Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A true class act

csmopar

He's a class act.

He's Irsay's buddy as well. He'll always be very close to the organization no matter what happened last year.

Actually last year would help him move up the coaching ranks in college football, if he ever wants to take up that job or he'd definitely get more lucrative jobs in media, as he's seen how an organization works from head coach perspective as well. 

I’m hoping Saturday gets re-hired by ESPN.   Even if only as a part-time analyst.   It can’t be fun not working.   It’s like the music stopped and everyone has a seat but him.   I suspect he’s fine, but still.   He left a full time gig to help the Colts.   I’d like to see him land on his feet again.  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m hoping Saturday gets re-hired by ESPN.   Even if only as a part-time analyst.   It can’t be fun not working.   It’s like the music stopped and everyone has a seat but him.   I suspect he’s fine, but still.   He left a full time gig to help the Colts.   I’d like to see him land on his feet again.  

Jeff Saturday did a quality job for ESPN - and - I'd love to see him rehired too!!

• Like 1

If only six months later Saturday has no hard feelings about the whole situation, Manning should get over whatever is bothering him.  I just saw a new interview with Manning a few days ago.  Watching the interview, you would think he played for Denver for 14 years, the Colts for 4.  

Saturday, the former beloved Colt, former NFLPA Exec, a man of faith and integrity, and forever a fan of the Colts, was never ever in doubt for us Colts fans, definitely not me.

Saturday as a head coach, felt like the glove didn't fit at the NFL level, IMO.

On 8/14/2023 at 12:13 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah, Irsay put him in a bind and Saturday went out on a limb to help Jim. Hopefully Saturday is back with ESPN but with their cost cutting, it might be a while.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 12:13 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Didn’t ESPN let a lot of people go?  Seems like this happens every few years, which honestly seems normal to churn and burn looking for talent.  Any chance he was going to be part of the layoffs and why he was ok with leaving?  I have no insight on this so they are honest questions. 

• Like 1