Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts  get another lucky break next week with Browns playing jags. 

There were a few saying if we lost today, it wouldn't have been huge deal. I disagreed with that. It was a Conference/Division game, and we needed this win bad to keep up with Houston and better our chances of passing the Steelers up. We still have to stay ahead of Buffalo too. They have Josh Allen so aren't out of it. Their schedule is brutal though luckily. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There were a few saying if we lost today, it wouldn't have been huge deal. I disagreed with that. It was a Conference/Division game, and we needed this win bad to keep up with Houston and better our chances of passing the Steelers up. We still have to stay ahead of Buffalo too. They have Josh Allen so aren't out of it. Their schedule is brutal though luckily. 

All I know is the AFC top dogs are banged up and banged up in key spots. Even the chiefs look human. Gonna be a dog fight in the playoffs in the afc side as I think any of them could make a run or not. 

• Like 3

Just now, csmopar said:

All I know is the AFC top dogs are banged up and banged up in key spots. Even the chiefs look human. Gonna be a dog fight in the playoffs in the afc side as I think any of them could make a run or not. 

I love the excitement. Let's keep the streak going and make people scratch their heads on how we are doing this. I am getting a kick out of this now. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Colts.sb41 said:

I can’t remember what Holder had at the beginning of the year but he was dogging on us too.

Couldn't find his actual prediction, but he did say he wouldn't be surprised if they were at .500 after their bye week.

https://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/28096/indianapolis-colts-schedule-2023-takeaways-predictions

Bold prediction

Expectations are low, but don't be surprised if the Colts manage to get to .500 at their bye week given the teams on the early part of their schedule

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

With the way the schedules are and what is happening stroud and Minshew might sit that game. lol. 

I would take it.

QBs Colts face the rest of the way out:

Browning

Trubisky/Rudolph

Ridder/Heineke

O'Donnell

Stroud 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I would much rather have a playoff spot locked up. Oh god it’s Rudolph. What happened to Mitch?

It probably is Mitch, just wasn't thinking for the moment of that post.

Should've

Trubisky/ Rudolph(ed) it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Losing Dell is a tremendous loss for Texans…..

They are pretty loaded at WR(Nico, Brown, Woods), but Dell is a big loss.

Titus Howard loss last week might be bigger?

He is out for the season.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Dolphins 9-3, 3-1, 6-2, .393, .303 (Titans, Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

2. Ravens 9-3, 3-2, 6-3, .503, .477 (Rams, @Jaguars, @49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

*3. Jaguars 8-3, 4-1, 6-2, .553, .510 (Bengals, @Browns, Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

4. Chiefs 8-4, 3-1, 6-1, .545, .495 (Bills, Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

5. Steelers 7-5, 3-1, 5-3, .531, .506 (Patriots, @Colts, Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

6. Browns 7-5, 3-2, 5-3, .542, .524 (Jaguars, Bears, @Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

7. Colts 7-5, 3-2, 5-3, .465, .381 (@Bengals, Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Still in Hunt:

8. Texans 7-5, 1-2, 4-3, .493, .470 (@Jets, @Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

9. Broncos 6-6, 1-2, 3-5, .510, .514 (@Chargers, @Lions, Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

10. Bills 6-6, 2-2, 3-5, .462, .425 (@Chiefs, Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

*11. Bengals 5-6, 0-4, 1-6, .549, .492 (@Jaguars, Colts, Vikings, @Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

12. Chargers 5-7, 1-1, 3-4, .521, .350 (Broncos, @Raiders, Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs)

13. Raiders 5-7, 1-2, 3-5, .486, .367 (Vikings, Chargers, @Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

Not Officially Out:

14. Jets 4-8, 1-3, 2-6, .528, .542 (Texans, @Dolphins, Commanders, @Browns, @Patriots)

15. Titans 4-8, 0-3, 2-6, .507, .362 (@Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

16. Patriots 2-10, 2-2, 2-5, .531, .417 (@Steelers, Chiefs, @Broncos, @Bills, Jets) 

Will update  SoS + SoV, MNF

Colts are still in the playoffs, let's keep it that way.

Updated after SNF.

Also updated SoS + SoV

• Like 2

Just not as impressed with the AFC as I thought I would be. Injuries obviously have a lot to do with that, but that’s football. Miami probably the scariest to me, but that’s probably more coming from a Colts matchup perspective. There’s no one that really looks to be hands down better than this Colts team to me. So many log jammed in the playoff race on the AFC side. Chiefs looked bad tonight, imo. They haven’t looked as good as years past. Defense is tough and they have played (and won) quite a few tough games on their schedule. But it isn’t the same feel this year. 

The 49ers, on the other hand. Looked like a dominant football team against what everyone thought was the best team in football. Feels like the nfc’s year and a perfect situation for some upsets on the afc side come January. 

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 9 week 13
1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Just not as impressed with the AFC as I thought I would be. Injuries obviously have a lot to do with that, but that’s football. Miami probably the scariest to me, but that’s probably more coming from a Colts matchup perspective. There’s no one that really looks to be hands down better than this Colts team to me. So many log jammed in the playoff race on the AFC side. Chiefs looked bad tonight, imo. They haven’t looked as good as years past. Defense is tough and they have played (and won) quite a few tough games on their schedule. But it isn’t the same feel this year. 

The 49ers, on the other hand. Looked like a dominant football team against what everyone thought was the best team in football. Feels like the nfc’s year and a perfect situation for some upsets on the afc side come January. 

I think the Chiefs miss Bieniemy.

Matt Nagy isn't doing to well in his return.

• Like 1

Will post this here, as I feel it is a big component of why the Patriots will give the Steelers all they can handle this week.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/patriots-have-achieved-offensive-incompetence-unseen-since-1938-chicago-cardinals

New England has lost its last three games by scores of 10-6, 10-7 and 6-0. That makes the Patriots the first team since the 1938 Chicago Cardinals to lose three straight games while allowing 10 or fewer points in all three of them.

That NE defense playing good football. Can't see Pittsburgh putting up to many points on them.

Yeah, I spun the Patriots ineptitude, to a positive and frankly, I feel....

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

About it.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Will post this here, as I feel it is a big component of why the Patriots will give the Steelers all they can handle this week.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/patriots-have-achieved-offensive-incompetence-unseen-since-1938-chicago-cardinals

That NE defense playing good football. Can't see Pittsburgh putting up to many points on them.

Yeah, I spun the Patriots ineptitude, to a positive and frankly, I feel....

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

About it.

I personally would love to see a Steelers - Pats 0-0 tie with their names attached to the title "worst professional football game ever played". 

Also, GO BENGALS!

If Jags get upset tonight, guess who's right back in the race for the division title LOL... 

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I personally would love to see a Steelers - Pats 0-0 tie with their names attached to the title "worst professional football game ever played". 

Also, GO BENGALS!

If Jags get upset tonight, guess who's right back in the race for the division title LOL... 

I commented this on a YouTube video. The Colts aren’t out of the division race and shouldn’t act like it. Yes they’re 2 games behind but why act like the division is lost? Aim high. 

5 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I commented this on a YouTube video. The Colts aren’t out of the division race and shouldn’t act like it. Yes they’re 2 games behind but why act like the division is lost? Aim high. 

Yep. 

Jags play the Bengals tonight, then Browns, Ravens, Bucs, Panthers and finally Titans. 

There could be a couple of losses in there, especially against the Ravens.