Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Week 16: Around the NFL Game Discussion thread

NFLfan

54 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No your point was we kicked him to the curb.  Your own words. 

Paying him top receiver money when he couldn't earn it was not kicking him to the curb.  

He had great chemistry with Luck but that was 5 years ago. 

We did kick him to the curb, what else would you call it when we picked 4 other WR's over him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We don’t even know if Ballard kicked him to the curb. Maybe Hilton didn’t want to come back. His age maybe he wanted to wait to go to a playoff contender and in meantime he got to watch his son play football.

You are on twitter more than anyone, he said he wanted to comeback on twitter and at the beginning of the season we were considered a playoff team. Ballard chose 4 WR's that gave us dung over TY, facts.

• Like 1

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry to inform you but TY didn't earn a new contract.  You may call it kicking him to the curb but reality says different. 

The contract would have been for 1 year because that is what it was in 2021 - nothing to lose. Looking at our WR room at the beginning of the year, it would have been wise to bring him back for 1 year. I was on record saying over and over in here we need to bring him back for 1 year, so this isn't even hindsight. Oh well, it's over now. I think he will do well in Dallas.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The contract would have been for 1 year because that is what it was in 2021 - nothing to lose. Looking at our WR room at the beginning of the year, it would have been wise to bring him back for 1 year. I was on record saying over and over in here we need to bring him back for 1 year, so this isn't even hindsight. Oh well, it's over now. I think he will do well in Dallas.

You using hindsight and bringing up other receivers has zero to do

with resigning TY. 

I wish him well in Dallas. 

The fact is he was not an impact player for his last contract. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are on twitter more than anyone, he said he wanted to comeback on twitter and at the beginning of the season we were considered a playoff team. Ballard chose 4 WR's that gave us dung over TY, facts.

I think both sides were interested but couldnt agree on the money this time.  

Im guessing here but to me it looked like TY decided to sit out after that and wait until a playoff team wanted a WR.  Hate to say this but Dallas might be a great fit for him too

He wont have to be a possession receiver and Dak can hit him down the field 

Bucs offense is so predictable on 3rd down with routes rarely going past the sticks and it makes it easy to play D against Brady. The formations, the routes, the lack of running abilities etc. make up an anemic offense. I seriously doubt they beat the Panthers for the division.

17 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Wow... No way Tom is retiring after this year he doesn't want to go out this horribly. This is awful. 

P.s. why are the Cardinals playing at home in Christmas again?!

If Gronk and Antonio Brown and Edelman aren’t walking through that door, where’s he going to go?

He can’t sign back to play for Todd Bowles and Leftwich. Which other team with top weapons will take him? He needs high level OL protection and very good weapons to be a consistent SB contender. Being division winners won’t suffice in the future. The NFC will keep getting stronger.

Suh and JPP are gone. Their run D and pass rush isn’t the same anymore. Ali Marpet retired and Alex Kappa went to the Bengals (OL). Whether you miss the playoffs or barely win the division the next year, does it really matter with all the above pieces gone?

Bucs’ best bet is to grind out and win the sorry division this year and Brady gets to host a playoff game 

P.s. I still don't know why teams receive the ball first in OT. Unless you know you're scoring a TD why not kick it off. These teams tonight knew good and well they weren't marching down the field and scoring a TD first lol. The team who plays defense first has all the advantages with these OT rules

• Like 1

So that's what, the second time this year a Brady comeback happened because a team didn't stick to what was working? That Monday Night Saints game where they're running down clock and they throw a slant on 3rd and inches that falls incomplete, and last night, the fumble on a 3rd and 1 pitch when Connor was running very well and wasn't on the field that play. I'm sure Brady is getting gushing coverage today for needing overtime to beat a 3rd string QB and like the Saints game, not much will be said about their opponent just completely melting down and forgetting about basic football.

Still, if the Panthers can beat them next week, they move into first place with a H2H tiebreaker for sweeping the Bucs, so one can hope?

• Like 1