Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 14: NFL Game Discussion thread

NFLfan

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wanted baker this past off season. I love his fire. Maybe he stays with rams as Stafford insurance. Stafford has had a lot of injuries I could see him retiring soon.

I would take baker as a free agent too. Maybe even over a draft prospect.

I like him too. I am not sure why he has not had more success. 

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I did not watch the game. How did the Raiders lose this? Did the Rams recover an onside kick? The Rams seemed to score so fast. 

A pass interfere and a unsportsmanship penalties on the last drive 

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You think they are going to cut Stafford or you mean ad a backup until he retires?

Until he retires 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I did not watch the game. How did the Raiders lose this? Did they lose an inside kick? The Rams seemed to score so fast. 

Their offense looked really inept at times. But raiders punter had a great punt and rams had to 98 yards.  Huge raiders penalties helped rams March down field. But baker had two huge throws. One for the winning touchdown last drive.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah that tied game for us is what is keeping us outside the top 5 pick.

It should eventually not matter. Hopefully colts don’t screw this up. Watch Foles come in and play and light it up lol. A couple of these QB might stop a few spots because a lot of these teams won’t be taking QB. Also the closer we are to Chicago the better chances of trading with them and getting one of the top two QB.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They are talking how it’s possible Stafford retires after the season. Wonder if rams No something and that’s why they went and got baker.

I'm not sure about that but the Rams signed Baker because they had to find a QB because of injuries 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It should eventually not matter. Hopefully colts don’t screw this up. Watch Foles come in and play and light it up lol. A couple of these QB might stop a few spots because a lot of these teams won’t be taking QB. Also the closer we are to Chicago the better chances of trading with them and getting one of the top two QB.

Personally I don't believe in tanking.  Neither does Irsay. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Personally I don't believe in tanking.  Neither does Irsay. 

It’s hard when the best thing for the franchise is to lose. I don’t mind playing hard make it entertaining but lose in the end. I don’t think players or coaches tank. I don’t cry if they keep losing. It’s not in their best interest to win.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s hard when the best thing for the franchise is to lose. I don’t mind playing hard make it entertaining but lose in the end. I don’t think players or coaches tank. I don’t cry if they keep losing. It’s not in their best interest to win.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it? 

27 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They are talking how it’s possible Stafford retires after the season. Wonder if rams No something and that’s why they went and got baker.

Baker was an easy decision for LAR. 

LAR was #3 in claim order, and his salary is cheap. 

He'll be a FA in 23. So LAR will need to make a choice. 

In short, they bought (cheaply) the right to extend or franchise tag him. 

But nobody was willing to send multiple picks to the Browns to trade for him. 

Stafford... looks like a coin flip at best. Multiple concussions this year, and the spinal issue. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Baker was an easy decision for LAR. 

LAR was #3 in claim order, and his salary is cheap. 

He'll be a FA in 23. So LAR will need to make a choice. 

In short, they bought (cheaply) the right to extend or franchise tag him. 

But nobody was willing to send multiple picks to the Browns to trade for him. 

Stafford... looks like a coin flip at best. Multiple concussions this year, and the spinal issue. 

Sadly I agree about Stafford. His long history of injuries unfortunately will end his career. He really has been one of the most underrated QBs because of his time with the Lions. At least he got to win a Lombardi one time in his career. 

Only time will show us if Mayfield has matured into a QB that can lead a team. 

This thread suggesting that Ballard overlooked a QB and needs a finger pointed at him is ridiculous IMO.  

• Like 1

Good for Baker!

I thought Cleveland did him wrong.   And he's been the brunt of so many jokes and memes.

Say what you will.....the kid's got heart and he got it done in less than 2 days of knowing the playbook.  I am happy for him that he got this win.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Good for Baker!

I thought Cleveland did him wrong.   And he's been the brunt of so many jokes and memes.

Say what you will.....the kid's got heart and he got it done in less than 2 days of knowing the playbook.  I am happy for him that he got this win.

I will agree the Browns did him dirty and I do like his fire. Having said that I don't think he will ever be a franchise QB. He is a guy that is fun to root for though because he seems like a good guy. Last night was fun to watch I will admit watching Baker stick it too McDaniels :thmup:

• Like 1

Vikes have the following inactive today. It won't be easy to beat Detroit today. 

DL Ross Blacklock

C Garrett Bradbury

OT Christian Darrisaw

S Harrison Smith

OLB Luiji Vilain

Detroit has relative unknowns (to me) inactive today:

OT Kayode Awosika

OLB Derrick Barnes

DT Michael Brockers

G Evan Brown

DL Austin Bryant

DB Will Harris