Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 16 All Around the NFL Game thread

NFLfan

Three more weeks to go in this NFL season. This should be a fun few days of football with a game tonight, two games on Saturday and three games on Monday (Christmas day) as well as the games on Football Sunday.

Enjoy! :fb:

Thursday, Dec 21st

8:15pm New Orleans Saints @ Los Angeles Rams

Saturday, Dec 23rd

4:30 pm Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers
8:00 pm Buffalo Bills @ Los Angeles Chargers

Sunday, Dec 24th

1:00 pm Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans

1:00 pm Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings

1:00 pm Green Bay Packers @ Carolina Panthers

1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts @ Atlanta Falcons

1:00 pm Seattle Seahawks @ Tennessee Titans

1:00 pm Washington Commanders @ New York Jets

4:05 pm Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4:25 pm Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears

4:25 pm Dallas Cowboys @ Miami Dolphins

8:15 pm New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos

Monday, Dec 25th

1:00 pm Las Vegas Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs

4:30 pm New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles

8:15 pm Baltimore Ravens @ San Francisco 49ers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@RollerColt  I read that Jamar Chase is out on Saturday.

The Bengals have been on National TV a lot this season. They were on last Saturday and again this Saturday. They have played on Thursday and Monday night too. I think they have played on Sunday night as well.

Yep. Higgins will be stepping up. 

Saints going for it cost them big time. All their momentum gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Puka is a BEAST!

96 recs and 1300 yds in his FIRST year.  A little low on touchdowns but he’s averaging 13.8yds!  

I like downs but man imagine if we had puka 

Fifth round pick producing like that is very impressive. Helps that Stafford is his QB, but his talent is easy to see.

2 hours ago, Dunk said:

Fifth round pick producing like that is very impressive. Helps that Stafford is his QB, but his talent is easy to see.

yeah, dude is going to smash the rookie yards record.  And that’s before he reaches 17 games.  Approaching the records for most 100yd games for a rookie and receptions also.  

and he dropped all because he ran a 4.56.  Let’s you know sometimes the 40 isn’t the end all be all.  Gotta give it to the rams.  I thought they were going to be bad for a while after the “F Them Picks” mantra.  But they’ve put together a good team.  Really puts in perspective of how great AR was that game

well, I’m happy we got our late round draft gem in Jaylon jones.  We needed corners more anyway lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Puka is a BEAST!

96 recs and 1300 yds in his FIRST year.  A little low on touchdowns but he’s averaging 13.8yds!  

I like downs but man imagine if we had puka 

We did a mock draft on the Vikings site that I follow. I saw Puka Nacua and thought he would be a Packer. The person who was making picks for the Packers is very knowledgeable about players, scouting, etc. He thought Puka would be a good player and selected him for the Packers. This same fan was the first to tell me about AR. He thought AR would make a great QB in the NFL. So the Colts may have a future star in AR.

• Like 3

Even by going all in in 2021, the Rams have stayed relevant because of 2 things. They have a borderline HOFame QB and a great Coach. Not to mention they still have Donald on that D Line. If Stafford would have retired after the Rams won it all, they would not be a playoff team IMO. They can rebuild while still having Stafford, what a luxury to have. They will eventually need to get another QB but should be ok for 1 or 2 more years.

• Like 1

Big AFC games this week:

#1 Ravens @ 49ers(NFC #1 seed)

Cowboys(NFC #2 seed) @ #2 Dolphins

#12 Raiders @ #3 Chiefs

#4 Jaguars @ Buccaneers(NFC #4 seed)

#8 Texans @ #5 Browns

#6 Bengals @ #10 Steelers

#7 Colts @ Falcons(NFC #10 seed)

#9 Bills @ #13 Chargers

#16 Patriots @ #11 Broncos 

• Like 2

I hope to watch some games later. This morning, two of my colleagues and I are delivering gifts to children of two families. My job bought lots of gifts for all of them. This time my job (place of employment) has gift cards for the parents. The last time I volunteered to do this, the kids opened their gifts while the mother looked on. My colleague and I felt like we should have given this mother a gift too.

I don't know these families but I love bringing smiles to the kids' faces. It should be a rewarding experience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I hope to watch some games later. This morning, two of my colleagues and I are delivering gifts to children of two families. My job bought lots of gifts for all of them. This time my job (place of employment) has gift cards for the parents. The last time I volunteered to do this, the kids opened their gifts while the mother looked on. My colleague and I felt like we should have given this mother a gift too.

I don't know these families but I love bringing smiles to the kids' faces. It should be a rewarding experience.

Good for them and you.  Giving to others can be such an amazing experience that I wish everyone would take part in a LOT more.

• Like 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

Steelers are playing a lot better than last week. So far at least. 

No doubt 

Can't believe they had to waste a timeout there. That's ridiculous, literally 1st and 10, run the ball once and take it to 2nd quarter. Easy call.

• Like 1

Im trying to figure out who to root for really. I can see pros and cons to both results.

Im leaning towards wanting the Bengals to win though to get Steelers out of the playoff race for good. Steelers win wouldnt be the worst thing in the world though of coure. What do u guys think?