Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 8 8/6

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Weird things always happen week one. The fact jags haven’t won in Indy for a long time I am not going to be surprised if Richardson starts colts win. I just don’t know if our defense will be able to slow down the jags.

Can’t be any worse than last year!

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colds defense missing Moore and Blackmon. So with young starters on defense this isn’t surprising. It would be a concern if Richardson was struggling.

Part of me wonders if its Richardson getting better or we are just gonna have a bad (or below average) secondary. We will probably find out more with the joint practices coming up.

Obviously its encouraging to hear that Richardson had a great day and seemingly a decent week at camp. Hope it continues

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Part of me wonders if its Richardson getting better or we are just gonna have a bad (or below average) secondary. We will probably find out more with the joint practices coming up.

Obviously its encouraging to hear that Richardson had a great day and seemingly a decent week at camp. Hope it continues

Probably somewhere in between at the moment. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wow Pittman really got into the Taylor situation there. I love how he recognizes that the market dns injury risk is so much different for WR and RB.

Translation : "if you have to pay somebody, you pay me" :D

9 hours ago, IinD said:

Any word on if the Wagner late rounder is doing well or not ?? Titus Leo.

I'm rooting for him.

Haven’t seen his name in a single TC report.  Not sure the early TC is a place for edge rushers to stand out, though…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

Haven’t seen his name in a single TC report.  Not sure the early TC is a place for edge rushers to stand out, though…

No news is probably good news at this point. He's not making headlines but he's also not noticeably / standout terrible either. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

No news is probably good news at this point. He's not making headlines but he's also not noticeably / standout terrible either. 

True dat.  What’ll help his case a lot is if he can get to the QB in the joint practices coming up, even though it’ll probably be against 2nd and 3rd teamers for him…

11 hours ago, IinD said:

Any word on if the Wagner late rounder is doing well or not ?? Titus Leo.

I'm rooting for him.

I honestly would expect Wagner to be on the PS this season. The jump in competition is insane from where he was playing to the NFL and I would anticipate needing a season or 2 to even get even somewhat acclimated to the NFL level of play.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shive said:

I honestly would expect Wagner to be on the PS this season. The jump in competition is insane from where he was playing to the NFL and I would anticipate needing a season or 2 to even get even somewhat acclimated to the NFL level of play.

I still think a 1-2 year minor league would be so beneficial to some of these guys. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wait, I was told his career was over by all of the online doctors on this board

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I still think a 1-2 year minor league would be so beneficial to some of these guys. 

I doubt many ones will play.   I bet Sam sees the most action

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Wait, I was told his career was over by all of the online doctors on this board

I doubt many ones will play.   I bet Sam sees the most action

AR should honestly play as much as possible unless they're truly believing he's going to be the starter for week 1. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

AR should honestly play as much as possible unless they're truly believing he's going to be the starter for week 1. 

Even if Richardson was starting, I'd still like to see him play a half. Despite what Ballard and Steichen would lead the fans to believe, they have no idea how Richardson will perform at QB in an actual game yet. Even a preseason game is huge for his development at this point.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Even if Richardson was starting, I'd still like to see him play a half. Despite what Ballard and Steichen would lead the fans to believe, they have no idea how Richardson will perform at QB in an actual game yet. Even a preseason game is huge for his development at this point.

Luck played quite a bit his rookie preseason. Though he was obviously way more NFL ready than AR...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I’d like to see AR play a half with Minchew and Sam getting a quarter for all of the preseason games.   Like you said the preseason games are going to be very important for his development and confidence.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What have Ballard or Steichan lead fans to believe?

Texans will be starting stroud on their first preseason game despite splitting reps with mills. I won’t be shocked if Richardson starts Saturday. Because the starters probably don’t play much and I think it’s important to see him with the starters. We will see how practice goes this week. But if it goes as well as this past week I think he will start. I am so excited to see him play. Will probably know who will start from Steichen tomorrow or Thursday.

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What have Ballard or Steichan lead fans to believe?

I said "would lead the fans to believe". They'll pretend they know more than they actually know IMO, when in reality, no one (including Ballard and Steichen) have seen Richardson play in an actual NFL preseason or regular season game to this point. In reality, at this point, Richardson needs the work no matter what anyone thinks, and he should play the first half. Anyone who says different is wrong, even if Ballard and/or Steichen do (and yes, what they say goes, but it doesn't make it the right decision by anything but gut instinct based on training camp at this point).