Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week #13 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

49ers @ Eagles  

6 members have voted

1. 1. The upcoming 49ers @ Eagles game is a possible preview to the NFC Championship game, if the 2 teams get by the juggernaut Lions. Who wins this matchup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2023 at 01:00 AM

Only six more weeks left in the NFL's regular season.

This week's games are:

Thursday Night Football, Tonight,  8:15 pm EST

Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys

Sunday, December 3rd (All times Eastern)

1:00 pm Arizona Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Steelers

1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons @ New York Jets

1:00 pm Denver Broncos @ Houston Texans

1:00 pm Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints

1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans

1:00 pm Los Angeles Chargers @ New England Patriots

1:00 pm Miami Dolphins @ Washington Commanders

4:05 pm Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4:25 pm Cleveland Browns @ Los Angeles Rams

4:25 pm San Francisco 49ers @ Philadelphia Eagles

Sunday Night Football, 8:20 pm
Kansas City Chiefs @ Green Bay Packers 

Monday Night Football Dec 4th, 8:15 pm 

Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Enjoy the games!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Only six more weeks left in the NFL's regular season.

This week's games are:

Thursday Night Football, Tonight,  8:15 pm EST

Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys

Sunday, December 3rd (All times Eastern)

1:00 pm Arizona Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Steelers

1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons @ New York Jets

1:00 pm Denver Broncos @ Houston Texans

1:00 pm Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints

1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans

1:00 pm Los Angeles Chargers @ New England Patriots

1:00 pm Miami Dolphins @ Washington Commanders

4:05 pm Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4:25 pm Cleveland Browns @ Los Angeles Rams

4:25 pm San Francisco 49ers @ Philadelphia Eagles

Sunday Night Football, 8:20 pm
Kansas City Chiefs @ Green Bay Packers 

Monday Night Football Dec 4th, 8:15 pm 

Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Enjoy the games!

I’m starting Prescott over Hurts this week. I hope I don’t regret it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, w87r said:

Bland has been getting torched tonight. They are attacking him.

6 targets against 

5 rec 136yds 2TD

1 PI in the EZ to put ball on 1.

1st half stats above.

Attacked him 1 too many times.

Just picked them off.

11 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think it's going fine, not extraordinary but good enough.

I've Dak too, but no Hurts to bench :goodluck:

My opponent had Cowboys defense, who are having a bad day. 

My current matchup will decide the #1 seed as my opponent and I are both tied with 10-2 records. 

I think he's going to wipe the floor with me though. He's got: 

Stroud

Etienne

Aaron Jones

Hill

Lamb

Engram

Dell

Chargers

McManus

Dak got me 28 points at least, but Lamb has netted him 33 points. 

Breece Hall was killing it for me early, but now the offense is completely dead for the Jets. I'll have to hope Brown, Collins and Smith can each get close to 30 points for me to even have a chance... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

My current matchup will decide the #1 seed as my opponent and I are both tied with 10-2 records. 

I think he's going to wipe the floor with me though. He's got: 

Stroud

Etienne

Aaron Jones

Hill

Lamb

Engram

Dell

Chargers

McManus

Dak got me 28 points at least, but Lamb has netted him 33 points. 

Breece Hall was killing it for me early, but now the offense is completely dead for the Jets. I'll have to hope Brown, Collins and Smith can each get close to 30 points for me to even have a chance... 

I have Aaron Jones and he's missed practices all week, it will be known today but even if he's active, they're not giving him full workload. I have lost 3 weeks at least by trusting him that he'd be back to week 1 form before he got injured. That very high draft selection and roster spot seems wasted at this point, and It would be a wonder if he's back to that form this year. Maybe, he's injured all year and those hamstrings get better only after off-season. 

Good luck, anyway most important w weeks are playoffs and that's when the players have to earn those big points for us to win. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I have Aaron Jones and he's missed practices all week, it will be known today but even if he's active, they're not giving him full workload. I have lost 3 weeks at least by trusting him that he'd be back to week 1 form before he got injured. That very high draft selection and roster spot seems wasted at this point, and It would be a wonder if he's back to that form this year. Maybe, he's injured all year and those hamstrings get better only after off-season. 

Good luck, anyway most important w weeks are playoffs and that's when the players have to earn those big points for us to win. 

I drafted Jones last year, and had the same problem. I avoided him this time around. I also avoided all Bills running backs. 

Mostert was just a random, "well Mike McDaniel likes running the ball why not" moment. And I thought Breece Hall would be catching passes from Rodgers... 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I drafted Jones last year, and had the same problem. I avoided him this time around. I also avoided all Bills running backs. 

Mostert was just a random, "well Mike McDaniel likes running the ball why not" moment. And I thought Breece Hall would be catching passes from Rodgers... 

Jets are the only team who don't know how to run, even with 2 elite RBs.. and Michael Carter rb3 is good as well in passing game.

Even with bad QB play, you can still run well like Browns this year and Ravens did when Lamar was injured with third string QBs. Jets are just pathetic coaching group, didn't expect that from Robert Saleh. Maybe, a different OC hire will do or Rodgers will need to do himself.

List of NFL teams who have made use of more than 1 RB very well in same game:

Browns

Ravens

Steelers

Dolphins

Falcons

Texans

Rams

49ers

Lions

Commanders

Teams like Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Titans, Vikings, Jaguars, Bears, Eagles, Colts and Bills have had efficient run games with more than 1 RB in some games.

Jets can't even plan or execute plays for Hall to begin with. 

The moment they chose to go with Wilson in week 1 after Rodgers injury, they doomed themselves but their game plan and play book is so ineffective, it's clear they were just relying on Rodgers running plays as he wanted this season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Jets are the only team who don't know how to run, even with 2 elite RBs.. and Michael Carter rb3 is good as well in passing game.

Even with bad QB play, you can still run well like Browns this year and Ravens did when Lamar was injured with third string QBs. Jets are just pathetic coaching group, didn't expect that from Robert Saleh. Maybe, a different OC hire will do or Rodgers will need to do himself.

List of NFL teams who have made use of more than 1 RB very well in same game:

Browns

Ravens

Steelers

Dolphins

Falcons

Texans

Rams

49ers

Lions

Commanders

Teams like Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Titans, Vikings, Jaguars, Bears, Eagles, Colts and Bills have had efficient run games with more than 1 RB in some games.

Jets can't even plan or execute plays for Hall to begin with. 

The moment they chose to go with Wilson in week 1 after Rodgers injury, they doomed themselves but their game plan and play book is so ineffective, it's clear they were just relying on Rodgers running plays as he wanted this season. 

And it's becoming even more clear, that just like Adam Gase with Manning, Hackett is truly just not a good enough offensive coordinator and rode the coattails of Rodgers. 

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And it's becoming even more clear, that just like Adam Gase with Manning, Hackett is truly just not a good enough offensive coordinator and rode the coattails of Rodgers. 

Yep but, but, but....he was Rodgers' choice and he will never get fired. We will see how it shakes out in the off season. 

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep but, but, but....he was Rodgers' choice and he will never get fired. We will see how it shakes out in the off season. 

That's funny... Because Rodgers wanted a puppet, not someone who would have differences with him. Then, Rodgers is out and the puppet becomes the puppet master :funny: except the puppet can't. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That's funny... Because Rodgers wanted a puppet, not someone who would have differences with him. Then, Rodgers is out and the puppet becomes the puppet master :funny: except the puppet can't. 

He wanted someone that would run the offense he likes.  Most star qbs want the same.  Not really unique 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I voted the 49ers in the poll by the way. Eagles about to get a taste of their own medicine come Sunday.

Thanks. You're the only one besides me who answered the poll question. I don't usually vote in the polls that I put up but I checked to see if it was working since no one had voted.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I miss when the Colts, Pats, and Steelers all were dominant. From 2003-2011 in that 9 year span no other teams won the AFC other than those 3. Pats won the AFC in 2003, 2004, 2007, and 2011 Steelers in 2005, 2008, and 2010. Colts in 2006 and 2009. Every year everyone knew, it would be 1 of those 3 teams playing in the SB.

It was great because we were part of it. Ask anyone who wasn’t part of those 3, they’d wish there were fewer dominant teams :).

But then, the flip side of it, throughout the decades, there has always been at least a handful of teams playing mediocre or terrible football, it seems like. This year is no different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

49ers in total control. This was coming in my opinion. Philly has been struggling the last few weeks, escaping losses multiple times. 

This could be a needed reset for them. But it’s concerning that they are now struggling to get the ball to Brown and Smith. 

I haven't been following the Eagles closely, but I remember they beat the 9'ers bad in the playoffs last season, so...

The 49'ers are just playing better football tonight though.

• Like 2