Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Oh yeah? I'm tempted to listen to sports talk radio. I stopped listening after the Patriots won their last Super Bowl. I did not want to hear people on the radio gushing about them. 

Being a Hoosier I luckily don't get much of that type of radio talk. It's all Colts, Bengals, and Reds in my area. 

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jeudy hasn't shown much in the NFL so far. Hopkins red zone TD rate and catch rate are still top notch.

Hopkins for a 2nd and a 3rd, a 3rd at tops for Jeudy or a late 2nd. 

Jeudy turned it on the 2nd half of the year. The Broncos have said they won't trade him for less than a first. The Pats might do it because of the college Mac/Jeudy connection.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Jeudy turned it on the 2nd half of the year. The Broncos have said they won't trade him for less than a first. The Pats might do it because of the college Mac/Jeudy connection.

Broncos can keep him. They are trying to do a run heavy offense for RW with a FB (from Chiefs) signed and not many high profile WRs needed. Pats would be crazy to give them a 1st. A 2nd, I would understand for Jeudy. But then, the Broncos' D is not necessarily the Legion of Boom either. They are doing the same thing Jaguars and Titans did to Peyton era Colts with MJD and Chris Johnson etc., keep Mahomes on the sidelines. 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't want Seumalo if he's going to cost as much as some are projecting. We should stop spending top money on interior linemen. 

With the cash we gave Nelson, Kelley, and Smith we are in a position to find talent on rookie contracts at the moment. Ballard preached the trenches coming in and it helped us a lot on both sides of the ball. Now it's time to boost up the oline with young talent if we want a chance for any QB/RB to succeed and grow here...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Broncos can keep him. They are trying to do a run heavy offense for RW with a FB (from Chiefs) signed and not many high profile WRs needed. Pats would be crazy to give them a 1st. A 2nd, I would understand for Jeudy. But then, the Broncos' D is not necessarily the Legion of Boom either. They are doing the same thing Jaguars and Titans did to Peyton era Colts with MJD and Chris Johnson etc., keep Mahomes on the sidelines. 

Hackett made the offense obsolete last year. I'm going to guess it will be better under Sean Payton, but I could be wrong. Tim Patrick also had a torn ACL, and he'll be back. The Broncos were ravaged with injuries last year. The defense has Surtain and Simmons, but no one else of real note. So yeah, we'll see. So far, no one is giving them what they want for Jeudy or Sutton.

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Wednesday, March 15

10:48 a.m. Buccaneers finalizing a one-year deal for former Rams quarterback Baker Mayfield, per report.

10:19 a.m. Saints signing former Chiefs defensive tackle Khalen Saunders, per report.

9:54 a.m. Saints will sign former Jets defensive tackle Nathan Shepherd, per report.

9:51 a.m. Eagles plan to release cornerback Darius Slay, per report.

9:29 a.m. Buccaneers will re-sign linebacker Anthony Nelson to a two-year deal, per report.

9:04 a.m. Cowboys preparing to release running back Ezekiel Elliott, per report.

8:57 a.m. Bengals will re-sign running back Trayveon Williams, per report.

8:54 a.m. Patriots will re-sign tackle Riley Reiff, per report.

8:51 a.m. Bills to sign former Saints wide receiver Deonte Harty to a two-year contract, per report.

8:43 a.m. Panthers will sign former Bengals tight end Hayden Hurst to a three-year deal, per report.

8:35 a.m. Packers restructure linebacker De’Vondre Campbell’s contract to create $2.7 million in cap space, per report.

8:35 a.m. Lions restructure deal for EDGE Charles Harris to create $2.8 million in cap space, per report.

8:25 a.m. Texans to release guard A.J. Cann, per report.

8:03 a.m. Jets offer second-round RFA contract tender to edge rusher Bryce Huff, per report.

8:01 a.m. Titans offer second-round RFA contract tender to defensive tackle Teair Tart, per report.

7:40 a.m. Steelers sign former Commanders linebacker Cole Holcomb to three-year deal, per report.

7:34 a.m. Seahawks will not tender RFA linebacker Tanner Muse, making him a free agent, per report.

7:29 a.m. Cowboys offer RFA contract tender to offensive lineman Terence Steele, per report.

7:29 a.m. Packers offer second-round RFA contract tender to offensive lineman Yosh Nijman, per report.

7:18 a.m. Colts re-signing wide receiver Ashton Dulin, per report.

Tuesday, March 14

9:27 p.m. Titans signing former Jaguars defensive end Arden Key to three-year, $21 million deal with up to $24 million, per report.

9:04 p.m. Bears signing former Seahawks running back Travis Homer to two-year deal worth up to of $4.5 million, per report.

9:02 p.m. Vikings working to finalize a deal for former Cardinals cornerback Byron Murphy, per report.

8:48 p.m. Broncos signing former Chiefs fullback Mike Burton to a one-year deal, per report.

8:41 p.m. Chiefs signing former 49ers defensive tackle Charles Omenihu to two-year contract worth up to $20 million, per report.

8:31 p.m. Lions will sign former Bears running back David Montgomery to three-year deal worth $18 million, per report.

8:08 p.m. 49ers restructured contract of linebacker Fred Warner, creating $9.5 million in cap space, per report.

7:59 p.m. Titans will sign former 49ers offensive lineman Daniel Brunskill, per report.

7:52 p.m. Bills restructure contract of wide receiver Stefon Diggs, converting base salary to bonus to create $5.4 million in cap space, per report.

7:24 p.m. Cardinals will re-sign guard Will Hernandez, per report.

7:20 p.m. Vikings re-sign placekicker Greg Joseph, per agent.

7:02 p.m. Raiders will re-sign fullback Jakob Johnson on a one-year deal, per report.

7:00 p.m. Colts will sign former 49ers defensive end Samson Ebukam to three-year, $27 million contract, per report.

6:43 p.m. Ravens will re-sign cornerback Trayvon Mullen to a one-year deal, per report.

6:34 p.m. New England will re-sign safety Jabrill Peppers to a two-year deal, per report.

6:32 p.m. Raiders will sign former Steelers linebacker Robert Spillane to two-year deal worth up to $9 million, per report.

6:23 p.m. Falcons re-signing tackle Kaleb McGary to a three-year, $34.5 million deal, per report.

6:27 p.m. Panthers are expected to host former Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen for his first free-agent team visit on Wednesday, per report.

6:15 p.m. Buccaneers re-signing guard Aaron Stinnie to a one-year deal worth up to $2.5 million, per report.

6:01 p.m. Bills plan to offer RFA contract tender to cornerback Dane Jackson, per report.

5:58 p.m. After retiring in the wake of the team’s Super Bowl win, former Chiefs backup quarterback Chad Henne was contacted by a team that made him an offer to return to the league as a backup. Henne declined the offer, per report.

5:54 p.m. Vikings re-sign long snapper Andrew DePaola reached to three-year, $4 million deal, per report.

5:48 p.m. Chargers releasing starting guard Matt Feiler, per report.

5:29 p.m. Seahawks finalizing a deal to bring back former Packers (and Chiefs) defensive tackle Jarran Reed back to their roster on a two-year deal, per report.

5:22 p.m. Cowboys will re-sign linebacker Leighton Vander Esch to a 2-year deal worth $11 million, per report.

4:55 p.m. Panthers will sign quarterback Andy Dalton to a two-year, $10 million deal worth up to $17 million, per report.

4:45 p.m. Colts will release quarterback Matt Ryan, per report.

4:30 p.m. Eagles re-signing cornerback James Bradberry to a three-year deal worth $38 million, per report.

4:19 p.m. Chiefs offer their tight end Jody Fortson an ERFA contract tender, per report.

4:16 p.m. Broncos to sign former Bengals running back Samaje Perine to a two-year deal, per report.

4:10 p.m. Raiders sign former Texans wide receiver Philip Dorsett, per report.

4:06 p.m. Colts trade cornerback Stephon Gilmore to Cowboys for a 2023 fifth-round comp pick, per report.

4:05 p.m. Steelers bring defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi back with a three-year, $28.75 million deal, per report.

4:05 p.m. Eagles re-sign running back RB Boston Scott to one-year deal worth $2 million, per report.

4:04 p.m. Steelers resign defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi to three-year deal, per report.

3:44 p.m. Giants re-sign running back Matt Breida , per report.

3:32 p.m. Cardinals agree to re-sign placekicker Matt Prater to two-year deal, per report.

3:29 p.m. Commanders announce offering RFA contract tender to running back Jeremy Reaves and releasing running back J.D. McKissic.

3:18 p.m. Jets will sign former Packers wide receiver Allen Lazard to 4-year, $44 million contract, per report.

3:03 p.m. Panthers release guard Pat Elflein, saving $4.8 million in cap space, per report.

3:02 p.m. Texans restructure safety Eric Murray’s contract retain him for 2023, per report.

3:01 p.m. Chargers re-sign right tackle Trey Pipkins to three-year contract, per report.

2:57 p.m. Texans will re-sign edge rusher Derek Rivers to one-year contract, per report.

2:52 p.m. Titans will sign former 49ers linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair, per report.

2:51 p.m. Browns will re-sign linebacker Sione Takitaki to one-year deal worth $2.6 million, per report.

2:47 p.m. Cardinals will sign former Eagles linebacker Kyzir White to sign two-year contract worth up to $11 million, per report.

2:22 p.m. Patriots will sign former Broncos tackle Calvin Anderson to two-year contract, per report.

2:15 p.m. Lions will re-sign defensive lineman John Cominsky to a two-year deal worth up to $9.5 million, per report.

2:12 p.m. Eagles agree to terms with former Seahawks running back Rashaad Penny, per report.

1:54 p.m. Lions signing former 49ers cornerback Emmanuel Moseley to one-year, $6 million contract, per report.

1:25 p.m. Giants finalizing a trade to acquire Raiders tight Darren Waller with third-round pick acquired from Chiefs in trade for Kadarius Toney, per report.

1:24 p.m. Dolphins re-signing running back Jeff Wilson to a two-year deal for as much as $8.2 million, per report.

12:58 p.m. 49ers will re-sign center Jake Brendel to a 4-year contract, per report.

12:56 p.m. Steelers will sign former Jets guard Nate Herbig to a two-year deal worth $8 million, per report.

12:55 p.m. Steelers will re-sign safety Damontae Kazee to two-year deal, per report.

12:52 p.m. Vikings agree to re-sign center Garrett Bradbury, per report.

12:42 p.m. Saints expected to re-sign wide receiver Michael Thomas to an incentive-laden one-year deal, per report.

11:39 a.m. Vikings doing a cap conversion on quarterback Kirk Cousins’ contract to create more salary-cap room, per report.

11:26 a.m. Patriots extend right-of-first-refusal RFA contract tender to defensive back Myles Bryant, per report.

11:21 a.m. Jaguars re-sign safety Andrew Wingard to a three-year contract, per report.

11:21 a.m. Raiders will re-sign tackle Brandon Parker to a one-year deal s worth up to $4 million, per report.

11:16 a.m. Panthers will not extend RFA contract tender to defensive back Myles Hartsfield, making him a free agent, per report.

10:59 a.m. Texans will sign former Cowboys wide receiver Noah Brown to a one-year deal, per report.

10:49 a.m. Seahawks to release defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson, per report.

10:45 a.m. Jets to re-sign placekicker Greg Zuerlein to 1-year deal worth up to $3.4 million, per report.

10:35 a.m. Following trade for Shaq Mason, Texans are releasing starting right guard A.J. Caan, per report.

10:08 a.m. Dolphins re-signing running back Raheem Mostert to two-year, $5.6 million contract, per report.

10:02 a.m. Jets (and two other teams) are negotiating with former Packers wide receiver Allen Lazard, per report.

9:54 a.m. Jets will not tender RFA wide receiver Jeff Smith, making him a free agent — per report.

9:32 a.m. Commanders will sign former Seahawks linebacker Cody Barton to a one-year deal worth at least $3.5 million, per report.

9:24 a.m. Cowboys will re-sign safety Donovan Wilson to a three-year deal worth up to $24 million, per report.

8:56 a.m. The Raiders are signing former Patriots wide receiver Jakobi Meyers to a three-year deal worth $33M, per report.

8:46 a.m. Eagles and center Jason Kelce agree on one-year, $14.3 million contract, per report.

8:45 a.m. Buccaneers are trading guard Shaq Mason to the Texans, per report.

8:09 a.m. Chargers are signing former Vikings linebacker Eric Kendricks to two-year contract worth $13.25M, per report.

7:55 a.m. Vikings expected to re-sign backup quarterback Nick Mullens, per report.

7:12 a.m. Falcons are signing former Commanders quarterback Taylor Heinicke, per report.

Information from previous days at the end of the article

@NFLfan - can you keep this pinned or something like that as the first post of the thread and update it? I got it from here:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/3/13/23637684/nfl-free-agency-tracker-chiefs-news-trades-updates-reports-signings-more

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Being a Hoosier I luckily don't get much of that type of radio talk. It's all Colts, Bengals, and Reds in my area. 

I'm in NY; so, sports radio will have it on. 

As you reported,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

With the cash we gave Nelson, Kelley, and Smith we are in a position to find talent on rookie contracts at the moment. Ballard preached the trenches coming in and it helped us a lot on both sides of the ball. Now it's time to boost up the oline with young talent if we want a chance for any QB/RB to succeed and grow here...

Hopefully Kelly will be moved. I saw a report saying he was being shopped around a few days ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

@NFLfan - can you keep this pinned or something like that as the first post of the thread and update it?

I don't think we can do that. I would have to create a new thread and all subsequent posts would follow it. Anything that was posted before it, will show up before it. (I tried doing that on Sunday and it did not see work.)

Why not create a thread in the NFL section and post it? I can then pin it.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think we can do that. I would have to create a new thread and all subsequent posts would follow it. Anything that was posted before it, will show up before it. (I tried doing that on Sunday and it did not see work.)

Why not create a thread in the NFL section and post it? I can then pin it.

Just did, Thanks

• Like 1

Rodgers said he was 90% retiring and 10% playing going into his darkness retreat. I imagine he may only play for 1 season in NY and then call it good. Pretty much going to be an all or nothing scenario, but hey at least the Jets fans can feel relevant again!

8 minutes ago, El Potro said:

Hopefully Kelly will be moved. I saw a report saying he was being shopped around a few days ago. 

I see a cut before a trade, no will trade for him if the can sign him cheaper...His recent injury history puts a dent in it all. But if we can get him packaged up with Moore or with another player to a center needy team it could happen.

4 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I see a cut before a trade, no will trade for him if the can sign him cheaper...His recent injury history puts a dent in it all. But if we can get him packaged up with Moore or with another player to a center needy team it could happen.

I was thinking something like the Shaq Mason trade. Kelly and a 7th for a 6th. Just to hopefully have someone take on his contract. 

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

The Jets have some fun characters there. Breece Hall, Sauce Gardner and Garrett Wilson seem to be happy players.  

To be fair, they're all really young and were rookies last year. Give it a year or 2 with the New York media and playing with Aaron Rodgers and we'll see how happy they all seem. 

Then again maybe the youthful nature and attitudes of those guys paired with the fresh start might make Aaron Rodgers more palatable and happy instead. The New York media will always be horrid though, lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Potro said:

To be fair, they're all really young and were rookies last year. Give it a year or 2 with the New York media and playing with Aaron Rodgers and we'll see how happy they all seem. 

Then again maybe the youthful nature and attitudes of those guys paired with the fresh start might make Aaron Rodgers more palatable and happy instead. The New York media will always be horrid though, lol. 

Maybe. I think Rogers is a bigger problem than the media. Eli Manning was great in NY, as were a lot of the Giants. Many still work in NY/NJ and are part of the media. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It seems like the Patriots want to acquire some WRs. First they want to trade for Jeudy and/or Hopkins and now 

Why did they not re-sign their player who was rated the top WR (Meyers) in free agency? 

Possibly Meyers wanted out? 

• Like 1

While I realize it would be the most un-Ballard thing in the history of Ballardness, I can’t shake the feeling that the Colts are working on a Lamar Jackson deal. I have no evidence nor any inside information. I know others have mentioned it as well.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It seems like the Patriots want to acquire some WRs. First they want to trade for Jeudy and/or Hopkins and now 

Why did they not re-sign their player who was rated the top WR (Meyers) in free agency? 

I didnt see anything special about Meyers. Pats had no explosive WR.

20 minutes ago, Hark said:

While I realize it would be the most un-Ballard thing in the history of Ballardness, I can’t shake the feeling that the Colts are working on a Lamar Jackson deal. I have no evidence nor any inside information. I know others have mentioned it as well.

Makes me sick to my stomach but I have the same feeling

• Like 2