6. Arizona Cardinals- Marvin Harrison Jr

7. Green Bay Packers-Amarious Mims OT

8. LA Chargers- Laiatu Latu DE

9. Tennessee Titans- Kool-aid McKinstrey CB

10. New Orleans Saints- Brock Bowers TE

11. Las Vegas Raiders- Chop Robinson DE

12. Minnesota Vikings-Graham Burton OG/OT 

13.*Atlanta Falcons- JJ McCarthy QB 

*Colts get 1st, 3rd and 3rd (Jaguars conditional pick)

14. Washington- Taliese Fuaga OT

15. LA Rams- Kalen King

16. Arizona Cardinals- Jer'Zhan Newton DL

17. New York Jets- Malik Nabers WR

18. Cincinnati Bengals- Keon Coleman WR

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Rome Odunze WR

20. Indianapolis Colts- Sedrick Van Pran C Georgia 6'4 310lbs 

2nd Xavier Worthy WR Texas 6'1 170lbs 

3rd Tommy Eichenberg LB Ohio State 6'2 240lbs 

3rd Kris Abrams-Draine CB Missouri 5'11 170lbs 

3rd Donovan Edwards RB Michigan 6'1 209lbs 

2 hours ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

1. Chicago Bears- Caleb Williams QB

*Justin Fields to the Saints for a 2nd

2.*New England Patriots- Drake Maye QB

*Cardinals get a 1st and 2023 &2024 2nd

3. Chicago Bears- Jared Verse DE

4. Denver Broncos- Joe Alt OT

5. New York Giants- Olu Fashsnu OT

15. LA Rams- Kalen King

Thanks for the early effort.  

I REALLY think we are going to be at or around .500, not 20s(I hope you are right)

I REALLY think we need an alpha WR in round 1

Someone that demands a double team, every play

That double team opens up Pitt and Josh downs to not get double coverage

It MIGHT cause the defense to run nickle on most downs......  Can you imagine how many MORE yards our two RBs would get without the dreaded "box"

One player, and health, and THIS team could be top 5 offense

If your mock draft lays out like this

The Colts who will be drafting 15-17 (My guess) will get a shot at one of theses 3 Alpha WR types

Keon Coleman and Rome Odunze are having awesome seasons, and should (Maybe) be a good pro

I also think we should be adding at least 1 CB early as well as a LB 

Thanks again

I think this is overdrafting the IOL.  Fries is coming along well IMO, and I see maybe a 3rd or 4th round IOL to give us a better depth/succession option.  I agree with @MikeCurtis that a primo WR is a good option, and I've been pretty disappointed with Rodney Thomas, so a play-making FS is also a top consideration for me.  Also, I hate to say it, but we HAVE to cut Leonard this offseason.  He's set to count almost $20 million against the cap next year vs. $8 million dead money.  Saving $12 million helps us keep MJP, etc.  That, coupled with EJ Speed's somewhat disappointing LB play, makes an all-round LB an early option too...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archer said:

I think this is overdrafting the IOL.  Fries is coming along well IMO, and I see maybe a 3rd or 4th round IOL to give us a better depth/succession option.  I agree with @MikeCurtis that a primo WR is a good option, and I've been pretty disappointed with Rodney Thomas, so a play-making FS is also a top consideration for me.  Also, I hate to say it, but we HAVE to cut Leonard this offseason.  He's set to count almost $20 million against the cap next year vs. $8 million dead money.  Saving $12 million helps us keep MJP, etc.  That, coupled with EJ Speed's somewhat disappointing LB play, makes an all-round LB an early option too...

I am keeping my fingers crossed on Leonard, that he can pick it up..... but if he stays the same even with slight improvement, he is J.A.G.  (Just another guy) absolutely NOT worth his contract

Also agree on FS............Somehow we need a playmaking FS...... 

This is an area that you can trade for, and not be too expensive

We MAY also need another  DE

The "word" is that you need to draft early a LT, DE, and QB, until you get them

We have 2 of 3, and I dont see a stud DE that will fall to us in the draft.....

I may catch flack, but I would be in the running to give up a 3rd or 2 thirds to get Chase Young or Sweat

Both are getting great pressure levels this year.

23 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for the early effort.  

I REALLY think we are going to be at or around .500, not 20s(I hope you are right)

I REALLY think we need an alpha WR in round 1

Someone that demands a double team, every play

That double team opens up Pitt and Josh downs to not get double coverage

It MIGHT cause the defense to run nickle on most downs......  Can you imagine how many MORE yards our two RBs would get without the dreaded "box"

One player, and health, and THIS team could be top 5 offense

If your mock draft lays out like this

The Colts who will be drafting 15-17 (My guess) will get a shot at one of theses 3 Alpha WR types

Keon Coleman and Rome Odunze are having awesome seasons, and should (Maybe) be a good pro

I also think we should be adding at least 1 CB early as well as a LB 

Thanks again

Appreciate the read and comments.... 

Maybe I'm jaded, and want to rebel against everything Reich likes. I'm ok with having some small guys just look around the league Dolphins, 49ers and Eagles don't have WR1 or 2 that are 6'3. I look at Worthy like a tall version of Marquise Brown/TerryMcLaurin. A guy that only needs 4 or 5 targets but can be a game breaker. I do agree that we would have to scheme him open until he gets his NFL weight but with AR arm I think he could be the ghost 2.0

9 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Id be interested to your reasoning behind taking Van Pran in yhe 1st round.

Also unless Miss isn’t going to be back next year, I wouldn’t be taking a RB that early.

Lets discuss

I think Ryan Kelly has rehabilitate his trade value (I'm looking at you Washington the team with the most sacks so far, new ownership and probably need to invest in a rookie QB). With 1 year left, I feel like its a good time to put him somewhere far away from this place where he may have emotional baggage and get some kind of value for him.

Its going to be a tough RB market this Off-season with all the names that may be available but I do think he has played well enough to out price himself as our backup RB

14 hours ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Appreciate the read and comments.... 

Maybe I'm jaded, and want to rebel against everything Reich likes. I'm ok with having some small guys just look around the league Dolphins, 49ers and Eagles don't have WR1 or 2 that are 6'3. I look at Worthy like a tall version of Marquise Brown/TerryMcLaurin. A guy that only needs 4 or 5 targets but can be a game breaker. I do agree that we would have to scheme him open until he gets his NFL weight but with AR arm I think he could be the ghost 2.0

Thanks for the reply

A WR1 can be shorter and still be an alpha WR (Like the Eagles and Dolphins) someone that the DC has to account for .....We need that, especially when AR5 comes back and can throw deep.

Olave is like this.....  Garret Wilson is like this.......

The top offenses seem to be consistent in having at least 1 alpha WR, some have 2.

Great picks CAN come from round 2, but the more a player is "blue chip" the higher they get drafted.

We do need to keep adding to our DL and OL, but a playmaker seem like JUST what the doctor ordered

On 10/26/2023 at 6:26 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the Colts, I think we should go Corner. Kalen King and Kamari Lassiter both are out there. Both look like they could go mid 1st round. We need a #1 corner.

Our base defense is zone so I just don't know about investing a 1st in a corner to cover space vs a corner locking down a WR you know.... 

On 10/26/2023 at 6:38 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Look at these QB's coming out, assuming Caleb Williams comes out:

1. Caleb Williams - USC

2. Drake Maye - North Carolina

3. Michael Penix - Washington

4. Bo Nix - Oregon

5. J.J. McCarthy - Michigan

6. Quinn Ewers - Texas

-this draft is loaded with good-great QB's.

Yes moving down could be a option depending how the season plays out. I got my eye on JJ McCarthy to the Raiders since Tom Brady got a slither of ownership 

22 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for the reply

A WR1 can be shorter and still be an alpha WR (Like the Eagles and Dolphins) someone that the DC has to account for .....We need that, especially when AR5 comes back and can throw deep.

Olave is like this.....  Garret Wilson is like this.......

The top offenses seem to be consistent in having at least 1 alpha WR, some have 2.

Great picks CAN come from round 2, but the more a player is "blue chip" the higher they get drafted.

We do need to keep adding to our DL and OL, but a playmaker seem like JUST what the doctor ordered

Fact check this but read it somewhere 

"aside, it's interesting to note that

the 2024 Colts Cap has 40% of money tied up in O and D line, with only 4% on WR and 8% on secondary"

Investing picks to churn/turn this cap hold is one way to get cheaper in these areas.

But we seen what a no.1 WR has done for Hurts, Allen etc. So I'm not opposed to getting the right guy especially when you look at those trades. As of right now I don't see a Lamb, McLaurin or a Justin Jefferson becoming available so AR shot maybe in the 1st round 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:09 AM, Archer said:

Appreciate the read and comments 1st off

I look at Ryan Kelly the same as you are looking at Shaq Leonard.... but Kelly has revamp his value and I think we can get something out of a trade for him. Van Pran experience, championship pedigree and nastiness in the run game can continue our mantra of RTDB.

As far as WR goes said it before but its a handful of WR coming out every year making impacts on their team.... But we seen what a no.1 WR has done for Hurts, Allen etc. So I'm not opposed to getting the right guy especially when you look at those trades. As of right now I don't see a Lamb, McLaurin or a Justin Jefferson becoming available so AR shot maybe in the 1st round. 

I have cooled off on the safeties especially if we intend to bring back Blackmon (Rodney was drafted late and has exceeded my expectations now if you said Cross I would agree and I have questions about the pick)

Here is a trade idea I had for Shaq on another website 

Shaq Leonard (pay most salary so Bills would only be paying veteran minimum)

For a conditional 2024 compensatory 3rd ( will turn to a 4th if Bills don't make AFC championship game)

Logic

Shaq will have a great DLine in front of him and his range should help this defense tremendously after the loss of Matt Milano.

Colts do right by Shaq giving him a chance to win a ring we also recoup some draft value and free up cash for the future.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Appreciate the read and comments 1st off

I look at Ryan Kelly the same as you are looking at Shaq Leonard.... but Kelly has revamp his value and I think we can get something out of a trade for him. Van Pran experience, championship pedigree and nastiness in the run game can continue our mantra of RTDB.

As far as WR goes said it before but its a handful of WR coming out every year making impacts on their team.... But we seen what a no.1 WR has done for Hurts, Allen etc. So I'm not opposed to getting the right guy especially when you look at those trades. As of right now I don't see a Lamb, McLaurin or a Justin Jefferson becoming available so AR shot maybe in the 1st round. 

I have cooled off on the safeties especially if we intend to bring back Blackmon (Rodney was drafted late and has exceeded my expectations now if you said Cross I would agree and I have questions about the pick)

Here is a trade idea I had for Shaq on another website 

Shaq Leonard (pay most salary so Bills would only be paying veteran minimum)

For a conditional 2024 compensatory 3rd ( will turn to a 4th if Bills don't make AFC championship game)

Logic

Shaq will have a great DLine in front of him and his range should help this defense tremendously after the loss of Matt Milano.

Colts do right by Shaq giving him a chance to win a ring we also recoup some draft value and free up cash for the future.

What do you think?

Respectfully, I think the secret is out to the league on Shaq, I personally dont see anyone giving up anything for a guy who has lost a step, and is clearly a shell of the old self.

His Salary is prohibitive to anyone looking for someone that appears to be washed up. (IMHO)

I think Shaq will be long gone in the offseason. As a cut.

I TRULY hope that I am wrong...........

I traded 2024 1st & 2nd Rd picks, plus a 2025 1st & 4th Rd picks for 2024 #3 Pick overall.  That may seem like too much for it, but I truly would love to have MHJ on the Colts and he could help any QB succeed.

3. Marvin Harrison Jr. , WR Ohio State

84. Braelon Allen, RB Wisconsin

117. Cameron Ward, QB Washington State

123. Terrion Arnold, CB Alabama

143. Brandon Coleman, OG TCU

148. T'Vondre Sweat, DT Texas

174. Anthony Belton, OT NC State

On 10/25/2023 at 3:52 PM, Mr. Too Proud said:

1. Chicago Bears- Caleb Williams QB

*Justin Fields to the Saints for a 2nd

2.*New England Patriots- Drake Maye QB

*Cardinals get a 1st and 2023 &2024 2nd

3. Chicago Bears- Jared Verse DE

4. Denver Broncos- Joe Alt OT

5. New York Giants- Olu Fashsnu OT

15. LA Rams- Kalen King

No way Arizona is trading back. They r dumping Murray. They can get rid of him with little to now damage after this year.

16 hours ago, IndyColtsFan411 said:

I traded 2024 1st & 2nd Rd picks, plus a 2025 1st & 4th Rd picks for 2024 #3 Pick overall.  That may seem like too much for it, but I truly would love to have MHJ on the Colts and he could help any QB succeed.

U do realize there are other wrs in the draft so why give up a boat load for this guy?? People juat think because his dad played for Indy, they are going to go hard after him

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No way Arizona is trading back. They r dumping Murray. They can get rid of him with little to now damage after this year.

Where did you learn Arizona can get rid of Murray for little to no damage?   Honestly, the opposite is true.  

It was written when the Cardinals signed Murray that his contract is going to be very hard to trade.   For example the dead cap hits for 24, 25 and 26 are…. $81m, then $33m and then $20m.   Spotrac projects the soonest the Cards might be able to get out might be 27 or 28.    They’ve put themselves in contract Hell.   Is it impossible?    Perhaps not.   But it might take a small miracle and a desperate team to make it happen.   It’s a long shot. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Where did you learn Arizona can get rid of Murray for little to no damage?   Honestly, the opposite is true.  

It was written when the Cardinals signed Murray that his contract is going to be very hard to trade.   For example the dead cap hits for 24, 25 and 26 are…. $81m, then $33m and then $20m.   Spotrac projects the soonest the Cards might be able to get out might be 27 or 28.    They’ve put themselves in contract Hell.   Is it impossible?    Perhaps not.   But it might take a small miracle and a desperate team to make it happen.   It’s a long shot. 

So what you're saying is: 

The Cards will either be shopping their 1st yet again, or they'll be picking one of the top lineman or DEs. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

To trade yes, but i believe if they cut him the cost is not that much

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U do realize there are other wrs in the draft so why give up a boat load for this guy?? People juat think because his dad played for Indy, they are going to go hard after him

Yes, that is why I did the mock draft.  That is what it took to get him, I tried 4 others before it worked.  Not saying the Colts should do this, but it is an exercise in options.  

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

So what you're saying is: 

The Cards will either be shopping their 1st yet again, or they'll be picking one of the top lineman or DEs. 

I don’t pretend to know what the Cards will do?   I think they’re stuck in a situation if they’re own making.   

56 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t pretend to know what the Cards will do?   I think they’re stuck in a situation if they’re own making.   

I agree. I hope for their sake when Murray is able to reach his pre-injury level of success. Probably not this year, but maybe next.

44 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

They can take the cap in 2024 if they get a rookie. What is their dead money again for 2025?

$80 mill in 24.  

$33 mill in 25.  

$20 mill in 26. 

Im not saying the Cards won’t take a QB in the draft.   I just don’t know what they’ll do with Murray.   If he’s not playing he has great potential to be a big distraction.  

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

$80 mill in 24.  

$33 mill in 25.  

$20 mill in 26. 

Im not saying the Cards won’t take a QB in the draft.   I just don’t know what they’ll do with Murray.   If he’s not playing he has great potential to be a big distraction.  

i know it is a lot but you could probably absorb it after 2024

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

$80 mill in 24.  

$33 mill in 25.  

$20 mill in 26. 

Maybe the Vikings, if they want to part with Cousins, give them a Day 2 pick with a re-work of Murray's contract for a fresh start for everyone and give him the same money over 4 years (2024-27) with the same guaranteed money spread out??

On 10/29/2023 at 6:22 AM, IndyColtsFan411 said:

Devil advocate... if he's everything he's supposed to be... I wouldn’t be mad at trading up... maybe not what you have here but when you think of big WR trades... Diggs, Adams, etc normally you have to factor in a major contract... MHJ would be on his rookie deal

• Like 1

So, this being an exercise in options, I traded back from #7 twice to pick up a few extra picks and only sliding back to #12.  I picked Bowers, not because we need another TE, but to use as a larger WR, which is how several "experts" have described him.  Opinions?

12. Brock Bowers, TE Georgia

41. Tyler Nubin, S Minnesota

43. Jordan Morgan, OT Arizona

74. Jack Sawyer, EDGE Ohio State

79. Max Melton, CB Rutgers

105. Zak Zinter, OG Michigan

136. T'Vondre Sweat, DT Texas

167. Cam Hart, CB Notre Dame

203. Payton Wilson, LB NC State

Falcons have the Jaguars 3rd round pick for Ridley.

I would say, move slightly back with the Falcons (from 9th to say 12th), get the Falcons' 3rd round pick, to get an additional Day 2 pick.

Then, draft:

Round 1: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU (will be a better Pro than Odunze, IMO)

Round 2: T.J. Tampa, CB, Iowa State, another long press coverage corner candidate like Brents

Round 3: Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia, outstanding slot route runner to add to Josh Downs, track background

Round 3 (Falcons pick): Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson, can play anywhere from 1-tech to 5-tech

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't get a WR as I think we will / should get an experienced WR in FA (Mike Evans, Ridley, Higgins)

20. Cooper DeJean, CB Iowa

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 195

After a 2022 campaign that saw him put up five picks, eight PBUs, and three pick-sixes, Cooper DeJean is riding high as a potential Round 1 selection.

He’s a cornerback, but at 6’1″, 209 pounds, DeJean looks more like a safety. In support, he looks like a linebacker — not only slabbing DBs and deconstructing blocks but also maintaining gap discipline and surging inside for tackles.

Don’t let that support ability fool you, either. DeJean is a truly complete player. One of his best traits is his smooth, high-octane coverage athleticism for his size and his rare natural playmaking instincts. - Ian Cummings, 9/8/2023

47. Brandon Dorlus, EDGE Oregon

Height: 6 - 3 | Weight: 291

Built like a combination between a defensive tackle and edge defender, Brandon Dorlus uses every bit of his 6'3", 278-pound frame. His strength at the point of attack is excellent, already capable of handling his own at the next level. But the surprising part of Dorlus' game is his agility and well-rounded nature as a technician.

Dorlus is patient in his attack and will exploit the weaknesses of his blocker, whether it's splitting blockers with a sidestep, moving down the line and keeping his gap integrity, or winning with an inside swim move. He brings a high level of activity, and his power should help him see time as a 3-4 end early in his career. - Ian Valentino, 8/22/2023

49. Tyler Nubin, S Minnesota

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 210

In 2022 as a senior Nubin saw action in 11 games while playing 569 snaps. He logged 43 tackles, 9 assists, and made 20 stops. In coverage Nubin had 4 pass breakups, 4 interceptions, and surrendered an outstanding QB rating when targetted of 41.3.

111. Braelon Allen, RB Wisconsin

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 238

Has elite overall size, and will be just 20 years old as an NFL rookie.

Can easily absorb and bounce off solo hits with his tightly-packed midsection.

High-level goal-line back with his size and mass, and can plow through the trenches.

-Ian Cummings 9/6/23

145. Omar Speights, LB LSU

Height: 6 - 1 | Weight: 235

Omar Speights logged over 300 total tackles in his career at Oregon State, before transferring to LSU. He's been underrated across that entire span, and he's one of the 2024 NFL Draft's biggest sleepers.

At 6'1", 237 pounds, Speights is a rocked-up second-level defender with impressive mass. That mass amounts to great play strength both as a block destructor and a tackler. But Speights also brings quality burst, range, and short-area agility as a coverage defender, and he's very instinctive when managing the middle of the field. -Ian Cummings 9/6/23

176. Anthony Belton, OT NC State

Height: 6 - 5 | Weight: 336

A gifted athlete, Belton will be a household name next spring. He checks every box scouts look for in a left tackle. He is a knee bender, explosive off the line and has an NFL-ready body. His length showed up on film and Belton keeps his pad level low for a bigger tackle. Belton has a pop in his hands that jolts defenders in pass protection. In the run game, Belton displayed the ability to get to the 2nd level with ease. He is excellent when asked to work in space and does a good job of sealing off defenders. It is hard to find coordinated athletes, who have length and natural power. Belton has all three, which is why he projects as an excellent starting left tackle at the next level. As Belton improves his hand placement and angles, he will be an elite prospect. Expect Belton to be among the biggest risers next fall.

2025 MIN 3rd

On 11/21/2023 at 4:31 PM, IndyColtsFan411 said:

20. Cooper DeJean, CB Iowa

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 195

After a 2022 campaign that saw him put up five picks, eight PBUs, and three pick-sixes, Cooper DeJean is riding high as a potential Round 1 selection.

He’s a cornerback, but at 6’1″, 209 pounds, DeJean looks more like a safety. In support, he looks like a linebacker — not only slabbing DBs and deconstructing blocks but also maintaining gap discipline and surging inside for tackles.

Don’t let that support ability fool you, either. DeJean is a truly complete player. One of his best traits is his smooth, high-octane coverage athleticism for his size and his rare natural playmaking instincts. - Ian Cummings, 9/8/2023

I am also in the belief that Cooper is a Safety. I’d draft him and let him start at FS, but I’d be moving him around all the time. The only thing that worries me is we’ve seen those “do it all” defensive players get a lot of hype and not pan out. Jabril Peppers and Isaiah Simmons come to mind. 

• Like 2