Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Mock Draft 2023 -- Make your Picks here

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would love to see a real NFL GM try your strategy in the draft. The idea of having 10+ picks in the 3-5 round range seems really smart to load up on.

Rounds 3-5 is often the sweet spot in a lot of drafts.  There’s normally a mix of guys that unexpectedly drop that can be nice value plus it’s late enough that if you reach for a prospect that you have a crush on it’s not that big of a deal. 

teams feeling pressure for filling needs leads to a lot of solid players in those mid rounds that could have been BPA for a while. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@Zoltan We miss you this year. What do you think of the draft so far?

Definitely some surprises, Brents falling to the bottom of the 2nd was a surprise (I don't think he gets by the Colts), and the Bears picking Hooker in the 1st I think there is no chance of that.

I really like how y'all changed the format this year it makes it way easier to make picks and see who was picked. Bummer I couldn't join this year but work has been busy and didn't have the time available.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike06181 said:

The draft is the lions super bowl. Den has had a 1000 members in the chat before

I'm not familiar with Den. I know the Pride of Detroit.

Do you have a guy called Chim Ritchel (name like that) there? He posts on the Vikings site.

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Are you all going to follow the real draft with us on the forum? It is usually a lot of fun. I once participated in the Chat on the forum during the first round.

This year, I requested the day after round 1 of the draft as a floating holiday. I have off on that Friday. Can't wait.

Im in New Zealand so the draft is on a Friday... starts around midday. I'll be following along closely from work. Don't have any leave available to take it off unfortunately!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Definitely some surprises, Brents falling to the bottom of the 2nd was a surprise (I don't think he gets by the Colts), and the Bears picking Hooker in the 1st I think there is no chance of that.

I really like how y'all changed the format this year it makes it way easier to make picks and see who was picked. Bummer I couldn't join this year but work has been busy and didn't have the time available.

Thanks. Next year.

3 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

Rounds 3-5 is often the sweet spot in a lot of drafts.  There’s normally a mix of guys that unexpectedly drop that can be nice value plus it’s late enough that if you reach for a prospect that you have a crush on it’s not that big of a deal. 

teams feeling pressure for filling needs leads to a lot of solid players in those mid rounds that could have been BPA for a while. 

former Vikings GM Rick Speilman always used to do this... trading down few times from day 2 onwards. He had few GM buddies he'd always go to for trades like Jets GM at that time. 

• Like 1

My apologies, Mike, we are not allowed to post links of other forums. I had to remove it. Sorry. You can talk about it as you have been.  If you want to share the link with someone, you can send a PM. But I got the address and will check it out. Thanks, Mike.

Just now, NFLfan said:

My apologies, Mike, we are not allowed to post links of other forums. I had to remove it. Sorry. You can talk about it as you have been.  If you want to share the link with someone, you can send a PM. But I got the address and will check it out. Thanks, Mike.

Sorry did not know that rule. It’s understandable i guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Im in New Zealand so the draft is on a Friday... starts around midday. I'll be following along closely from work. Don't have any leave available to take it off unfortunately!

I look forward to seeing you but it must be hard to do from work.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I look forward to seeing you but it must be hard to do from work.

I'm well experienced in 'Working' while watching NFL content. 
Heck, I think I'm coming down with something. Feels like its going to be at its worst in 2 weeks...

Just now, RNGDShobby said:

I'm well experienced in 'Working' while watching NFL content. 
Heck, I think I'm coming down with something. Feels like its going to be at its worst in 2 weeks...

Your going to be bed ridden too? Dang this draft fever! It lasts 3 days

THE PICK IS IN

The Packers would love to draft Mims and help with the receiving corps for their your QB.

HOWEVER!

Safety is their number one need.  And a safety is still their top pick remaining on the board.

With the 78th pick in the 2023 Gavin NFL Mock Draft, the Green Back Packers select

Jordan Battle, S, Alabama

Beginning to see a theme building.

Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia

Looks like the Packers are just gonna up and punch people in the mouth!

• Like 1

Just now, John Hammonds said:

THE PICK IS IN

The Packers would love to draft Mims and help with the receiving corps for their your QB.

HOWEVER!

Safety is their number one need.  And a safety is still their top pick remaining on the board.

With the 78th pick in the 2023 Gavin NFL Mock Draft, the Green Back Packers select

Beginning to see a theme building.

Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia

Looks like the Packers are just gonna up and punch people in the mouth!

Training/medical staffs better watch out!

Lions have had an issue!

penai sewell stormed into the war room! Well he broke the door down to be exact!

he demanded that his parents were worried about how they could come to his games and his brothers when they are both in the league so he pleaded. Well more like demanded this..

with the 81st pick in the draft the detroit lions pick noah sewell linebacker oregon.

good thing the lions needed his position anyways.

the sewell family is happy crisis diverted 

• Thanks 1

THE PICK IS IN

The top need for the Bucs has been DB, but they haven't picked one yet.

With the 82nd pick in the 2023 Gavin NFL Mock Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select

Kyu Blue Kelly, CB, Stanford

And that's about it for the Bucs, unless we go to the 5th round.

pick 19 - O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida

pick 50 - Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame

pick 82 - Kyu Blue Kelly, CB, Stanford

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

THE PICK IS IN

The top need for the Bucs has been DB, but they haven't picked one yet.

With the 82nd pick in the 2023 Gavin NFL Mock Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select

Kyu Blue Kelly, CB, Stanford

And that's about it for the Bucs, unless we go to the 5th round.

pick 19 - O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida

pick 50 - Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame

pick 82 - Kyu Blue Kelly, CB, Stanford

I’d be down for doing 5th round

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@csmopar  are you available? you're on the clock now for Browns 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@csmopar  is on clock for the first time for Cleveland Browns

@El Potro  Atlanta Falcons up next 

49 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@El Potro  you can go ahead with Falcons pick if you are available.

@csmopar, when online, can make his  pick

@Archer  will be up next for New England Patriots 

I have the Browns?! Huh?

I think we are at:

83. Seattle

84. Miami

85. Chargers

if the other two gents pick before i sign off tonight then i will get the chargers pick in so you guys aren't waiting on me tomorow since i tend to get on a bit after we kick off w the kiddos and their bedtimes