Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, but first things first, get rid of dead weight like Ryan first.

I actually agree. That is why the Panthers should have waited till the first week of free agency to do a trade with the Bears.

Ryan will be cut in due time. Patience grasshopper 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To add to this. The Jets are already trying to sign Lazard and Cobb. Tonyan is also a FA, Rodgers may want him as well. This will take playing time away from the Jets WRs, and probably force the Jets to trade one of them. Not a good situation all-around.

That's okay, If your QB is gonna be Rodgers, he's going to show faces on the field and be passive aggressive with the head coach off the field if his receivers aren't doing exactly what he wants. This is all already well known and documented, comes along with the signing. 

Better to bring Lazard, keep Garrett Wilson and maybe Corey Davis if not expensive. Elijah Moore wanted out anyway, that doesn't gel with Rodgers' attitude. They can keep Mims and TE Conklin is good enough, Rodgers has seen him a lot in person in Minnesota. Get Tonyan or not, depending on cap availability and you've got enough receiving options. 

9 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That's okay, If your QB is gonna be Rodgers, he's going to show faces on the field and be passive aggressive with the head coach off the field if his receivers aren't doing exactly what he wants. This is all already well known and documented, comes along with the signing. 

Better to bring Lazard, keep Garrett Wilson and maybe Corey Davis if not expensive. Elijah Moore wanted out anyway, that doesn't gel with Rodgers' attitude. They can keep Mims and TE Conklin is good enough, Rodgers has seen him a lot in person in Minnesota. Get Tonyan or not, depending on cap availability and you've got enough receiving options. 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I need a three year vacation from football.  He is now signed through 2025. :facepalm:

As if there was any other option available. 

Vikings are tied up with him until he retires or until the HC / GM grow enough to move on.. at least the offense doesn't totally go into shell as Kirk used to around '18-'20, at best Vikings fans can hope for seeing some fun games, especially if Rodgers is not in the division. 

That's all about it, for next 5 years, as I said before. 

Probably next GM / HC combo will draft a QB? Until then, they could at least look for next Hurts in the draft range that Vikings pick and not miss out again, if the current combo have good brains. 

6 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

As if there was any other option available. 

Vikings are tied up with him until he retires or until the HC / GM grow enough to move on.. at least the offense doesn't totally go into shell as Kirk used to around '18-'20, at best Vikings fans can hope for seeing some fun games, especially if Rodgers is not in the division. 

That's all about it, for next 5 years, as I said before. 

Probably next GM / HC combo will draft a QB? Until then, they could at least look for next Hurts in the draft range that Vikings pick and not miss out again, if the current combo have good brains. 

From what people are writing, it seems that this marks the beginning of the end with Cousins. Apparently they restructured but did not give him an extension. It is confusing. 

What do you think of AT possibly signing with the Colts? Colts fans will love him. I thought he would be a good fit in Buffalo to rejoin his buddy Stefon Diggs. 

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Isn't Alec Lewis implying that Cousins received an order extension? Anyone?

OTC Says

Cousins signed a one year extension for $35 million in 2022. We are estimating the numbers at the time but based on reports the extension should save the Vikings $13.75 million in cap space for 2022. Cousins has a no trade clause for 2023 and added two additional void years for salary cap purposes.

2024 cap number was 12.5 million, and '25 cap number was zero. Two additional void years. Probably now extended until 2025, with maybe additional void years. They could call it restructuring, but basically Vikings and Cousins are just signing their marriage agreement every two years and see how long it works  :shake:  There's neither total faith nor disagreement between both parties, marriage of convenience. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

OTC Says

2024 cap number was 12.5 million, and '25 cap number was zero. Two additional void years. Probably now extended until 2025, with maybe additional void years. They could call it restructuring, but basically Vikings and Cousins are just signing their marriage agreement every two years and see how long it works  :shake:  There's neither total faith nor disagreement between both parties, marriage of convenience. 

Thank you. That now makes sense. I can continue to enjoy football :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

From what people are writing, it seems that this marks the beginning of the end with Cousins. Apparently they restructured but did not give him an extension. It is confusing. 

What do you think of AT possibly signing with the Colts? Colts fans will love him. I thought he would be a good fit in Buffalo to rejoin his buddy Stefon Diggs. 

However, I don't think it symbolizes the end of Cousins' tenure in Minnesota. if anything, when they clear cap space now, they are pushing that into additional void years most probably. So if they draft a rookie in 2024 or 2025, and move on from Cousins, Vikings will still be having cap number for Cousins most of the drafted QB's rookie contract. 

Only if they draft a QB somehow, they can fully move on from Cousins. Kinda like how Brees' tenure ended in NOLA. 

Theilen and Diggs with Allen would be very much fun, hope it happens. Theilen can succeed in any team, and will certainly be helpful for Colts if they draft a QB. His production may not be 1,000+ yards again unless he plays with elite QBs, but he can help most of the offenses in a plenty of ways. Theilen would be awesome with Burrow and Mahomes, would've been great with Brady as well if that had happened. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

@NFLfan

That's cheaper compensation than what Vikings gave up for TJ Hockenson. 

The Detroit Lions made a move ahead of Tuesday's NFL trade deadline. They traded tight end T.J. Hockenson (pending physical), a 2023 fourth-round pick and a conditional 2024 draft selection to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for a 2023 second-round pick and a 2024 third-round pick

I guess, Waller was injured for last two seasons, and that probably had brought his value down. Raiders are going to struggle a lot, without him, and with only Tae Adams as the threat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@NFLfan

That's cheaper compensation than what Vikings gave up for TJ Hockenson. 

I guess, Waller was injured for last two seasons, and that probably had brought his value down. Raiders are going to struggle a lot, without him, and with only Tae Adams as the threat. 

Waller is older too, no? I like Waller but I was very happy with the Hockenson acquisition.