Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 9 Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

No but I heard from some Bills fans that he took them Cincy medical team out for dinner this week. What a class act that young man is

He not only did that....

....he also set up scholarship funds in each of their names.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bills just don't have it. Bengals and Ravens are both for real, along with the Chiefs.

The NFL is a cruel mistress.  I think the Bills missed their chance when blew the lead in KC a few years ago with less than a minute to go.  Since then the Bengals have clearly surpassed them as the second best team in the AFC and they are in danger of falling further down those rankings with the Ravens, Jags, and Phish on the rise.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The NFL is a cruel mistress.  I think the Bills missed their chance when blew the lead in KC a few years ago with less than a minute to go.  Since then the Bengals have clearly surpassed them as the second best team in the AFC and they are in danger of falling further down those rankings with the Ravens, Jags, and Phish on the rise.

Yeah, Bills had their chance from 2020 - 2022, I just don't see it now. Windows are small. Chiefs, Ravens, and Bengals are clearly better, at least IMO.

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

TOUCHDOWN! 

7-0

@NFLfan Our new TE Irv Smith Jr. caught the pass. I believe he was a Viking correct?

He was. I was never a fan of Irv. I hope he works out for the Bengals but he did not do much for the Vikes. I think he was a 2nd round pick.

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The last time that the Vikes played in Atlanta, I took a trip to Georgia to visit may sister and her husband went with me to the game.  The two teams play again today. I wish I could be there. My sister is with her husband at Hilton Head this weekend. I would have had to go alone. Oh well. Hope we win.

Skol!

Assassins Creed Thank You GIF by Ubisoft Nederland

Was The last game Vikings played in Atlanta the one when Jet McKinnon caught a TD and danced Dirty Birds? Or was that too long back? Probably another game was played in Atlanta since then with Cousins as QB?  For some reason, don't remember that game probably in '19 or '20?

I was following game, and am glad to have Dobbs as the QB even though Hall played well in initial drive. I have no clue how Dobbs went to two different teams this season after completing off-season practices in another third franchise and both times he was able to pick brand new different offensive schemes and play calls, etc., and go on to perform well for his new teams?! He's been phenomenal this year.

I hope he gets the Comeback player of the Year Award.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why isn't Dobbs starting? Hilton head is nice. I have been there once; it was a long time ago.

I thought he wouldn't have time to pick the offense, play call, communication and chemistry but here he is doing it again with 2 different teams... That's some brilliant mind. 

17 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Was The last game Vikings played in Atlanta the one when Jet McKinnon caught a TD and danced Dirty Birds?

I don't recall that. It may have been, as that was Jet's last year with us.  Keenum was the QB in the game I attended. It was in December of 2017. It was a close game, low-scoring game, IIRC. GA Skol and his wife were in the section next to mine. He was in Row 2 and I was in Row 5.  I actually walked right past him, as a woman seated next to him, called me over to take pictures. She works with my sister. I did not say anything to him. Just_Rob told me to look out for him and told me what he was wearing. Lol. Vikes won.

I met DN writer Thompson at Met Life Stadium a few years ago when the Vikings were playing in NY.  My friend the season ticket holder invited me to the game. Vikes won.

The only game I have been to that the Vikes lost was in DC, against Cousins of all people. Bradford threw an interception to seal the game for Washington.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I have no clue how Dobbs went to two different teams this season after completing off-season practices in another third franchise and both times he was able to pick brand new different offensive schemes and play calls, etc., and go on to perform well for his new teams?! He's been phenomenal this year.

He is a rocket scientist. It is true. According to reports, Dobbs was an Academic All-American and had a 4.0 GPA in Engineering. I remember reading about him a few years ago. You know I like intelligent players (I'm a Stanford football fan :) ). According to KOC, he was picking up plays so quickly. Early on in the game, he looked lost, understandably. But he got better as the game went on.

I don't know if you have a subscription to the Athletic. Great article.

https://theathletic.com/5035267/2023/11/06/josh-dobbs-vikings-falcons?source=user-shared-article

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Jet and Chargers game is on. Chargers are already up 7-0. I missed the start.

After a couple of 3 & outs to start the game, the Chargers scored on a punt return.

Chargers WR Keenan Allen is about 60 receiving yards away from  10,000 for his career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

After a couple of 3 & outs to start the game, the Chargers scored on a punt return.

Chargers WR Keenan Allen is about 60 receiving yards away from  10,000 for his career.

Allen and Ekeler are underrated. Allen is great.

43 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't recall that. It may have been, as that was Jet's last year with us.  Keenum was the QB in the game I attended. It was in December of 2017. It was a close game, low-scoring game, IIRC. GA Skol and his wife were in the section next to mine. He was in Row 2 and I was in Row 5.  I actually walked right past him, as a woman seated next to him, called me over to take pictures. She works with my sister. I did not say anything to him. Just_Rob told me to look out for him and told me what he was wearing. Lol. Vikes won.

I met DN writer Thompson at Met Life Stadium a few years ago when the Vikings were playing in NY.  My friend the season ticket holder invited me to the game. Vikes won.

The only game I have been to that the Vikes lost was in DC, against Cousins of all people. Bradford threw an interception to seal the game for Washington.

Yeah, that was the Atlanta game then. It was a good game, would've been treat to be in person.

Eric Thompson is a good writer, does he still write for DN?

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He is a rocket scientist. It is true. According to reports, Dobbs was an Academic All-American and had a 4.0 GPA in Engineering. I remember reading about him a few years ago. You know I like intelligent players (I'm a Stanford football fan :) ). According to KOC, he was picking up plays so quickly. Early on in the game, he looked lost, understandably. But he got better as the game went on.

I don't know if you have a subscription to the Athletic. Great article.

https://theathletic.com/5035267/2023/11/06/josh-dobbs-vikings-falcons?source=user-shared-article

That makes sense why Dobbs is able to handle it well... It's awesome that he's got chance to start for games all this year, being a veteran of 7 years. I liked him in the Cardinals early season games, pointed out that he made Cardinals play competitive. He's got some fumbling issues, and may throw an ill-timed interception but he's got heart to compete all 60 minutes and has intelligence & game awareness to keep the game alive. Vikings season looks promising.

Saints coming week will be a tough test, as that defense is awesome in pass coverage, they can make you pay for slight over/under throws. Good thing it's played in Minnesota. I think KOC scheme will be beneficial to Dobbs' progress in his career. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I needed 17+ fantasy points from Chargers defense to win the matchup which I thought was impossible, and they've already locked up 13 points due to the return TD and 2 fumble recoveries. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I thought that may have been a penalty. They seemed to drive Herbert to the ground.

Not sure what exactly the rules are...

But this year, refs don't seem to look too much into whether the pass rushers put weight on the QB or drive them hard to the ground...

They probably are mainly checking helmet hits during the sack/hits. 

10 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Saints coming week will be a tough test, as that defense is awesome in pass coverage, they can make you pay for slight over/under throws.

Cam Jordan is a thorn on our side. His father played many years for the Vikes. Cam plays against us as if he is angry we did not draft him. Lol.

13 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Eric Thompson is a good writer, does he still write for DN?

I don't think so. I have not seen an article by him in a while.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Cam Jordan is a thorn on our side. His father played many years for the Vikes. Cam plays against us as if he is angry we did not draft him. Lol.

I don't think so. I have not seen an article by him in a while.

Yeah, Cam Jordan always plays well.. Davenport is in IR, otherwise he could've played against Saints 

Vikings HC has said QB Nick Mullens is designated to return soon, so we may not have too much concerns at QB position this year.

KJ Osborn suffered concussion, it seems. I thought it was some other injury too 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah, Cam Jordan always plays well.. Davenport is in IR, otherwise he could've played against Saints 

Vikings HC has said QB Nick Mullens is designated to return soon, so we may not have too much concerns at QB position this year.

KJ Osborn suffered concussion, it seems. I thought it was some other injury too 

Cam Akers sustained an Achilles injury. I think he is out for the season. He was the emergency QB yesterday. Had Dobbs gotten hurt, maybe KOC would have had to suit up and play QB.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Cam Akers sustained an Achilles injury. I think he is out for the season. He was the emergency QB yesterday. Had Dobbs gotten hurt, maybe KOC would have had to suit up and play QB.

Oh.. I didn't see Akers injury. Hopefully, he's alright by start of next season and he'll be a a free agent too. Good luck to him, after having lot of disputes with Rams coaches over the playing time and injuries, he'll not be sought out that much in free agency and maybe Vikings can get him back on a reasonable low tier deal. 

He played QB for a snap yesterday and got sacked? That's what stat sheet indicates. 

12 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

He played QB for a snap yesterday and got sacked? That's what stat sheet indicates. 

I did not see or hear about that. I wonder when that happened.

Btw, you the Chargers D/ST must have scored quite a bit for you. They had a fumble recovery just a little while ago and the defender almost scored a TD.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I did not see or hear about that. I wonder when that happened.

Btw, you the Chargers D/ST must have scored quite a bit for you. They had a fumble recovery just a little while ago and the defender almost scored a TD.

Yes, I thought yesterday that the fantasy matchup was long lost. And, Chargers defense got 36 points (probably the highest for this week, just above the surprise Raiders who got 33 points) .. I won the matchup by 20 points in the end.

In another matchup, my opponent had Zach Wilson and Jets defense while I led by 40 points, which I managed to hold on to 15-point win as well.

Both these performances were bad from my end, but my opponents had even worse day. 

I lost the Colts forum fantasy matchup though, just not the day for my players this week there. 

• Like 1

• NFLfan unpinned and unfeatured this topic