Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Draft -- April 27th to April 29

NFLfan

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If this happens all these young QB in the AFC South will be crazy.

I can see the LA Rams, wanting Levis to groom behind Stafford. Would actually be a better spot for Levis, given that Liam Coen, his former Kentucky OC in 2021, was also Rams OC in 2022 before going back to Kentucky for 2023 season. I am sure Sean McVay will have plenty of inside info on him.

The offensive system of TN vs the offensive system of the Rams - I am sure, if given a choice, Levis would prefer the Rams there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

what? no activity in this site? what happened to you guys! excitement only for first round pick? 

They are in the Anthony Richardson thread.

I hope the Vikes make a trade and grab one of the many top players in the 2nd round.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

@csmopar

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10074242-mcshay-will-levis-gives-some-teams-carson-wentz-vibes-amid-2023-nfl-draft-slide

McShay: Will Levis Gives Some Teams Carson Wentz Vibes amid 2023 NFL Draft Slide

I would say many even common laymen got that vibe, alright.  :D

From the beginning of draft season, media was trying to hype using the same logic that NFL teams would like Levis for the same reason that he's able to absorb hits and still make plays. That he was able to play in spite of so many injuries, when other 3 top QBs never got a mention of their injuries during last couple of seasons in the same breath. That he has played in NFL systems, had so many checks and calls with verbiage similar to pro style. That he's more pro ready than the guy who has not played enough in college. That his athleticism is too good to ignore even though the same athleticism wasn't seen when it mattered for mobility and escapability in the pocket. Etc., 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who are some of your favorite guys still available to be drafted?

This draft has a lot of talent at similar level from round 2 to 4.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear names people thought would go later but certain teams like to get certain players at perceived earlier spot than what we think. 

I think it was seen even from #12 & #18 selections by Lions, and from #26 onwards in the first round. 

I'm sure Vikings will end up drafting players whom we haven't heard much :D

10 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I would say many even common laymen got that vibe, alright.  :D

From the beginning of draft season, media was trying to hype using the same logic that NFL teams would like Levis for the same reason that he's able to absorb hits and still make plays. That he was able to play in spite of so many injuries, when other 3 top QBs never got a mention of their injuries during last couple of seasons in the same breath. That he has played in NFL systems, had so many checks and calls with verbiage similar to pro style. That he's more pro ready than the guy who has not played enough in college. That his athleticism is too good to ignore even though the same athleticism wasn't seen when it mattered for mobility and escapability in the pocket. Etc., 

Di you understand why the media was selling that?   Because that’s what their sources in the NFL were telling them.  

The NFL doesn’t like inviting guys to sit in the green room only to have them NOT get picked.   So the NFL surveys all 32 teams in which players to invite.  And it was NFL GM’s who recommended inviting Levis. 

It wasn’t the the media or the commissioners office.   It’s all 32 GMs.   That’s who decided to invite Levis.  In all, 17 players were invited.   That’s all. 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

This draft has a lot of talent at similar level from round 2 to 4.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear names people thought would go later but certain teams like to get certain players at perceived earlier spot than what we think. 

I think it was seen even from #12 & #18 selections by Lions, and from #26 onwards in the first round. 

I'm sure Vikings will end up drafting players whom we haven't heard much :D

I wanted Hooker but I think he goes early. I still want us to draft a QB -- Tune, Haener...

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Di you understand why the media was selling that?   Because that’s what their sources in the NFL were telling them.  

The NFL doesn’t like inviting guys to sit in the green room only to have them NOT get picked.   So the NFL surveys all 32 teams in which players to invite.  And it was NFL GM’s who recommended inviting Levis. 

It wasn’t the the media or the commissioners office.   It’s all 32 GMs.   That’s who decided to invite Levis. 

I was talking more about the talking points in the media and everywhere. 

For example, like saying great completion percentage equals to WOW accuracy. 

NFL teams and GMs don't say that.