Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cody Mauch and Jack Campbell Draft Prospects

I still think we go after RT prospects with bulk that can translate to RG first over LT prospects unless a great LT prospect falls to us. Raimann is our LT next year, we will go into this draft to get an RT/RG prospect, most likely with our Round 2/3/4 pick, IMO, if we still have them.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I still think we go after RT prospects with bulk that can translate to RG first over LT prospects unless a great LT prospect falls to us. Raimann is our LT next year, we will go into this draft to get an RT/RG prospect, most likely with our Round 2/3/4 pick, IMO, if we still have them.

The kid from Ohio state is a monster.   

On 2/3/2023 at 11:16 AM, DaColts85 said:

Cody Mauch is a good RG prospect. Shorter arms so probably gets pushed inside but might have great positional value as G/T. 

He's a converted TE and doesn't have the bulk needed to play inside at the moment. I think he'll hold up at OT, even with the shorter arms.

7 hours ago, Shive said:

He's a converted TE and doesn't have the bulk needed to play inside at the moment. I think he'll hold up at OT, even with the shorter arms.

Yea I know he isn’t to thick. I was just reading up on him and they kept mentioning that he might be better at G to start. I think regardless if we draft o line early I would rather interior unless we address it in FA. 

On 2/2/2023 at 12:06 PM, chad72 said:

Good post.   The key here is do the Colts trade up in the first.  Because if they do, that 2nd round pick (35) or 3rd (79) may have to be included in the trade up.   

That obviously would complicate things. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good post.   The key here is do the Colts trade up in the first.  Because if they do, that 2nd round pick (35) or 3rd (79) may have to be included in the trade up.   

That obviously would complicate things. 

There is a good chance we have either our 2nd or 3rd rounder intact. One of those likely will be used for that RG candidate, IMO.

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

There is a good chance we have either our 2nd or 3rd rounder intact. One of those likely will be used for that RG candidate, IMO.

I think so too.    But it likely also means we’d also be giving up picks in ‘24 as well. 

But we can cross that bridge a year from now. 

On 2/6/2023 at 10:24 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think so too.    But it likely also means we’d also be giving up picks in ‘24 as well. 

But we can cross that bridge a year from now. 

Not sold of the QB class and wouldn't be shocked if we acquire Trubisky could be no worse than than rookies.  Was never really high on Trubisky when he played for the Bears but didn't have too bad of a season (minus interceptions) with the Steelers.  Steichen as a coach might turn Trubisky around...tbd speculative.  Really would like to see us draft Devon at CB with our 4th pick.  

As for Mauch and Campbell those are easy passes from me and not on my draft board.  Big question to me is to take OC Schmitz who can play multiple positions and may be better as our RG for a year or two before moving over and taking Kelly's spot.  Coin flip would be if Edge McDonald is available top of the second.

7 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Not sold of the QB class and wouldn't be shocked if we acquire Trubisky could be no worse than than rookies.  Was never really high on Trubisky when he played for the Bears but didn't have too bad of a season (minus interceptions) with the Steelers.  Steichen as a coach might turn Trubisky around...tbd speculative.  Really would like to see us draft Devon at CB with our 4th pick.  

As for Mauch and Campbell those are easy passes from me and not on my draft board.  Big question to me is to take OC Schmitz who can play multiple positions and may be better as our RG for a year or two before moving over and taking Kelly's spot.  Coin flip would be if Edge McDonald is available top of the second.

Good post.   Not sure exactly how much I agree with, but that’s ok.   I think it’s a very thoughtful post.  

I think the question about McDonald gets answered first in March when we all find out if the Colts re-sign Yannick.   If they do, then I think we’d pass on McDonald.   But if the Colts don’t re-sign him, then I think McDonald could easily be the target at the top of the second.  

Schmidt is another very appealing guy, especially if the Colts trade or cut Kelly.   I’d love him at Center or guard.   And again, what the Colts do or don’t do in FA in March might be a TELL about what the Colts do in the draft. 

On 2/4/2023 at 11:34 PM, danlhart87 said:

Mauch had great Senior Bowl 

They called him ruthless and toothless

Mauch and John Michael Schmitz are my top choices for our 2nd pick. Schmitz if we boot Kelly. 

Schmitz earned captain during the senior bowl and he was MEAN. 

Mauch could be our new RG. That’s how he projects from what I’ve seen. Heard FA would be deep on guards though. 

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Mauch and John Michael Schmitz are my top choices for our 2nd pick. Schmitz if we boot Kelly. 

Schmitz earned captain during the senior bowl and he was MEAN. 

Mauch could be our new RG. That’s how he projects from what I’ve seen. Heard FA would be deep on guards though. 

JMS will go 1st round

On 2/9/2023 at 5:47 PM, danlhart87 said:

JMS will go 1st round

It will be close.  Centers don’t usually go in the 1st Rd but he was a standout at the senior bowl. He’s one of my top choices for the 35th pick if he’s available. The Chiefs center showed that you could come into the NFL and play center as a rookie. 

Campbell is an absolute stud and leader.  The Colts won’t be drafting a LB that high but he’s going to improve some team. 

Archived