Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Week 16: Around the NFL Game Discussion thread

NFLfan

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Eagles have so much talent. Cowboys I don’t think have clinched a playoff spot yet either.

Hope they miss the playoffs. I'm rooting for the Giants, Lions and Commanders. 

I would rather the Titans make it over the Jags. You?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Hope they miss the playoffs. I'm rooting for the Giants, Lions and Commanders. 

I would rather the Titans make it over the Jags. You?

I think Titans wouldn't be able to compete against playoff teams with Henry alone after Tannehill injury, a playoff game would be a dud. If the Jaguars are in, we can get to see how Lawrence plays there, and it will be exciting to watch. 

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What is the score in that game? 

37-20.

Heinicke got 2 TDs, and after an interception trying to chase 15+ point trailing, Wentz came in had a TD drive but 49ers were in prevent defense mode by that time and just needed to get the play clock done. Washington run game couldn't help, so it's not fair to blame Heinicke. Kittle scored a couple TDs and CMC 1. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IinD said:

We definitely couldn't used ty better his last couple years here. Just always felt they were using him wrong.

Hope he kills it going forward.

To be honest TY was injured most of his last 2 seasons.  So much it effected his play when he attempted to play when he wasn't 100%. 

No disrespect aimed at TY but he done the best he could.  

Still is one of my top players that played for the Colts.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I knew people who went to Purchase. I went to Binghamton. ESPN's Tony Kornheiser and Carl Ravech went there. There is a guy who played in King of Queens who was at Binghamton when I was there.

@richard pallo Are you familiar with the SUNY system? 

Yes I am.  I didn’t attend any but they have a great reputation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That TY Hilton catch on 3rd and 30 was sweet for 52 yards, saved the game for Dallas. Yet we kicked him to the curb, just another example of why Dallas is Dallas this year and we are the Colts this year SMH. 

Not resigning an aged WR that couldn't stay on the field is not kicking him to the curb. 

He was paid handsomely for 2 years when he wasn't on the field and when he was he was not clutch. 

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not resigning an aged WR that couldn't stay on the field is not kicking him to the curb. 

He was paid handsomely for 2 years when he wasn't on the field and when he was he was not clutch. 

Point is, he would have been a lot better than Patmon, Dulin, or Strachan who gave us nothing and Cutee was a fumble waiting to happen. If we would have re-signed TY, even had he played 10 games, that could have been the difference in all the close games we have lost. He is a playmaker and we may of beat the Commanders, Philly, and Minnesota with him in the lineup meaning we would be 7-6-1 right now and in 1st place. We will never know because we chose 4 other WR's over him that gave us nothing and Cutee was even awful on SP Teams.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Point is, he would have been a lot better than Patmon, Dulin, or Strachan who gave us nothing and Cutee was a fumble waiting to happen. If we would have re-signed TY, even had he played 10 games, that could have been the difference in all the close games we have lost. He is a playmaker and we may of beat the Commanders, Philly, and Minnesota with him in the lineup meaning we would be 7-6-1 right now and in 1st place. We will never know because we chose 4 other WR's over him that gave us nothing and Cutee was even awful on SP Teams.

No your point was we kicked him to the curb.  Your own words. 

Paying him top receiver money when he couldn't earn it was not kicking him to the curb.  

He had great chemistry with Luck but that was 5 years ago. 

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No your point was we kicked him to the curb.  Your own words. 

Paying him top receiver money when he couldn't earn it was not kicking him to the curb.  

He had great chemistry with Luck but that was 5 years ago. 

We don’t even know if Ballard kicked him to the curb. Maybe Hilton didn’t want to come back. His age maybe he wanted to wait to go to a playoff contender and in meantime he got to watch his son play football.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fantasy football... yada yada yada.