Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

The next 4 seasons?

How do you figure that?    Sorry, I’m confused….

Probably should let him explain but this season would be 1 of the 4 w/o playing.

Then last year of rookie deal next year followed by (2) FranTags

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The next 4 seasons?

How do you figure that?    Sorry, I’m confused….

So if he’s in NFI for 6 games, his contract pauses. Meaning instead of being a free agent after the 2023 season, he wouldn’t be a free agent until after the 2024 season. Which means we could then tag him for the 2025 season, and the 2026 season . 2023 would be the 1/4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lol

Yeah he can’t come back to this team. We are also trying to build a culture with a young QB. This isn’t the example they want in the building.

That's not language approved. 

Put a warning label on that thing.

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts are digging their heels in. Lol

This is smart.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

For colts to play hardball like this they have to be really ticked off how Taylor and his agent have handled this.

Some have mentioned teammates might not like how colts have handled this but I bet they don’t like how Taylor has handled  it even more.

It also means they want him to play this year.

• Like 2

Just now, iuswingman said:

If he is making up an injury due to contract dispute then colts definitely should label it non sports related to stop paying salary imo

If Taylor really hurt his back in training he would of been put on NFI instead of pup. So it’s clear this is a move to get him to play and if he don’t he doesn’t get paid.

53 minutes ago, w87r said:

Here's something I could get behind

https://nfltraderumors.co/colts-considering-placing-jonathan-taylor-on-non-football-injury-list-for-back-injury/

Apparently for back injury sustained in Arizona while working on his own

Nah this is just them playing hard ball.

He gets paid on PUP not NFI

But the Colts can't just make something up like he sustained a personal injury to not pay him.  That would be fraud.  JT has to have actually had the injury that was corroborated by him and doctors, I would think.

Edit:  Okay.  I see that he reported to TC complaining of back pain.  So the Colts are now calling him out on it.

• Like 1

Just now, DougDew said:

But the Colts can't just make something up like he sustained a personal injury to not pay him.  That would be fraud.  JT has to have actually had the injury that was corroborated by him and doctors, I would think.

Sounds like he came in complaining about it.

They definitely aren't going to make something up.

We're probably trying to be nice to start camp.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

For colts to play hardball like this they have to be really ticked off how Taylor and his agent have handled this.

Some have mentioned teammates might not like how colts have handled this but I bet they don’t like how Taylor has handled  it even more.

There’s an unofficial code among NFL players.   Don’t begrudge another player for trying to get his money.   I assure you, the vast majority of players quietly support JT over the Colts even if they don’t say so publicly.  

Because if the Colts can do this to Taylor, one of the best and most popular players on the team, then they can do this to any player.   No player is safe. 

56 minutes ago, w87r said:

Here's something I could get behind

https://nfltraderumors.co/colts-considering-placing-jonathan-taylor-on-non-football-injury-list-for-back-injury/

Apparently for back injury sustained in Arizona while working on his own

Nah this is just them playing hard ball.

He gets paid on PUP not NFI

I get that, but that's really not helping the situation

This is big from sheftys story 

The team's medical staff had not previously discussed a back issue with Taylor and the Colts were unaware of the problem until Taylor reported on Tuesday, the source said.

There's some belief that the back issue stems from an old injury, but Taylor continues to complain of discomfort, according to the source.

Bad look on Taylor IMHO. You signed a deal you play it out. You and your peers made an agreement in the CBA so you have to honor that.  Either somebody has put unrealistic salaries in JT's head, IE his agent or JT has let an ego get to him. 

I like JT cant blame him for wanting to get paid but at the same time the Colts are trying to pay him but need to know that he can be who he was after injury. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, w87r said:

A RB that was injured last year at that . HMM lmao.

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

I would have thought JT would be the last player to do all of this. Did an imposter take his place? 

I agree. Maybe this is Candid Camera or something. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There’s an unofficial code among NFL players.   Don’t begrudge another player for trying to get his money.   I assure you, the vast majority of players quietly support JT over the Colts even if they don’t say so publicly.  

Because if the Colts can do this to Taylor, one of the best and most popular players on the team, then they can do this to any player.   No player is safe. 

Do what?  No team needs to overpay a player 

• Like 1