Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Braden Smith Injury

dw49

7 hours ago, dw49 said:

Anyone hear anything on the severity of his knee injury ? Nice player but maybe just too brittle to earn his paycheck ?

Too brittle to earn his paycheck?  Trying to find a reason to go after another player are we.  OL get pounded all the time.  There are not many who can go the distance avoiding injury.  Eventually it happens.  That’s why depth is so important.  Need to have a good backup tackle and interior lineman.  Btw he is more than just a nice player.  He is a great player.  We’re lucky we have him.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Oh God.  Really?  Too brittle to earn his paycheck?  Trying to find a reason to go after another player are we.  OL get pounded all the time.  There are not many who can go the distance avoiding injury.  Eventually it happens.  That’s why depth is so important.  Need to have a good backup tackle and interior lineman.  Btw he is more than just a nice player.  He is a great player.  We’re lucky we have him.

I really haven't heard much about his injury, if it was serious, I think it would have been addressed by now being Tuesday afternoon. We may know by tomorrow.

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Too brittle to earn his paycheck?  Trying to find a reason to go after another player are we.  OL get pounded all the time.  There are not many who can go the distance avoiding injury.  Eventually it happens.  That’s why depth is so important.  Need to have a good backup tackle and interior lineman.  Btw he is more than just a nice player.  He is a great player.  We’re lucky we have him.

I looked up his game log and you are correct , he hasn't missed nearly as much time as I thought.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really haven't heard much about his injury, if it was serious, I think it would have been addressed by now being Tuesday afternoon. We may know by tomorrow.

Great players make A Pro Bowl. He is never going there.

If our staff believes Freeland can be good, we can move on from Smith after this season with a manageable $6M cap hit, freeing up $7.6M in cap space, and something like $16M in cap space for 2024.

This is a lot of $$ to help add 1-2 high quality free agents in areas of need.

Fries has come a long way but I don't think he is good enough as a run blocker to satisfy our needs. Our off-season will be very interesting.

3 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Shouldn't this post be moved to the NFL General forum? Brandon Smith is a LB for the Eagles. 

Excuse me as I should have said Braden .

Let's see how perfect your mind works when you're 74.

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

He was just kidding. That was actually a funny comment considering you named another NFL player by accident.

Yes.. I was just venting on the Pallo post I guess. I never , ever post that kind of crap in replying to a post. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean he got hurt.  Injuries happen.  It stinks but it happens.  I don’t get why some seem to want to pick on Smith.  He’s one of the Colts better players but he seems to be a few’s favorite target around here. 

Some people just wanna gripe

• Like 2

• w87r changed the title to Braden Smith Injury

It's really unfortunate he's had to deal with all these injuries. He's been great when healthy.

I think 2024 will be a big year for him. Raimann is eligible for a new contract in 2025 and if he's keeps playing at a top 10 level he's looking at $20+m as an LT. Then we have Raimann, Nelson and Smith with big contracts (20+, 20 and 16.5). I think that may be too much money to sink into the Oline? He's looking as the odd man out.

That's all specualtion of course and we have well over a year until that needs to be addressed.