That is when I felt that their D is legit (since Roquan Smith was acquired in the middle of the season) and if not for Sam Hubbard's fumble return TD, the Ravens stood a chance versus the Bengals. 

I have NEVER bet before on a SB winner, EVER in my life. I was new to betting, had been just a year, and I was thinking along the lines of "Lamar gets a new contract soon, Flacco was seeking a new contract soon when he won it", maybe the Ravens do it with similar circumstances?? So I said WTH, and went with my gut for it, my wife didn't even know I bet on it. :) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

With only two games this week, my odds of an undefeated week have greatly increased!

Ravens by 7-10

49ers by 7-10

You can be the kiss of death with getting a lot of picks wrong, you have said it yourself.

Good chance it is a Chiefs vs Lions SB then. :)  j/k

Championship Round picks:

Lions  24  @  49ers  34  (7-10)

With Jonah Jackson out, Goff will need to do exceptionally well. I guess Lions fans know the dreaded feeling when the game keeps going away from them. I guess lot of fans overall, not only from Detroit, will shed few tears. 

Chiefs  20  @  Ravens  24  (4-6)

It'll be an awesome performance from Mahomes & co to defeat this Ravens. Thinking only Packers end up scoring more than 24 on the Chiefs @chad72

On 1/25/2024 at 2:37 PM, chad72 said:

You can be the kiss of death with getting a lot of picks wrong, you have said it yourself.

Good chance it is a Chiefs vs Lions SB then. :)  j/k

Truth be told, I picked the 49ers because I want to see the Lions in the Super Bowl! Hoping for 50% on the picks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

One final episode in two weeks, before we WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN! :lol:

Both The Regular Season picking and this Playoff picking contest has been fun. 1 more game = The SB. @Moeand I had a split Championship during the Regular Season and @w87rhas this Playoff picking contest in the bag. I thought I would at least get 1 game right yesterday but lost both which doomed me. If we do this next season, hopefully we can get 10+ people to do it again. The Regular Season is so time consuming that I was pleasantly surprised we got 10 people to do it. I will go ahead and pick the Chiefs in the SB by 4-6 points. 

• Like 2