Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 14: NFL Game Discussion thread

NFLfan

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

About 6 years ago, we got about 27 inches of snow. There was another year when we had about that much (1996 or so). In Buffalo, it can get very cold and snowy, not so much where I am.

I prefer the cold. I would rather live in Maine or Minnesota than in Florida. I don't like very warm weather. 

I remember up here it was -30 below without  the windchill in 2003. Ill never forget that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Not too worried. There gonna be a lot of teams looking for QBs this off season I feel.

The good news is the less the bears have to trade down that is a trade that could happen. We have some players they might want to sweeten the deal. We need bears to stay at that 2nd pick. Which means we need them to keep losing and denver not to get that second pick. Seattle might just take a QB.

2 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Green Bay got to -27 in 1994 I think. It was -33 I think back in the 50s or so.

I hope Carolina wins that division.

Ir would push them down draft board which would be good.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The good news is the less the bears have to trade down that is a trade that could happen. We have some players they might want to sweeten the deal. We need bears to stay at that 2nd pick. Which means we need them to keep losing and denver not to get that second pick. Seattle might just take a QB.

Ir would push them down draft board which would be good.

Good for us as well. We play the Rams next week at home and I think we might win that one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I remember up here it was -30 below without  the windchill in 2003. Ill never forget that.

That is cold. Everyone should stay home when it is that cold. I think the coldest I remember was about -15°. I don't know if I left home that day.

1 minute ago, Arodgers12 said:

Good for us as well. We play the Rams next week at home and I think we might win that one.

Colts need rams to keep winning too. Although lions are not taking a QB with that luck the higher we get the better and makes it easier to trade up a couple spots.

Sam Darnold might earn a little extension as a bridge QB for a rookie.

Lmao

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Still have to trade up because you don’t want teams directly behind us to trade up and around us.

Yeah but there’s got to be a realistic price you’re willing to pay too. Can’t worry about everyone behind you jumping you and end up overpaying.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If they have a QB they want you can’t sit back and just let another team go around you.  That is what bad GM do.

Bad GMs also overpay for a few spots and find out they aren’t that far ahead like they thought they’d get. There’s no Andrew Luck or Joe Burrow in this draft.

Look at where the Jets are after overpaying us for moving up for Sam Darnold. Reasonable move up, yes but not at the cost of not being able to field a very good team year after year.

An emotional decision will cost the Colts. Take a swing at a QB, absolutely. Overpay, absolutely not.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Bad GMs also overpay for a few spots and find out they aren’t that far ahead like they thought they’d get. There’s no Andrew Luck or Joe Burrow in this draft.

Look at where the Jets are after overpaying us for moving up for Sam Darnold. Reasonable move up, yes but not at the cost of not being able to field a very good team year after year.

An emotional decision will cost the Colts. Take a swing at a QB, absolutely. Overpay, absolutely not.

There is no such thing as over paying for a QB in draft. Fans are just going to realize sitting back gets you no where. 

44 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is no such thing as over paying for a QB in draft. Fans are just going to realize sitting back gets you no where. 

I sure am glad not every GM thinks that way. Moving up is one thing, overpaying heavily is another.

I guess the RG3, Trubisky, Tim Tebow trade’s happening because a team really really loved the QB they wanted to overpay haven’t taught us QB starving fans a lesson.