Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning post playing career.

ArmchairQB

Admittedly I post this with some salt.  Although I understand Manning still lives in Denver and has some engagement with the team still it really seems like Manning goes out of his way to minimize that 14 of his 18 years was spent here.  

I don’t get the same vibe from him that I get from Saturday, Wayne, James and a lot of the other Colts greats of that era.  When he does things with the Colts it’s seems he is going through the motions.  

I understand his frustration with Irsay and the way his Colts tenure ended but it feels as though he has also disavowed the fan base and city.  

Wanted to get the thoughts of other fans around this.  I would be lying if I said it hasn’t changed my opinion of him a bit.  

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Admittedly I post this with some salt.  Although I understand Manning still lives in Denver and has some engagement with the team still it really seems like Manning goes out of his way to minimize that 14 of his 18 years was spent here.  

I don’t get the same vibe from him that I get from Saturday, Wayne, James and a lot of the other Colts greats of that era.  When he does things with the Colts it’s seems he is going through the motions.  

I understand his frustration with Irsay and the way his Colts tenure ended but it feels as though he has also disavowed the fan base and city.  

Wanted to get the thoughts of other fans around this.  I would be lying if I said it hasn’t changed my opinion of him a bit.  

Thoughts? 

He lives in Denver for one. Beautiful city with the Rocky Mountains next door. It’s a lot easier for him to stay connected with the Broncos since he’s right there. A lot of ex Colts still live in our state or have stronger connections which is why we see them more often. 

There’s been a story for years that Peyton begged Indy to keep him even with picking Luck, but we decided to move on and start a new chapter. Maybe there’s a bit of bitterness in that? Who knows. But he does still shout out to the Colts, and he’s even in a new radio commercial for gambling of all things lol. 

As time goes forward I’m sure he’ll continue to stayed connected to Indy. 

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yupp. I see this Eli brought this up a bit during Manning cast. He asked why he always referred to the Broncos as "us" he got away from by saying they haven't done a colts game yet. Lol but there has been 3 opportunities and they haven't done 1 colts game 🤣

I saw that as well.  I remember first thinking something was off in the video of him taking pictures with fans outside of LOS at his statue.  He really almost appeared annoyed that he had to do it. 

I’d like to take a moment to give this community tremendous credit over this issue.   We talk about the issue of where Manning lives at least once a year.   And while I’ve never taken a poll, it seems to me that our community seems to mostly say the following:    That, if they could, they’d live where Peyton lives too.   They’d pick the Beverly Hills of Denver over the Beverly Hills of Indianapolis.    And no one says that as a knock on Indy.   

I live in a really nice part of So Cal.  But there are other places that are even nicer and I’d move there if I could.   And that’s not a knock on where I live.  But better is better. 

I get the impression that Peyton is still very fond of Indy and the community that still loves him.   I think you read way too much into way too little.  

Just my two cents, and perhaps not worth even that much.   

• Like 3

The "Manning Cast" hasn't "done a Colts game BECAUSE the Colts haven't played a Monday Night Football game.

I prefer NOT to try to overanalyze why Peyton does or doesn't do or say.

By the way - Peyton chose to stay in Denver because he had kids who had grown up there - AND - businesses that he had established there.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 11:05 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I’d like to take a moment to give this community tremendous credit over this issue.   We talk about the issue of where Manning lives at least once a year.   And while I’ve never taken a poll, it seems to me that our community seems to mostly say the following:    That, if they could, they’d live where Peyton lives too.   They’d pick the Beverly Hills of Denver over the Beverly Hills of Indianapolis.    And no one says that as a knock on Indy.   

I live in a really nice part of So Cal.  But there are other places that are even nicer and I’d move there if I could.   And that’s not a knock on where I live.  But better is better. 

I get the impression that Peyton is still very fond of Indy and the community that still loves him.   I think you read way too much into way too little.  

Just my two cents, and perhaps not worth even that much.   

I mean… mountains > boring flat plains with windmills all day everyday. 

That said, some time you should Google image search: “French Lick Indiana Hills”.

There’s an award winning golf course that is probably one of the most stunning sights in the entire Midwest.

My part of the state is also full of varied terrain. Look up Oldenburg Indiana sometime. During the winter, we’re like a small snowy mountain village. I’m so grateful to have grown up in this area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Why is Peyton doing so many commercials. It can't be for the money. More important why Subway? Their food is not fit for dogs.

I always found it interesting that in parts of Europe, Subway’s bread is not considered bread because of all the added sugar… 

I’m quite jealous of other countries healthy food options… Where I live everything has additives and “extra” things put into food. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I always found it interesting that in parts of Europe, Subway’s bread is not considered bread because of all the added sugar… 

I’m quite jealous of other countries healthy food options… Where I live everything has additives and “extra” things put into food. 

Sugar & sodium everwhere.

22 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I'm not sure where you live,  but in the US there are plenty of options without additives if you have the money to live that lifestyle.   I find it funny that Ireland finds subway bread as a confection, but it's ok for 18 year Olds to drink.   

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not sure where you live,  but in the US there are plenty of options without additives if you have the money to live that lifestyle.   I find it funny that Ireland finds subway bread as a confection, but it's ok for 18 year Olds to drink.   

Southeastern Indiana. Sort of a food desert. We have a Kroger that has some options but nothing like a big city or surrounding suburb. I buy as much whole food groceries as I can. Fruits, vegetables, salads, raw meats and so on.

Also, as a teacher… I don’t have much money. Ultra processed foods are quite cheap, while the healthier options are more expensive. At least for us that’s how it is… but we try to manage as best we can with the options. 

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What's wrong with 18?

On 12/17/2023 at 6:14 PM, King Colt said:

Why is Peyton doing so many commercials. It can't be for the money. More important why Subway? Their food is not fit for dogs.

I will disagree with you and say it is for the money. The Manning family is financially motivated..... and nothing wrong with that. 

I remember a funny story when Peyton was injured and Eli was playing in the Super Bowl, I think in Indy?

Anyway, I think I heard he wanted financial compensation to do an interview and give his progress status.. I can't swear to that but that's what I think I heard. 

What I do know for a fact was mother Manning was giving a interview and right in the middle of it she pulled out a box of Rice A Roni and said that's what she cooks for family get togethers. haha

As far as Subway, I stopped going to them years ago. Instead, we have a Publix supermarket and their deli makes very good subs.

That is what happens when you cut the GOAT. 

He doesn't just live in Denver simply because it has a nice view; he lives there because he was cut by the Colts and that's where he last played. The view doesn't hurt. 

Even with out hindsight I thought it was a bad move cutting Manning. The Colts have paid for it. His legacy is now sadly shared with the Broncos.