Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 14: NFL Game Discussion thread

NFLfan

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, that is pure coaching. They could insert Homer Simpson at QB and win 11 games homer simpson touchdown GIF

I love that audible Purdy just called. He yelled out JIMMY G hut lmao 

That is funny. :funny: You may be right.

I wanted the Vikes to use a late-round pick on Brock Purdy. I liked him in college. One Iowa St alum who is a Vikes fan told me that he did not think he would start in the NFL.

I agree with Belichick when it comes to drafting QBs. Draft one almost every year or every other year, in the mid to lower rounds and develop them. You can trade them for draft picks as they did with Jimmy G and Brissett.  We could have had Purdy. The 49ers traded their 3rd string QB (Nick Mullens) to us and kept Purdy as the third stringer. I like Mullens. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is funny. :funny: You may be right.

I wanted the Vikes to use a late-round pick on Brock Purdy. I liked him in college. One Iowa St alum who is a Vikes fan told me that he did not think he would start in the NFL. I agree with Belichick when it comes to drafting QBs. Draft one almost every year and try to develop them. We could have had Purdy. The 49ers traded their 3rd string QB (Nick Mullens) to us and kept Purdy as the third stringer. I like Mullens. 

it also speaks to the quarterback coaching, and a playcalling, that Kyle Shanahan employs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

it also speaks to the quarterback coaching, and a playcalling, that Kyle Shanahan employs

He is very good. I had hoped he would have traded for Cousins but he does not need to. Anyone playing in his system plays well.

Just now, Derakynn said:

Oh jeez the Colts have a worse record than the Jags now. Oof.

The only way Ballard keeps his job is if it was Irsay who pushed Ballard for a QB change from Wentz as opposed to Ballard or Reich, for what I saw was nothing more than a lateral move at best giving us little return for the 1st rounder we ponied up.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I would say outside one small stretch, the Bucs haven’t won two games in a row more than once, I think,  this year. 

I think Tom retires at the end of the season as I stated earlier. He is the GOAT with his 7 rings and 3 MVP's, but at least Peyton won 5 MVP's and went out on top with that key 2nd ring Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think once. Drew Brees got him a few years ago like 38-3. He never lost in NE like this. Peyton got him 40-21 in 2005.

41-17 vs Saints on the road during Saints SB year??. Also lost 0-31 vs Bills and Bledsoe in 2003 season beginning, 14-41 in beginning of 2014 season on the road to Chiefs but won the SB both years. But the Saints loss was one of the few blowouts late in the season past the midway point.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chad72 said:

41-17 vs Saints on the road during Saints SB year??. Also lost 0-31 vs Bills and Bledsoe in 2003 season beginning, 14-41 in beginning of 2014 season on the road to Chiefs but won the SB both years. But the Saints loss was one of the few blowouts late in the season past the midway point.

I figured I was forgetting a few, thanks. The guy has played for like 50 years. I just remembered the Saints blowing  them out at least twice and we did once. You brought up the Chiefs game, I now remember that one too :thmup:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I figured I was forgetting a few, thanks. The guy has played for like 50 years. I just remembered the Saints blowing  them out at least twice and we did once. You brought up the Chiefs game, I now remember that one too :thmup:

I remember that Chiefs loss. I did not realize it was that bad of a loss. I think he played the Vikings a week or two later and beat us badly. I think Matt Cassel was starting for us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I went back and looked, it was 38-17 Saints, very close :)