Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Even if so, these first 4 weeks have been a real encouraging way of enticing him to stick around and let the Colts get to a point where they HAVE to make him an offer. 

If this whole ordeal had taken place in say Chicago he would probably be less inclined to get back and get to the end of the deal because that offense is an inept mess in a nosedive, and the whole franchise seems to be following suit. 

My point was, at the very least we’ve demonstrated that this is a viable spot for an RB to come in and be part of a competitive team. Taylor is the kind of guy who wants a contract in a good situation, not just the highest dollar amount contract he can get from whoever offers it. He wants to win, too. He’s a competitive guy. 

Showing that we are in fact a competitive team could have only had a positive impact on his outlook. 

I get your point. But I don't think the direction of the franchise was ever the issue. I think if the Colts had agreed to an extension with JT prior to training camp, this saga would not exist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I'm listening to the presser right now. There's no honesty from JT in this thing.

How exactly?

I think what he didnt say was extremely honest. He could have said all was well, or given some brazen answers about how he loves the city, etc.

The things he did say were things he had to. 

I'm fine with it. He's not going to kibosh his objective of getting paid as you stated earlier. 

For me, as long as his performances are reminiscent 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is he not being honest about? I am having a great day. I said he would play this week and wouldn't be traded. When almost everyone in here said he would never play another down here and would be traded for 4th rounder - how dumb is that? He really didn't give one bad answer, he wants to be paid so I know that. 

Don't do this. If you want to have a real back and forth I'm here for it, but don't play the strawman, either/or game. We're all better than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

How exactly?

I think what he didnt say was extremely honest. He could have said all was well, or given some brazen answers about how he loves the city, etc.

The things he did say were things he had to. 

I'm fine with it. He's not going to kibosh his objective of getting paid as you stated earlier. 

For me, as long as his performances are reminiscent 

Have you listened to the whole presser?

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Don't do this. If you want to have a real back and forth I'm here for it, but don't play the strawman, either/or game. We're all better than that.

Ok, you know what I mean though, you have read a lot of posts in here. Keeping it between you and me, what is he not being honest about? I am open minded to this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Superman said:

Not yet. Just extended snippets.

What's he said that's different to you or stands out as dishonest?

The one bit that stood out was when he was asked how long he's been healthy. That bit was obviously always going to be a sticking point for both sides. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ok, you know what I mean though, you have read a lot of posts in here. Keeping it between you and me, what is he not being honest about? I am open minded to this. 

I'll join in just because you and I are buds. His statement about wanting to win a championship for the city is definitely a lie if he was demanding a trade. He also shouldn't talk about caring about the fans after he spat in the direction of one during training camp. 

Just now, Colt.45 said:

Not yet. Just extended snippets.

What's he said that's different to you or stands out as dishonest?

The one bit that stood out was when he was asked how long he's been healthy. That bit was obviously always going to be a sticking point for both sides. 

Spend the 12 minutes watching this, listen to the questions, listen to his responses to those questions, and then tell me that he's being honest.

He's deflecting, redirecting, ignoring the substance of the question, refusing to acknowledge basic facts, etc. 

I understand that he needed to play up the injury -- which we all know is bogus, so him acting like this is all about getting 100% healthy is a lie from the start -- but his answers in general are the stuff of delusion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Superman said:

I have, but what I want to know is, what makes you think he isn't being honest? It wasn't a convincing presser - I agree, but he said he would be ready to play Sunday and he knows it is a big game. I am not sure what you want the guy to say, maybe "I want to be a Colt for life"? Yes, that would be ideal, but I am not upset with his presser. You seem to be though.

All I said earlier was, that I was right in saying he would play and not be traded and you jump on me for saying that. If you go back and read a lot of the posts, many did say that he would not play another down and we would be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th rounder for him. I honestly don't see how what I said is Strawman material at all.

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'll join in just because you and I are buds. His statement about wanting to win a championship for the city is definitely a lie if he was demanding a trade. He also shouldn't talk about caring about the fans after he spat in the direction of one during training camp. 

Did he ever say he was demanding a trade? It was all rumors. You seen what he said today. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

“… I’m here right now and my number one thing is to take care of my teammates. A lot of people worry about what I want. Doesn’t matter necessarily what I want. What matters is what this team needs, what this city wants and what this city needs. What this city needs is a championship and while I’m here that’s what I’m gonna work my tail off to do, to get the opportunity to do…”

To me, this does not read as commitment TO THE TEAM. To the organization. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have, but what I want to know is, what makes you think he isn't being honest? It wasn't a convincing presser - I agree, but he said he would be ready to play Sunday and he knows it is a big game. I am not sure what you want the guy to say, maybe "I want to be a Colt for life"? Yes, that would be ideal, but I am not upset with his presser. You seem to be though.

All I said earlier was, that I was right in saying he would play and not be traded and you jump on me for saying that. If you go back and read a lot of the posts, many did say that he would not play another down and we would be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th rounder for him. I honestly don't see how what I said is Strawman material at all.

Do you think any of my focus in this discussion has been about whether JT would play this Sunday? Have I ever suggested that he would not play another down, or that we should trade him for a mid round pick? You bringing up any of that in this discussion right now, with me, is a strawman argument.

What I'm saying is that JT was not genuine in this presser. This has NOT been about him rehabbing his ankle, it's been about his contract. Yet, he stood in front of the media and pretended that any discussion about anything other than his ankle has been media speculation. Even though we know he wanted a new contract, demanded and trade, and declined to cooperate with the Colts during training camp. He just tried to gaslight everyone. All I'm talking about is how JT just handled himself in front of the media.

I don't have a problem with anyone focusing on their excitement that he's possibly going to play soon. But that has not been the focus of my comments, at all.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So now people are saying he is fake, why can't people just be happy he wants to play Sunday. 

Very, very happy that he will play. It's good for the team, the fans and himself. I'm wondering if he was required to do this presser. It seemed unnecessary on his end...

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

Spend the 12 minutes watching this, listen to the questions, listen to his responses to those questions, and then tell me that he's being honest.

He's deflecting, redirecting, ignoring the substance of the question, refusing to acknowledge basic facts, etc. 

I understand that he needed to play up the injury -- which we all know is bogus, so him acting like this is all about getting 100% healthy is a lie from the start -- but his answers in general are the stuff of delusion.

8 minutes in, and I'll say this.

I think we have a different view of what I meant by honesty. Yes, he deflected pretty much every serious question about the drama and contract and whether he wants to be a Colt.

He didnt sugarcoat things when he could have.

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It was well documented my friend. And remember Chris actually confirmed it was true during his presser before the season started.

Now that you mention it, contrast this performance from JT today with how Ballard addressed the JT issue a few weeks ago. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm wondering if he was required to do this presser. It seemed unnecessary on his end...

He could not be required unless he's been activated, so it was not necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Nothing but ridiculous PR talk while being non committal. It's kind of amusing how fake it is. 

Did we expect anything else given how this has all played out?

It's corp-speak, PR nonsense on both sides. We know the fact is the guy wants to get paid and doesnt care who pays him. What else did we expect?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Now that you mention it, contrast this performance from JT today with how Ballard addressed the JT issue a few weeks ago. 

He could not be required unless he's been activated, so it was not necessary.

Then he really probably should've just stayed quiet. I honestly liked that about Marshawn Lynch. Let the performance on the field do the talking. I guess the agent told him to talk... 

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

Do you think any of my focus in this discussion has been about whether JT would play this Sunday? Have I ever suggested that he would not play another down, or that we should trade him for a mid round pick? You bringing up any of that in this discussion right now, with me, is a strawman argument.

What I'm saying is that JT was not genuine in this presser. This has NOT been about him rehabbing his ankle, it's been about his contract. Yet, he stood in front of the media and pretended that any discussion about anything other than his ankle has been media speculation. Even though we know he wanted a new contract, demanded and trade, and declined to cooperate with the Colts during training camp. He just tried to gaslight everyone. All I'm talking about is how JT just handled himself in front of the media.

I don't have a problem with anyone focusing on their excitement that he's possibly going to play soon. But that has not been the focus of my comments, at all.

I never said you said that he would not play another down or you said we should trade him for a mid-round pick. Sometimes to make a point in here, you have to bring stuff up in here that a lot of others have said.

I just don't get it, he is ready to play and said he wants what is best for teammates, fans, and the city and winning is important. Yet a handful of people like you aren't happy about it. That is fine, I will enjoy watching Taylor dominate like I said he would, people can call him a fake and liar all they want, I could care less. I just want to win. Enjoy the season when he is one of the main reasons why we win the division, tell me he is fake then chuckling homer simpson GIF

He and his team played hardball the best way they knew how.

I have no doubt it was purely business, and they would have taken the $$ wherever it came from. No problem with it at all, it's his life.

He appears to have chosen to take the Millions we owe him if he does play, but he has yet to play a down.  Will he be activated 🤔