Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New season. Same coach

Hooksalot

1 hour ago, Mick J. said:

Browns and Steelers this season. 

Joe Bastianich Ops GIF by Italia's Got Talent

Thank you @MB-ColtsFan

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Wait...what QB has played 75 % of the snaps for the Steelers?  Was it Rudolph or Trubiski (3 games each)?

Have they made the playoffs?

Browns brought in an old vet, who still hasn’t played 75% of the games. Go lay down you troll, you think you’re talking facts here but you’re to arrogant to look anything up.

p.s just because you add a snarky GIF to a message doesn’t mean you’re right about anything hahahaha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Superman said:

Delete this. Comparing Steichen/Reich is just wrong and not even close to being true. Frank Reich would've had this Colts team 2-15 at the end of the year.

If frank was the hc this year, he would have been fired mid season...... again ......and again???:thinking:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been very hard on Shane in the post game thread but even I’ll concede you can’t deny the impact Shane had on this team in a good way.  He had a good first season.  This team way over achieved what was expected of them and that was before they lost what was expected to be their new franchise QB.  You don’t do that without good coaching.  Is Shane perfect?  No, but show me a coach who is.  

• Like 2

Hey maybe you are all right.  All I know is this.  Same team as last year with a better QB.  Same results.  You want to blame Bradly, well who is the coach who kept Bradley?  Hmmmmm.  So you have a mediocre coach, surrounded by mediocre coaches, with mediocre players, a mediocre record every year.  I guess he was hired by a worse than mediocre GM.  Ballard is a joke.  And it appears Irsay loves being a mediocre owner at best.  Shane Steichen was hired to improve the team.  Same with Reich before him.  None of them have improved the team.  I don't want to hear it's his first season.  Look at the Eagles and Colts former OC.  So laugh at me, like you all did when I told you how bad Reich was.  He was hired to improve the team and has not done that.  This is the same team, with the same record, that bowed out of the playoffs in the exact same way.  Mediocre at best is what the Colts and the Colts staff are.  So in a few years when Irsay finally decides Ballard needs to go we may get a decent coach and a decent team, but until then I stand by my words.  Mediocre coach, same as last coach.  Does not have the cajones to win when needed.  Sure the defense is awful, but you blame the head coach for keeping the * on staff.  And if not fired this year it proves my point.  How any of you sat through this season and were happy is beyond me.  I expect more, but I guess the fans have gotten used to mediocrity.  Have fun with bad draft picks and little to no playoff runs.  That is what the Colts are in for the next 5 years.  Same ole, Same ole.

I think we're a 9-8 because of Steichen. He schemed around Minshew's short comings most of the season and got us here.

Was it perfect? No. Was it realistically what we could have hoped for? I think so, and probably more on top.

This game wasn't his best playcalling. Was a bit too pass-happy early and too run-happy late. A few good play action plays would've done wonders late. BUT, then we're once again relying on Minshew....

What killed us this game was poor execution - and not just because of our last play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Hooksalot said:

You all can tell me how wrong I am, but I am so tired of a coach that can beat the top teams in the NFL during the regular season and then choke last 2 games and fail to make playoffs.  Seriously, ATL and HOU and you can't beat either of them/  ATL looked like they had no game plan and were shocked ATL could actually play football.  We have had this coach the last 5 years.  And what a horrid play call on 4th an 1 with game on the line.  Give to your horse, Taylor.  Same Colts.  Same coach.  Same lame calls. .  

The arrow is pointing up for this team. The future is bright. Get on board or get off the band wagon and find another team to root for.

10 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If frank was the hc this year, he would have been fired mid season...... again ......and again???:thinking:

Frank was a HC this year. Of a team that before the season was considered better than ours and they picked their QB out of the litter and he played the full season, while ours got injured. And yes, Frank got fired again... and he would probably get fired again if given the chance to HC in the NFL, until he learns some hard lessons that he obviously didn't learn with the Colts. 

On the OP - I have no idea how we can compare what Frank was doing with what Steichen did as a rookie HC. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mick J. said:

How long has Caserio been the GM of the Texans? 

This is his third year.  They’ve been a disaster each year and coming into this year he is already in the hot seat in Houston.  He’s still not a very good GM.  He has had 5 first round picks in the past 2 years and still took him getting lucky this year with Stroud.    

43 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

This is his third year.  They’ve been a disaster each year and coming into this year he is already in the hot seat in Houston.  He’s still not a very good GM.  He has had 5 first round picks in the past 2 years and still took him getting lucky this year with Stroud.    

He's wasn't nor is he on the hot seat. GMs get about 5 years to turn a franchise around, unless their name is Chris Ballard. CB gets 10-15 I'm assuming.

Got lucky drafting Stroud? Okay, And his other picks have been solid. I guess that's why they a playoff team and the Colts aren't. 

14 hours ago, colts89 said:

I think that Ballard is a very solid drafter. But I also think he's pretty bad at everything else a GM does. Free agency decisions being the worst of it. This DB group was bad enough that Darrell Baker was somehow our CB1 to start the season. You can't tell me that they couldn't find some veteran better than Baker Jr in the offseason. I refuse to believe it lol. The skill position's groups on offense are also pretty bad and Ballard hasn't helped add any parts there via FA either. Downs looks to be good, but we don't have any special recieving threats on the roster.

Ballard's time as a Colts is directly tied to how well AR turns out to be. If Ballard doesn't equip the team with enough parts to let him shine, he's outta here.

Ballard is 50/50 on FA signings.

Baker is bad. Ebukam was great.

59 minutes ago, Mick J. said:

He's wasn't nor is he on the hot seat. GMs get about 5 years to turn a franchise around, unless their name is Chris Ballard. CB gets 10-15 I'm assuming.

Got lucky drafting Stroud? Okay, And his other picks have been solid. I guess that's why they a playoff team and the Colts aren't. 

I don’t want to say lucky either, but didn’t the Texans actually want Young? I was out on Young personally, because he’s the same height and weight as my brother, and I wouldn’t trust him to be an NFL QB, but drafting a QB is almost playing the lottery. Trevor Lawrence is good, but he doesn’t look like the next-gen Peyton or Luck as he was billed.

15 hours ago, Hooksalot said:

You all can tell me how wrong I am, but I am so tired of a coach that can beat the top teams in the NFL during the regular season and then choke last 2 games and fail to make playoffs.  Seriously, ATL and HOU and you can't beat either of them/  ATL looked like they had no game plan and were shocked ATL could actually play football.  We have had this coach the last 5 years.  And what a horrid play call on 4th an 1 with game on the line.  Give to your horse, Taylor.  Same Colts.  Same coach.  Same lame calls. .  

I guess you didn't notice the play was wide open. The play call worked the players didn't execute it. Should've been a simple pitch and catch unfortunately our backup qb failed not our coaches play call

2 hours ago, Mick J. said:

How would you know?  I live down here and listen to Houston sports radio every day.  They did not like him down here before this year.  Also yes,  drafting the consensus quarterback with the second overall pick doesn’t take a genius.  

You only say this because of hindsight.  Had Stroud been a bust you wouldn’t be saying what you say.