Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp Day 11 8/15

18 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If downs was with Richardson  in the bills game that int probably  doesn't  happen

He may not have been in on that series but he’s been with the ones at training camp. He does rotate out with Mackenzie some during practices but generally he’s starting 

Man, if we hit..... And I mean really hit, on Richardson... There will be some serious salt coming out way for years to come....  I know we feel like the carousel has been horrible and way too long... But NFL fanbase already hated us for moving from Manning to Luck...  if it only took us a handful of meh, not even rock bottom, seasons....to hit on the next big thing at QB.....  ohhhhhh the salt. Lol.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Man, if we hit..... And I mean really hit, on Richardson... There will be some serious salt coming out way for years to come....  I know we feel like the carousel has been horrible and way too long... But NFL fanbase already hated us for moving from Manning to Luck...  if it only took us a handful of meh, not even rock bottom, seasons....to hit on the next big thing at QB.....  ohhhhhh the salt. Lol.

Let 'em be salty. If Jordan Love ends up being good then they'll say the same about Green Bay being spoiled. Hell look at how many years Pittsburgh has been successful. 

And we suffered really crappy seasons when the franchise first moved to Indy. 1993 still gives me the heebee jeebies... 

12 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Jags fans have declared  victory  already on their forum. Will be interesting to  see how it plays out.

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Let 'em be salty. If Jordan Love ends up being good then they'll say the same about Green Bay being spoiled. Hell look at how many years Pittsburgh has been successful. 

And we suffered really crappy seasons when the franchise first moved to Indy. 1993 still gives me the heebee jeebies... 

Yea that would be crazy

36 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sure sounds like the injury is legit…

If it is, then it can't be the same one, can it?  Unless they really botched up the operation.  I've read that it's supposed to be a 2-4 week recovery time.  We're going on -- 6 months?

15 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I’m not celebrating yet but IF IF IF AR balls out, I hope people eat some crow that deserve to eat crow

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

If it is, then it can't be the same one, can it?  Unless they really botched up the operation.  I've read that it's supposed to be a 2-4 week recovery time.  We're going on -- 6 months?

Im Wondering if this injury was what spurred the rumors of the NFI list

Just now, csmopar said:

I’m not celebrating yet but IF IF IF AR balls out, I hope people eat some crow that deserve to eat crow

Trolls are out in full force on YouTube. One was trying to tell me Richardson  won't be ranked in the top 32 for qbs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Another thing it’s probably good for this team to know the starter this early so they can really start bonding as a number one unit. They need to know who they will be going into the season with.

Just wanted to say - Thanks for the updates!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hopefully this Richardson thing isn’t to deflect from some bad  Taylor news coming soon.

I'm over Taylor, what's up with Smith and Kelly is my concern. Ballard deserves to be fired if this line burns again. He stressed trenches coming into this job and has put all his eggs in to the my injured players will come back strong basket. We have no oline depth if we are beat up. AR5 is gonna be a rerun of Luck...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I'm over Taylor, what's up with Smith and Kelly is my concern. Ballard deserves to be fired if this line burns again. He stressed trenches coming into this job and has put all his eggs in to the my injured players will come back strong basket. We have no oline depth if we are beat up. AR5 is gonna be a rerun of Luck...

Kelly has been out there and looking serviceable again. Smith got hurt again. Plus Ballard will likely look to sign some cast offs in the coming weeks. Where he’s had some big successes doing it. I’m concerned about it as well but not a ton can be done

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Such a good teammate 

Can we lock up Gardner for more than just one season? The dude's attitude and selflessness in helping Anthony, and by extension, the Colts out, has been fantastic. That's who you want in the locker room and he is more than a serviceable backup.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Kelly has been out there and looking serviceable again. Smith got hurt again. Plus Ballard will likely look to sign some cast offs in the coming weeks. Where he’s had some big successes doing it. I’m concerned about it as well but not a ton can be done

My problem with it has been Kelly have been been consistently hurt and under performing past two seasons. Nelson's back has been problematic for awhile now too. You can't just sign cast offs to fill in for veterans when your line has been struggling. Ballard came in and fixed the line and hasn't done much to keep it fortified. He preached trenches, then he's fell off that wagon. I admit we've been hit hard there with are best players being the ones hurt. Fisher was the only solid attempt we brought in. Then we had Reed and Glow and just kicked them to the curb. I think it's a bad look sending another supposed franchise QB of the future out there with oline questions.

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Richardson was starting agains the bills first string defense which was a really good defense last year. His confidence seems to have gone through the roof. 

Remember….    Pre-season defense is almost nothing.   Vanilla and basic.   

Regular season defenses are much faster and much more complicated.   Richardson is going to have a big learning curve in front of him.   He’ll have plenty of tough days once the regular season starts.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Regular season defenses are much faster and much more complicated.   Richardson is going to have a big learning curve in front of him.   He’ll have plenty of tough days once the regular season starts.  

Ummm...pre season offenses are also vanilla and basic 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Opening day vs the Jags could get ugly but who knows. I am prepared for it so if we lose I will be ok with it, we will be underdogs and should be.

• Like 1